Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 08:48 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Oh, like you and your delusional drama is uplifting?

I just don't see what is gained by posting depressing articles of people running out of benefits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 03:48 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
It is just amazing to me how so many employed people want so many benefits....and wonder why so many jobs are outsourced.

I didn't live through the Depression, but I know there was a time when feeding your family and keeping a roof over their head was enough of a benefit. If someone does lose their health benefits, apply for Medicaid like millions of other American people.

Overview Medicaid Eligibility (http://www.cms.hhs.gov/medicaideligibility/ - broken link)

Quote:
Medicaid is health insurance that helps many people who can't afford medical care pay for some or all of their medical bills.
Good health is important to everyone. If you can't afford to pay for medical care right now, Medicaid can make it possible for you to get the care that you need so that you can get healthy and stay healthy.
Medicaid is available only to people with limited income.
It isn't the end of the world just because life is a little difficult and everyone doesn't have the best of everything.

Old 08-29-2009, 03:55 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
It is just amazing to me how so many employed people want so many benefits....and wonder why so many jobs are outsourced.

I didn't live through the Depression, but I know there was a time when feeding your family and keeping a roof over their head was enough of a benefit. If someone does lose their health benefits, apply for Medicaid like millions of other American people.

Overview Medicaid Eligibility (http://www.cms.hhs.gov/medicaideligibility/ - broken link)

It isn't the end of the world just because life is a little difficult and everyone doesn't have the best of everything.

That's what motivated me a lot when I was unemployed thinking how my great grandparents surivived during the great depression and I would tell myself-"If they got through that then I can get through this"

Old 08-29-2009, 05:14 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,900,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
It's the mentality of entitlement. We have to start getting out of this mindset first.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:17 PM

691 posts, read 2,329,236 times
I wonder what will happen in a year from now? Will we have "Obamavilles"?

Old 08-29-2009, 05:36 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
That's what motivated me a lot when I was unemployed thinking how my great grandparents surivived during the great depression and I would tell myself-"If they got through that then I can get through this"
And the absolutely cool part is this.......
Those people came out of their tribulation stronger.
They valued family relationships, they respected anyone who was willing to sweat for a living and beyond all....they learned to save and live within their means.

So....is having a financial hardship a bad thing...or can it end up being the best thing for a couple of generations who thought life owed them something?

I can honestly say as a woman of 50 that it was the hardship times of my own life that filled me with compassion for others and a determination that I could make a way when their was no way. It taught me how to live without fear. And at the end of the day....it made me a much better person.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:01 PM

5 posts, read 18,102 times
Default Good News for Job Seekers!

Niche job boards are becoming the most effective way for companies to find the strongest job candidates. If you have looked at all the big traditional boards, try these targeted job boards:

Christian JobSpot

Jobs That Move Me - A Niche Job Board for Jobs Offering Relocation Assistance

Add On Income Job Site

Insurance Works - A Niche Website for Insurance-Related Jobs

Career Changers is a syndicated list of new job post across multiple industries

Hope these can help someone.

Peace and Blessings,

Vivian

Old 08-29-2009, 08:17 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,437,042 times
Quote:
Why are people on this board so motivated to post negative news? I never see any "Uplifting stories" posted just sad sh*t
Because many many people are jobless..you were there yourself just a short bit ago as I recall. When unemployment checks stop and they can't find work there goes their home/apartment, food, all necessities and for those with kids it's even harder. Maybe, just maybe IF the economy ever gets better then maybe you'll see some "uplifting stories."

Old 08-29-2009, 08:19 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,437,042 times
Quote:
I just don't see what is gained by posting depressing articles of people running out of benefits
Maybe you'd like them to print lies instead ? ? In all honesty, you need to stop coming off so "holier then thou" because you "finally" found a job.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:37 PM

22 posts, read 54,972 times
I don't care and don't approve extended unemployment benefits unless college graduates, who will end up paying for this generations royal ****up, are added to unemployment benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment