Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 11:54 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,806,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
This guy should do something with his hair.

Actually science doesn't know yet they still hold on to all these laughable theories that they can't prove going by their own scientific method.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 04:19 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,987,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacci Balls View Post
Just because our scientists haven't discovered electromagnetic signatures yet (i.e., radio waves) out there does not mean that other intelligent life does not exist. It's just plain arrogant to think that only our planet can have intelligent life on it. More so since we have stepped foot on exactly zero other worlds. If/when we find evidence of past microbial life on Mars then, that being the 2nd world in our own solar system to have/had conditions to sustain life then one would have to deduce that life is a common process throughout the universe.

By the way, any other intelligent species out there is likely to be millions to a few billion years ahead of us in technology (assuming they have a similar evolution pattern as us and given the age difference between systems). Do you think we'll be using technology that will be producing electromagnetic disturbance signatures in 1,000 years from now let alone a million? Everything will be quantum at a minimum by that time.
I agree with you. Just the fact that so many have seen craft, and considering how many abductees there were, tends to support the idea that they exist. I just don't believe that so many can be delusional.

I also think there are probably various planes of existence/consciousness in which these being exist.

People, including myself, have experienced the unexplained.
It is easier for me to think there is a rational, scientific, explanation for this than religious hocus-pocus and I certainly do not believe that our current level of scientific knowledge has unlocked all the secrets of the universe. To me it just makes more sense to believe aliens exist.

Last edited by goldengrain; 11-15-2012 at 04:56 PM..

Old 11-15-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
did you guys forget that the earth being round was a conspiracy theory as well?
Yes, as well as the idea that man could fly.
And there was a time in which it was thought that a human could not survive intact from an auto ride over five miles per hour.
There was a time in which moving and talking pictures was a pipe dream, also talking long distance, and then, talking long distance without wires.
How about taking pictures of the human skeleton without opening the body?

Old 11-15-2012, 09:59 PM

7,201 posts, read 15,012,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Actually science doesn't know yet they still hold on to all these laughable theories that they can't prove going by their own scientific method.
That's all they are - theories. My husband and I watch it for the entertainment value. Somewhere in time we'll know for sure if this planet was seeded or not, or visited by aliens. We both find it hard to believe we're the only intelligent life in such a huge universe. But whether aliens have ever visited us has never been proven or disproved.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:45 PM

8,579 posts, read 11,003,462 times
I only watched for a short time, and came away learning nothing but the fact, what they are producing is theory only.
I can't state one way or another if aliens exist, but as for how man started here on this planet, I offer the link below.
Again I find myself going back to the source for my answers, and if you click the link below, scroll down to page 76.
Read pages 76 through 78.
Under "peopling the earth" , there is some interesting information regarding some of the theory portrayed in the show, but this is not theory, but rather being told directly from the spirits themselves.

http://www.geae.inf.br/en/books/codification/sb.pdf
Bob.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:12 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,633,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Yes, as well as the idea that man could fly.
And there was a time in which it was thought that a human could not survive intact from an auto ride over five miles per hour.
There was a time in which moving and talking pictures was a pipe dream, also talking long distance, and then, talking long distance without wires.
How about taking pictures of the human skeleton without opening the body?

Or landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to earth.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:14 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,194,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacci Balls View Post
Just because our scientists haven't discovered electromagnetic signatures yet (i.e., radio waves) out there does not mean that other intelligent life does not exist. It's just plain arrogant to think that only our planet can have intelligent life on it. More so since we have stepped foot on exactly zero other worlds. If/when we find evidence of past microbial life on Mars then, that being the 2nd world in our own solar system to have/had conditions to sustain life then one would have to deduce that life is a common process throughout the universe.

By the way, any other intelligent species out there is likely to be millions to a few billion years ahead of us in technology (assuming they have a similar evolution pattern as us and given the age difference between systems). Do you think we'll be using technology that will be producing electromagnetic disturbance signatures in 1,000 years from now let alone a million? Everything will be quantum at a minimum by that time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I agree with you.
That would be part of the extreme ethnocentricity and imposition of ideas I mentioned.

It is folly to assume that every habitable environment is identical to Earth, down to the atmosphere. The ionosphere hampers radio communications on Earth in the AM band and to a lesser extent in the FM band. There is no ionosphere really; it's just a part of the stratosphere and the mesosphere -- a region in the upper atmosphere where heavily ionized particles exist.

It is certainly plausible that on other habitable planets, the atmosphere is so heavily ionized that AM/FM/UHF/VHF bands cannot be used.

If that were true, would you detect radio waves? No.

It's possible they communicate using light waves, or some other spectrum of the electromagnetic band that we are not searching.

It is also entirely within the realm of possibility, that they did use some form of radio wave communication, but developed other better means of communication later, meaning they stopped using radio waves 1,000 years ago, or 10,000 years ago or 100,000 years ago.

Again, if true, would you detect radio waves? No.

If we can't detect radio waves that is proof there is no life out there.

Wrong, not detecting radio waves is proof that you haven't detected radio waves and nothing more.

Evidently...

Mircea

Old 11-18-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That would be part of the extreme ethnocentricity and imposition of ideas I mentioned.

It is folly to assume that every habitable environment is identical to Earth, down to the atmosphere. The ionosphere hampers radio communications on Earth in the AM band and to a lesser extent in the FM band. There is no ionosphere really; it's just a part of the stratosphere and the mesosphere -- a region in the upper atmosphere where heavily ionized particles exist.

It is certainly plausible that on other habitable planets, the atmosphere is so heavily ionized that AM/FM/UHF/VHF bands cannot be used.

If that were true, would you detect radio waves? No.

It's possible they communicate using light waves, or some other spectrum of the electromagnetic band that we are not searching.

It is also entirely within the realm of possibility, that they did use some form of radio wave communication, but developed other better means of communication later, meaning they stopped using radio waves 1,000 years ago, or 10,000 years ago or 100,000 years ago.

Again, if true, would you detect radio waves? No.

If we can't detect radio waves that is proof there is no life out there.

Wrong, not detecting radio waves is proof that you haven't detected radio waves and nothing more.

Evidently...

Mircea
Well, some people who claim to have been contacted say they communicate by thought. We don't even recognize, scientifically, how that could be possible, so it's impossible that we could be looking for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal