Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2021, 06:39 PM

7 posts, read 5,503 times

Advertisements

When certifying my Unemployment benefits this week in NJ I got the below error message. I had no problem up until this week. I have a balance of several weeks of benefits left and do not understand why this happened nor understand this message below. Does anyone knows what this means? If this helps I live in NY and work in NJ..

ERROR MESSAGE: Your certification cannot be completed as Extended Benefits has ended in your resident
state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2021, 11:27 AM

527 posts, read 386,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtomas View Post
When certifying my Unemployment benefits this week in NJ I got the below error message. I had no problem up until this week. I have a balance of several weeks of benefits left and do not understand why this happened nor understand this message below. Does anyone knows what this means? If this helps I live in NY and work in NJ..

ERROR MESSAGE: Your certification cannot be completed as Extended Benefits has ended in your resident
state.
Are EB benefits triggered on in NY?

You need to check. Call NYDOL if necessary

Old 02-11-2021, 09:36 AM

5 posts, read 3,385 times
Default Extended Benefits ended in your resident state

I just got the same error message, I also live in NY and worked in NJ.

Is there are update on this issue?

THanks

Old 02-11-2021, 09:39 AM

88 posts, read 50,492 times
Quote:

state.
Looks like another NJDOL error thats going on. I believe every state is triggered for EB during the pandemic especially NY

Old 02-11-2021, 10:21 AM

Yes EB are active in NY until March 14.
So far no one I know has received this message...

Old 02-11-2021, 12:26 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,765,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick2020 View Post
Looks like another NJDOL error thats going on. I believe every state is triggered for EB during the pandemic especially NY
No not every state is triggered still for EB.. Some states triggered off already. And not every state has the additional trigger in place like NJ and NY that gives NJ the additional 7 of EB versus only 50% the # of weeks collected on UI for EB (which in NJ would be 13)

Old 02-11-2021, 07:35 PM

88 posts, read 50,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
No not every state is triggered still for EB.. Some states triggered off already. And not every state has the additional trigger in place like NJ and NY that gives NJ the additional 7 of EB versus only 50% the # of weeks collected on UI for EB (which in NJ would be 13)
Interesting good to know. damn

Old 02-12-2021, 09:10 AM

I spoke with NJ unemployment and they told me that the reason why my 20 week extension ended was because I live in NY and only work in NJ and the full 20 weeks are only for NJ residents. (I only received 7 wks benefit) I did explain that I was granted the 20 weeks from NJ and was given a balance for 20 weeks to my account and have been receiving my benefits up until last week. (Feb 2) I also explained that I did not see any information on the NJ unemployment website concerning this issue. The representative then told me this issue was new to her and had to check with the supervisor for the information she gave me. She did tell me I should be entitle for the 11 week extension and still should go to check my account each week to see if it comes available. I am still trying to confirm all the information that was given to me because still don't understand why I was granted the 20 weeks and till have a balance in my account but can't claim it. I wrote all of this just incase some one has the same issue and because the NJ representative told me this was a new issue that just came up.....

Old 02-12-2021, 03:26 PM

5 posts, read 3,385 times
I found this info regarding the EB for 20 weeks. It does NOT state you have to be a NJ resident.

The new law, A4852, which was unanimously passed in both chambers of the state Legislature, changes the requirements so only one of those criteria needs to be met, which would also be in line with the federal requirements.
Primary sponsors Assemblywoman Yvonne Lopez, D-Middlesex, Assemblyman Vince Mazzeo, D-Atlantic, and Speaker Craig Coughlin, D-Middlesex, said in a joint statement that as the coronavirus cases continues surging across the state, “we must do everything in our power to bolster our unemployment program and help unemployed workers through this difficult time.”The law will apply to unemployed workers who have exhausted the base 26 weeks of benefits and additional 13 weeks of CARES Act benefits, which runs through the end of the year.
People seeking the extension would have to have earned wages equivalent to 40 times their weekly benefit rate, and have earned $200 per 20 weeks at minimum wage in their base period.

Old 02-12-2021, 04:02 PM

527 posts, read 386,371 times
Quote:
I spoke with NJ unemployment and they told me that the reason why my 20 week extension ended was because I live in NY and only work in NJ and the full 20 weeks are only for NJ residents. (I only received 7 wks benefit) I did explain that I was granted the 20 weeks from NJ and was given a balance for 20 weeks to my account and have been receiving my benefits up until last week. (Feb 2) I also explained that I did not see any information on the NJ unemployment website concerning this issue. The representative then told me this issue was new to her and had to check with the supervisor for the information she gave me. She did tell me I should be entitle for the 11 week extension and still should go to check my account each week to see if it comes available. I am still trying to confirm all the information that was given to me because still don't understand why I was granted the 20 weeks and till have a balance in my account but can't claim it. I wrote all of this just incase some one has the same issue and because the NJ representative told me this was a new issue that just came up.....
I’m so sorry....I swear the NJDOL will look for any excuse it can to cheat people out of money!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment