Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 08:22 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,321,588 times

Advertisements

I've had some weird things happen ever since my Grandpa passed away. One was at his house, my mom, uncle and grandma were sitting in the living room, talking etc. when the ceiling light turned brighter. My uncle reacted by saying "it's daddy?" And I thought it was my grandpa trying to turn the light brighter. About a year later, I had two dreams I was talking to him in a dark room. My Grandpa just sits there looking at me, smiling and nodding his head, but doesn't say anything. A few months after that, at my old apartment, my bedroom door opened and closed by itself. I remember I was watching TV and I saw my door opening thinking it was my mom. I got up and I looked at the door, didn't see anything, looked down thinking it was my dog and didn't see my dog. Then a second later, my door closed by itself. I got up, opened the door and the door was fully shut, but it shut by itself. And then I went downstairs to ask if my mom had opened my door, she said no. So, I don't know who or what opened and closed my door.

When my mom and I fixed up our Grandparents house to move into it last year. Things would go missing, misplaced, etc. My mom would report seeing shadows in the house, especially at nighttime. I would get a creeped out feeling at around 9 PM and later, the hairs on my body would stand up and I just didn't like being at the house late at night. Well, we finally moved into the house last June and I never felt anything for the first few months of living there. I felt completely fine. It around August and September when I began to feel something in the house again, it was worse at nighttime especially at 10 PM and later. But this time, I didn't feel as creeped out, I felt more at ease about it I guess. It felt kind of good having him be there but creepy at the same time too.

But one day around early October, my mom and I were in the kitchen when we heard our dog barking in the back of the house, in my Grandpa's old bedroom (and the room he passed away in). We went back there and saw my dog looking up at something and barking like crazy. So, we called our dog, he came up to us wagging his tail like he was trying to tell us something. And this same thing happened again a couple months later, except this time I was home alone. I had just gotten out of the shower, getting ready for bed when I heard my dog barking in the living room. I peeked out and saw him barking at the couch. I called my dog, and he had the same tail wagging and trying to tell me something look on his face. I just thought it was my Grandpa, but I felt extremely creeped out. I felt scared.

The feeling of his presence continued on up until nearly Christmas time. My mom and I had gone out of town to see my Grandma. I noticed my Grandma kept pointing and saying "Arthur(my grandpa) is right there". On the day my Grandma passed, my mom and I had taken her out for a walk in her wheelchair and my Grandma was looking up and ahead and saying "oh, look how pretty that is." Then an hour later, she dropped out of her wheelchair with foam coming out of her mouth and died right then. It was unbelievable and totally unexpected.

My mom and I came back and had her funeral. But the thing different now is I don't feel my Grandpa's spirit anymore. I feel nothing of him now in the house. It's like night and day. Nothing weird has happened, no barking from dog, no creepy feeling, nothing.

Now that I think about it, my Grandpa may have been trying to warn about my Grandma's coming death. And he was here on Earth waiting for my Grandma to pass away so they could go to Heaven together. Maybe?

What do you think?

Last edited by 90sman; 05-13-2011 at 08:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 04:13 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,681,732 times
There are no such things as spirits or ghosts. The human mind is very adept at making things up, and "seeing" things that don't exist. Whatever you think you experienced was either some natural occurrence that you chose to misinterpret as a result of your loss, or you were imagining it entirely.

Sorry, dead people are just dead. Nothing from them lives on, here or anywhere else.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:27 PM

460 posts, read 593,012 times
Mercury expresses her opinion as fact, and that is her right to do so.

However, as one who has seen ghosts all his life, coming from a family that also have dealt with ghosts and spirits, what you and your family experienced have value within your own lives.

There is much more about ourselves and our existence than just a human body occupying space and a brain that creates an entire universe. We are truly a multiverse creature.

Scientists are coming to an understanding of time itself. The current philosophy is that time is not the fourth dimension. Time is not necessarily lateral, that is, flowing from one direction to another (i.e., past to present).

I feel that there are such things as time loops. Your grandfather was existing within his own time frame (or loop) as well as in your time loop, which included his period of death.

There is also existence in remembrance. While some people would love to destroy hope and love regarding loved one's both past and present (I would also include future, as I have had an experience there, too) by simply stating the belief (as if it were fact) that the dead are dead, I feel that it is equally important to hold onto that belief that the dead live on in us through memory. After all, an ancient Jewish belief was that people lived on as memories of God, and if they felt that way, there must have been a corresponding belief that such happens in the material world as well. Then, too, we have many so-called primitive tribes who live with their ancestors, sleeping on their skulls as pillows, burying them under their huts, and even eating a portion of their dead flesh to keep them alive.

Modern thought is not necessarily true thought just because it is modern.

Last word: for you and your peace of mind, your grandparents have transitioned from this "living" hell to something else. We should be happy for that fact.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:57 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
In a sense, the dead do live live on in us through our memories of them. But that's the only way they live on. Mercury Cougar is right. The rest is simply fanciful fiction.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:18 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
That's exactly what it sounds like to me--that your grandpa was around waiting for your grandma to cross over. There's nothing to be afraid of. Spirits are just like humans (because they are humans that crossed over). Usually they are well-intentioned and they may frighten you trying to get your attention. Sometimes if they did a lot of malicious things in life, they will be dark and try to frighten you on purpose, but even in that case they don't have much power. Love is much more powerful than fear and you can drive them away by saying a simple prayer of protection, love, and light. If prayer doesn't fly with you, you can even just put on some beautiful music, which vibrates at a high frequency energetically, and will naturally drive away any lower frequencies including malicious spirits.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:22 PM

176 posts, read 288,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
There are no such things as spirits or ghosts. The human mind is very adept at making things up, and "seeing" things that don't exist. Whatever you think you experienced was either some natural occurrence that you chose to misinterpret as a result of your loss, or you were imagining it entirely.

Sorry, dead people are just dead. Nothing from them lives on, here or anywhere else.
Exactly.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:35 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post

I agree completely. It's amazing what the human mind conjures up and then believes is 'real'.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:03 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post

What do you think?
LOL...another one bit the dust!

Old 05-15-2011, 03:33 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,321,588 times
nimchimpsky- Thank you for understanding my viewpoint.

And for the rest of you, I do believe in ghosts, spirits and in the afterlife. You saying we die, then we're buried in the Earth eaten by bugs isn't going to deter me from believing in it.

Weird things have happened to me physically before and after loved ones have died. The first was about 10 years ago just two weeks before one of my mom's friends passed away. My heart would start pounding and beating real fast at unexpected times, this would happen more whenever I would be around her friend. This heart pounding thing stopped exactly two weeks after he passed. I do have some physic ability, though it is stronger and weaker at times. I remember when I was about 5 or 6 years old, for about 4 months there, I would wake up at around 2 or 3 in the morning and hear a voice talking to me. And this wasn't my imagination, I really did hear what sounded like a man's voice talking to me, he would just give me advice and ask me how school was, etc. Then he would tell me, "go back to sleep, it's late." I wouldn't hear from him anymore after that.

Many people I know have had experiences with spirits or have seen and felt them. No, they're not your weird wacky "physic" people.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:13 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,681,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallisdj View Post
Mercury expresses her opinion as fact, and that is her right to do so.
Show me testable, repeatable scientific evidence that ghosts or anything supernatural is real, and I'll immediately change my position. Unlike the religious, who despite being shown repeatedly that their delusional beliefs are incorrect, are not capable or willing to change their mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal