Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 04:07 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,125,687 times

Advertisements

She is unemployed. Not working part-time. She stated above that she was told she was eligible for 25 dollars! (Which i assume was based on her income and how many hours were reduced!) Yes, N.Y. you would get nothing, if you worked 40 hours and were reduced to 10 hours, IF they were spread around at 2 hours per day. Which I think Sucks Big time!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 04:12 PM

2,071 posts, read 12,015,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
Yes, $25 or more depending on your salary and how many hours were reduced!

It is also confusing why you were unemployed for 2 months and just now got around to filing for U.C. ...but i guess it worked for you.

I was stupid to think I could get a job in this economy within a few weeks

But, I did get unemployment - should get my lst check anyday - but I'm still going to "pound the pavement".

Old 05-19-2009, 05:40 AM

1,928 posts, read 5,165,196 times
I have a friend who is drawing unemployment now but working a cash job for friend.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:52 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,313,804 times
I'm on unemployment in CA, and also work part-time. I also have them take out federal taxes. They reduce my unemployment check by the amount of part-time work that I claim, and then take an additional 10% out for taxes. I hope to be working again by fall.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:01 PM

3 posts, read 10,885 times
Default America

I agree with Vinny in some ways. They want you to find a job and when you are honest and report those days. They take more out of your check than you would make at minimum wage job.

Autum do you have kids,a mortgage to pay do you know how it feels to go from making $25 an hour and than having to take a $7.50 job.? I pray you never do do you know how it feels to be laid off from being with a company for 13 years, to sit up all night and look for a job ,wonder If You will lose your home because you can't pay your mortgage,to have your whole life turned upside down, to stay home all day because you can't do the things you did when you had a job because you have bills to pay?
You act like they give you a million dollars a week here in NYS you can't make more than $405 that's IF YOU DON'T LET THEM TAX IT. I hope you never have to say "should I pay my electric bill or buy groceries?
Guess what? and I really don't care what anyone says. It pisses me off when I have to see (where I live Russians coming here and buying million dollar homes, when If I have to go to the E.R. and get sent a bill and every other race gets medicare. THIS COUNTRY IS MESSED UP we worry about earthquakes and mudslides and sunamis than MORE THAN our own. You tell me how they can get to Thialand the DAY AFTER X-MAS BUT YOU LEAVE THE PEOPLE OF NEW ORLEANS SIT THERE FOR 5 DAYS BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T GET THREW THE FLOODING I said it once I'll see it again
AMERICA IS A GREAT COUNTRY ,ONLY IF YOUR NOT AN AMERICAN!!

e=Vinnie_Madrox;8422819]How would that be dishonest? If i take the job, i plan on getting paid on the books. I already asked my buddy if they would pay me under the table, and he said since they are a corperation, i can't haha. But seriously, the REAON i'm asking about how it affects your unemployment check, is because i would be CLAIMING it as a real job....ON the books......[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment