Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 06:06 PM

7 posts, read 5,560 times

Advertisements

getting to believe it is true!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2021, 07:49 AM

6 posts, read 4,338 times
So I tried to file last week's claim on the NJ unemployment website and didn't' t even get to the part where they asked me all the qualifying questions yet. I was at the page just before it, I had entered my SS# and PIN when I got the following error message, "Your certification cannot be completed as Extended Benefits has ended in your resident state." Funny thing is that my resident state EB is not exhausted I live in NY and worked in NJ, I have been getting my benefits with no issues what so ever and now this.???

I just read all the threads here after I got off the phone with a rep that told me that I exhausted my initial claim(which I knew) and I was about a month and a half into my 20 wks and all of sudden got the above message. So I have not been able to claim since. she said 2 things 1) I have a date of sequence that has to be removed. When I asked her what that meant she said it was something on their end to handle...??? 2)that my resident state does not have EB $ and EB is not in place....when I look at the website for NY DOL it states that EB is in place as of Jan 2021 and that it is also extended...I explained this to her and she said that this, not the info NJ has and all I can do is wait. for an email. which by the way I have never ever gotten an email and the only letter I have gotten was to let me know I was approved for EB in NJ...I want to scream!!

Im also wondering if I should just move my claim to NY???

Has anyone gotten any further?

TIA

Last edited by ttfn92869; 02-15-2021 at 08:17 AM..

Old 02-15-2021, 08:11 AM

NJ unemployment gets more confusing each week.
This week I tried to certify for my 11 weeks benefits because I was told that my NJ State 20 weeks benefits were stopped because I was not a NJ resident ( as I explained in previous post) and when I went into my account this week I found the remainder of my 20 weeks were active again and was able to certify for this week and the past week. After I certified I received an email stating, my claim has been received but not payable as this time? The email said this maybe happing because I have a pending appointment,( which I do not have ) or if I have appealed a disqualification and awaiting a determination of decision. (which I did not appeal for anything at all) Then the email states If I do not know why my claim is not being paid to please call the call center. So I am trying to call back the call center the same one that gave me the misinformation about not being a NJ resident... to try to find out what is happening.
Very confusing!!

Old 02-15-2021, 01:07 PM

Default Ongoing 20 week EB issue

This week I tried to certify for my 11 weeks benefits because I was told that my NJ State 20 weeks benefits were stopped because I was not a NJ resident ( as I explained in previous post) and when I went into my account this week I found the remainder of my 20 weeks were active again and was able to certify for this week and the past week. After I certified I received an email stating, my claim has been received but not payable as this time? The email said this maybe happing because I have a pending appointment,( which I do not have ) or if I have appealed a disqualification and awaiting a determination of decision. (which I did not appeal for anything at all) Then the email states If I do not know why my claim is not being paid to please call the call center. So I am trying to call back the call center the same one that gave me the misinformation about not being a NJ resident... to try to find out what is happening.
Very confusing!!

Old 02-15-2021, 01:59 PM

115 posts, read 64,469 times
[quote=dtomas;60408732]NJ unemployment gets more confusing each week.
Very confusing!![/QUOT

I received that same email last Wednesday after certifying

This e-mail confirms that your claim for weekly Unemployment Insurance benefits, Confirmation#21041133320677, has been received.

Your claim is not payable at this time.

If you have a pending appointment or if you have appealed a disqualification and are awaiting a determination, you have been given pended credit for week-ending 02/06/21. If a determination or an appeal decision is in your favor and no other disqualification(s) exist, you will be paid for the week claimed.

If you do not know why your claim is not payable, please call your nearest Reemployment Call Center.

Then on Saturday I received this email
We are writing to inform you that 11 weeks of unemployment benefits have been added to your account. The Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) benefits available in New Jersey increased in accordance with federal regulations related to the Continued Assistance for Unemployed Worker's Act of 2020 (Continued Assistance Act).

Starting on Sunday, February 14th, at your next available certification timeslot (see link to schedule below) please log-in through "Certify for Weekly Benefits" at myunemployment.nj.gov. There may be multiple weeks of benefits available to you. If so, after you complete a weekly certification you will see a blue button labeled "Certify for Additional Weeks." As long as the button appears, you can continue to certify for another week of past benefits. Repeat the certification process for each week of benefits available. Then continue to certify weekly as needed.

The 11 weeks of PEUC is available in your account starting Sunday, February 14th. Your unemployment claim may still show a $0 balance. Your benefit certification will be processed; there is no need to call the Department. After your certifications are approved, you will receive your past benefit payments in one lump sum.

If you certify by Friday 9pm, a separate payment of Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) will arrive the following Monday or Tuesday, depending on your bank and bank holidays. Certifications completed successfully on a Saturday are processed for FPUC a week later, as FPUC is processed once each week on Friday night. FPUC adds an additional $300 per eligible week of unemployment; the first week for which FPUC is paid is the week ending January 2, 2021.

Old 02-15-2021, 05:35 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,770,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtomas View Post
Very confusing!!
From what I've seen the glitch is once again on NJ's end as NY residents collecting in PA for EB have had no issues. NY has no evidence of being triggered off for EB. I've seen some claimants being told via emails back from Agents working on their claims that they would indeed be able to continue to collect the remainder of the weeks of EB and WOULD NOT be switched off to collect the PEUC. They should be able to claim all missed weeks. As to the time frame, no one has gotten a concrete answer nailed down on that one yet.

Old 02-15-2021, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtomas View Post
Very confusing!!
I've heard the glitch is on the end of NJ regarding the out of state benefits certification message for NY residents.. PA claims with NY residents have been just fine as far as what I've seen and heard. It appears once again the glitch/error is on NJ's end. NY has not triggered off for EB. some have been told via emails from Agents that they will be able to remain on EB and will not be switched to PEUC 11. Time frame wasn't given on how soon certifications would finally be able to go through.

Old 02-27-2021, 10:19 AM

3 posts, read 2,494 times
Updates : As of Feb.27, 2021 (Sat.) I've got the email from NJ DOL to deposit 3 weeks from for the week ending Feb.6th.after long waiting..
I think they fixed the program and eventually they are sending the emails. I think anyone who didn't get the email will get it soon. It's just around the corner

Old 02-28-2021, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njwknylv View Post
Updates : As of Feb.27, 2021 (Sat.) I've got the email from NJ DOL to deposit 3 weeks from for the week ending Feb.6th.after long waiting..
I think they fixed the program and eventually they are sending the emails. I think anyone who didn't get the email will get it soon. It's just around the corner
Good to hear as I have seen others in the same situation waiting for it to be corrected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment