Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 08:20 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,807,541 times

Advertisements

What the last poster said about cold in the air. It is usually associated with spirits. This stuff is real and I will now share my experiences on the topic and some advice on what I believe it is.

A family of some of my best friends (20+ years) used to live in a house parked nearby a very old lutheran church. We used to attend the private lutheran school there as children together. I believe the church is at least 100 years old and is fairly rich in history. As it turns out, the church used to put people in a room in that house prior to performing funerals at that church.

As far as that church goes, one of my best friends (and his dad) witnessed the organ for that church playing full blast at about 1am on a random night of the week. They could hear the music outside and all the doors were locked. Yeah, its possible some random person was in there playing the organ (masterfully I might add) at 1am...but its pretty doubtful.

Now the house on the other hand was just full of very creepy things going on. I have first hand witnessed some of these things when I spent time there. The furnace would hiss, very loudly randomly when people would be downstairs. Loud as in going to blow up. Random cabinets and doors would frequently slam all over the house on a daily basis. Electricity would flicker randomly. People would randomly report entire rooms going cold (like 10 to 15 degree sudden drop in temp.). Objects would often get moved around the house randomly.

Lastly, and most disturbing of all, is the things two of them saw. One of the boys who lived there used to stay up late at night playing video games. He told me that often a man would appear to him in the corner of the room and just stare at him for long periods of time. He named that man Bob. He said Bob would show up a few times a week and just "hang out". Supposedly Bob got pissed off when my friend's brother attempted to perform an exorcism (His brother is a lutheran pastor now). After the exorcism attempt things in the house all increased in intensity and frequency. His sister also saw something similar with a young girl walking up and down the stairs dragging a doll. I didn't get too many details on that one. The house was demolished a couple of years ago.

My belief is that its people who are misplaced between life (this world) and whatever comes next. Some of them are scared and don't want to move on or are incredibly angry/confused. Some of them may feel they were somehow wronged in life and are attempting to communicate to the living something they need done for them. Others may be in their own personal "hell" and are trying to sort out their meaning of things. While its possible that whomever is attempting to contact you is evil, for the most part spirits are just trying to figure out what in the hell is going on or what happened to them. Try to not be scared and keep an open ear for what they may be trying to tell you. Its possible they were wronged somehow or just want a bit of help before they can "pass on" into their next phase.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:35 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcon View Post
I've experienced some strange supernatural activity lately for the first time in my 45 years of life. I'll give you the Cliff Notes version:

A few months ago at about 3 am, my wife and i were awoken by our tv shaking on top of the dresser when nothing else was shaking in the room. We live in Colorado, so no earthquakes. It happened a few more times over the next 2 or 3 days. Over that same time period, when I was brushing my teeth my toothpaste tube started shaking on the bathroom counter when nothing else on the counter moved. Also, when I was eating lunch, our 13 gallon trash can started rocking back and forth by itself. All of these activities lasted just 2 or 3 seconds at a time. After a few days, this all stopped.

Fast forward a month or two to about two weeks ago. One night I'm downstairs and my wife is in bed. She comes down and says what's happening? I say nothing. She tells me that now not only is the tv shaking, but the bed is shaking too. It happened several times including the last time after I'd gone to bed when I experienced a one second version of it myself. I can probably think of reasons why the tv would shake, but my bed is the heaviest object in the room. If that shakes, then everything else should shake too, but besides the tv and bed, everything else was still. That was the last time for that, but over the next couple of weeks a few other strange things started happening. Like I was gently drying our refrigerator shelf with a paper towel and the whole thing suddenly shattered in a thousand pieces. Also, one night my wife had kind of a "flash" as she called it where she was hugging our daughter and crying, because I was no longer around.

Now we're in the present week. Three nights ago I woke from sleep with kind of a rushing sensation going through my head for about a second. As that feeling exited my head, my wife and I heard a crash downstairs, and some of our corningwear, a pie plate, some tupperware were scattered on the kitchen floor and the corningwear dish was broken. That was the first time I felt truly frightened. The next day I played a bunch of Christian music which is something I never do, hoping that would get rid of whatever it was. That night there was no activity. But last night I felt that rushing sensation in my head again but it was only about half as strong as before. I heard something rattling downstairs, but this time nothing fell over.

I might've thought I was having some kind of a breakdown except for the fact that my wife is witness to alot of this. As I said, I've never experienced anything like this before.

Anyway with all that said, my questions are:

1. What do you think is going on?
2. How do I stop it?

Thanks

I believe the answer might be a biblical one//

In that holy Book...this story... a man goes out on a mission for his dying Father, to reclaim some stuff from a old friend in the next town...and to get him a wife (with the daughter of the friend)
On his way he found a Guide who would take him to the destination.
The Guide told him to get a fish, and bring it, and take out its Stomic and liver..and end trails...and to bring them along.

The daughter had a curse upon her, and anyone who married her died.

When they arrived the Guide told him to burn the liver and stomic of the fish in her room...

This odour was said to dispell all evil spirits.

THey wed...and he did not die!

So...while the whales are beaching on many shores in the sun to dry out, and eventually burn in the heat....think about all the evil that could dispell from the world...if they were left to burn in the sun...eh?

But that is another Issue...

You could try it...no harm there?

It also says in the Holy Book...that once you remove one evil spirits there are 8 others worse than the first...who will enter...once you clean the house.

Be well
Be Good
God Bless.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:40 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,163,071 times
Quote:
No, I didn't feel coldness in the room. That hasn't happened at any point. I haven't seen anything or felt anything either. No one has died recently, either. I had a half brother who died in '02 at the age of 18 (meningitis). He was 19 years younger than me so we weren't particularly close. I don't know the previous occupants. The guy I bought it from never lived there. He just rented it out. I've lived there for 8 years and never had a problem until the Spring.

Honestly, I'm not interested in having a conversation with it so I'm not really interested in the medium option at this point. Maybe if it gets worse...

Also, I haven't given up on the idea that this is just some natural wierdness coupled with some Psychological stress.
Well, that's good there's no coldness. Honestly, if you have any belief in our Heavenly Father, just pray... ask Him to remove whatever is the cause of the disturbance in your home... ask Him to provide you and your family with Divine protection so that you may have your peace and calm back.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:53 PM

494 posts, read 890,604 times
OP: there is nothing supernatural. No spirits, ghosts, poltergeists, demons, angels, gods, etc. Look for another cause, many of which have been suggested in this thread. You'll find a logical reason for it that doesn't include anything malevolent or supernatural.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:09 AM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Whereas I believe there are spirits and energy beings, I do not think this is one (or more). Have a look back at your posts and each time, I think I am correct in saying, that you yourself are asleep or almost asleep when these things happen. If you are not asleep, was it at a time when you were troubled about some issue? What I suspect is that your mind is producing these effects without you taking control of it.

The point I am trying to make, is that you yourself may be the cause of this excessive energy and one avenue you could try is to try to get your own energy moving better around your body.

I know it sounds weird, but, hey, it might just work and it might improve your health too. I really do not know if you are an active person or not. If not, then try to get more exercise to release and balance some of the energy you are producing. If you are an active person already, it could be that the energy you do have is not balanced correctly and some kind of meridian stretches may help balance the distribution in your body. Examples of this would be something called the Makaho exercises (shiatsu) or even a salutation to the sun yoga exercise would probably help. These can both be gentle exercise and will help your energy distribution.

Maybe keep a diary each day for a while and try to pinpoint what common features are shared when this happens?

Another avenue you could try is some kind of guided meditation or quiet time which may help release in an ordered way - or at least narrow down the possibilities as to whether it is coming from you or not. If it is, then just moving house will not help. Keep us posted.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:15 AM

111 posts, read 265,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Whereas I believe there are spirits and energy beings, I do not think this is one (or more). Have a look back at your posts and each time, I think I am correct in saying, that you yourself are asleep or almost asleep when these things happen. If you are not asleep, was it at a time when you were troubled about some issue? What I suspect is that your mind is producing these effects without you taking control of it.

The point I am trying to make, is that you yourself may be the cause of this excessive energy and one avenue you could try is to try to get your own energy moving better around your body.

I know it sounds weird, but, hey, it might just work and it might improve your health too. I really do not know if you are an active person or not. If not, then try to get more exercise to release and balance some of the energy you are producing. If you are an active person already, it could be that the energy you do have is not balanced correctly and some kind of meridian stretches may help balance the distribution in your body. Examples of this would be something called the Makaho exercises (shiatsu) or even a salutation to the sun yoga exercise would probably help. These can both be gentle exercise and will help your energy distribution.

Maybe keep a diary each day for a while and try to pinpoint what common features are shared when this happens?

Another avenue you could try is some kind of guided meditation or quiet time which may help release in an ordered way - or at least narrow down the possibilities as to whether it is coming from you or not. If it is, then just moving house will not help. Keep us posted.

An interesting idea. Most of the incidences have been at night while in bed. The incident with the toothpaste and kitchen trash can were when I was up and about in the day, however. Still, I appreciate your post and what you say is definitely worth considering. Thanks.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:13 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
I believe the answer might be a biblical one//

In that holy Book...this story... a man goes out on a mission for his dying Father, to reclaim some stuff from a old friend in the next town...and to get him a wife (with the daughter of the friend)
On his way he found a Guide who would take him to the destination.
The Guide told him to get a fish, and bring it, and take out its Stomic and liver..and end trails...and to bring them along.

The daughter had a curse upon her, and anyone who married her died.

When they arrived the Guide told him to burn the liver and stomic of the fish in her room...

This odour was said to dispell all evil spirits.

THey wed...and he did not die!

So...while the whales are beaching on many shores in the sun to dry out, and eventually burn in the heat....think about all the evil that could dispell from the world...if they were left to burn in the sun...eh?

But that is another Issue...

You could try it...no harm there?

It also says in the Holy Book...that once you remove one evil spirits there are 8 others worse than the first...who will enter...once you clean the house.

Be well
Be Good
God Bless.
The holy book you are refering to is not the bible. This is not a biblical story.

The bible does not refer to burning entrails. This is a demonic practice.

The bible does refer to 7 demons returning with a demon cast out to possess a man. But this only occurs if the man dose not have the spirit of God living in him. Which is a warning about casting demons out of someone who does not want them cast out. This does not refer to removing spirits from a house however.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:29 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,456 times
Quote:
I've experienced some strange supernatural activity lately for the first time in my 45 years of life. I'll give you the Cliff Notes version:

A few months ago at about 3 am, my wife and i were awoken by our tv shaking on top of the dresser when nothing else was shaking in the room. We live in Colorado, so no earthquakes. It happened a few more times over the next 2 or 3 days. Over that same time period, when I was brushing my teeth my toothpaste tube started shaking on the bathroom counter when nothing else on the counter moved. Also, when I was eating lunch, our 13 gallon trash can started rocking back and forth by itself. All of these activities lasted just 2 or 3 seconds at a time. After a few days, this all stopped.

Fast forward a month or two to about two weeks ago. One night I'm downstairs and my wife is in bed. She comes down and says what's happening? I say nothing. She tells me that now not only is the tv shaking, but the bed is shaking too. It happened several times including the last time after I'd gone to bed when I experienced a one second version of it myself. I can probably think of reasons why the tv would shake, but my bed is the heaviest object in the room. If that shakes, then everything else should shake too, but besides the tv and bed, everything else was still. That was the last time for that, but over the next couple of weeks a few other strange things started happening. Like I was gently drying our refrigerator shelf with a paper towel and the whole thing suddenly shattered in a thousand pieces. Also, one night my wife had kind of a "flash" as she called it where she was hugging our daughter and crying, because I was no longer around.

Now we're in the present week. Three nights ago I woke from sleep with kind of a rushing sensation going through my head for about a second. As that feeling exited my head, my wife and I heard a crash downstairs, and some of our corningwear, a pie plate, some tupperware were scattered on the kitchen floor and the corningwear dish was broken. That was the first time I felt truly frightened. The next day I played a bunch of Christian music which is something I never do, hoping that would get rid of whatever it was. That night there was no activity. But last night I felt that rushing sensation in my head again but it was only about half as strong as before. I heard something rattling downstairs, but this time nothing fell over.

I might've thought I was having some kind of a breakdown except for the fact that my wife is witness to alot of this. As I said, I've never experienced anything like this before.

Anyway with all that said, my questions are:

1. What do you think is going on?
2. How do I stop it?

Thanks
gdcon, you are experiencing minor demonic activity.

Demons normally do not bother people who are not Christian or who are not involved in the spirit world. Why would they bother since that individual is already going to hell.

Demons enter into homes through spiritual doors. These can be the physical door to the house if you let them, but they can also use non physical openings. Demons are accually fallen angels. And all demons accually pride themselves on is following rules. The were servants to God in the beginning and they no longer follow God, but will follow authority. Becuase of this Demons cannot enter your home unless you allow them. They can however enter your home through deceptive means. For example a person involved in the occult will put markings/symbols associated with a perticular demon on an object. When you bring that object into your home then you have allowed that perticular demon to enter.

There are many other type doors that demons can use and a complete list would be quite exahausting.

The rule of thumb is to check what recently happened, changed during the time that these strange happenings began. Maybe you purchase something or went somewhere unusual.

In any case, there are many ways to remove these from happening. The first is by prayer. The house can be anointed with oil (a little oil on the finger tip applied to door and window stiles and heads). If you know any Christains, ask them to pray at your home. Many devoted Christians are open to the Holy Spirit and he can tell you the best method of removing unwanted demons.

I have had several issues with demons and have had them all removed.

I know demonic activity too. My extended family has gotten into "playing" with the demonic. They ask demons to hold objects to walls and the objects stay on the walls defying gravity. One boy my cousin was watching attached about 100 lego to the wall. When my cousin told him to stop, the boy gave a word and all of the lego fell to the floor.

Another friend of mine used to have a Grandfather spirit (just a demon that he called grandfather, but was not his grandfather) which he used to go and hurt other children, like break their arm. He could also command the grandfather spirit to move objects for him like spin plates, etc.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:19 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
The holy book you are refering to is not the bible. This is not a biblical story.

The bible does not refer to burning entrails. This is a demonic practice.

The bible does refer to 7 demons returning with a demon cast out to possess a man. But this only occurs if the man dose not have the spirit of God living in him. Which is a warning about casting demons out of someone who does not want them cast out. This does not refer to removing spirits from a house however.
The book of Tobid 4:1 *8:1* sorry the fish liver and heart is used.

My mistake...?

Before You correct me about demons and casting em out, and my Bible....you should read your bible completely and remember it more percisely....as should I...

Jesus did cast out demons...and the subjects were not in any capcity to offer any submission or choice of the exorcism.

And it does say in the Bible...that once one cleans the house of a demon spirit, that 8 more will come worst than the first.

I believe Jesus was talking about his fathers house...the temple.

And look now...we have word that pedophiles, gays and Lesbians,sexually lude (beastiality),murderers, rapists, criminals and the liar.. and others who serve them or support them are now in the churches as Senior officals, pasters, priests, bishops,clergy...in some instances...and attendees...

As Jesus said they would be...and now they are!...either in spirit, or the flesh!

The book of Tobid is in the "new King James revised standard version with APOCry/DEUTerO books...that is the Holy Bible....right?
and some of the other books removed such as the book of Solomon, Enoch...and others....they are all part of the Holy Bible...if they pertain to God, the Angels, and or the demonica....for they are all part of the Book of life...and death is part of that too because of sin.........for now....it is also said that sin begets death....so we are dying because of Sin....

Jesus said Do no more sin and be forgiven.

That is the message few seem to follow!.

Last edited by Sir Les; 07-27-2010 at 10:10 AM..

Old 07-27-2010, 09:47 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
I think alot of you folk are missing the basic connection that the OP made. As soon as he played the Christian music, it all STOPPED! HELLO! Is that not telling you something?! The power of Christ?! Goodness gracious! You may not be religious but if you want to get rid of this obvious spirit in your home, pray to God that they leave your house and ask him to bless and sanctify it! It's as simple as that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal