Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 10:56 PM

24,130 posts, read 32,536,012 times

Advertisements

This question is directed to people in the paranormal, astrological, divination and spiritual community. If you are a skeptic, I already know what you think.

I believe they can. In several ways. I do not think that an actual "spell" needs to be preformed, although it may be.

I think a curse can be the result of wishing evil on another, or even praying to God for something that the person does not want.
For example, praying that a couple gets divorced because YOU do not like one of the partners.

I think for curses to work, the cursed party does not need to know it's happening, or believe in it.

Just as I believe that ghosts exist, no amount of disbelief will make them go away.

I am hoping that some people on this forum who are open to the spiritual, have some opinions and experience with this. I'm also aware that some people who generally embrace the supernatural, may think that this is a bit "far out." I don't. I'm almost possitive that I have seen it happen!

Just want to say that I have Pagan and Wiccan friends and they do not hex or curse anyone.

I think one who is intent on causing spiritual harm to another, can use many tools from different practices, to do this. Including Judeo-Chrristian prayer.

I'd also like to know, from those of you who believe that this is possible, how you think it "works" I have a few ideas that I will share later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 03:41 AM

2,245 posts, read 4,236,180 times
I've been praying for a certain person to simply stop attending a local club I'm a member of -- no success thus far, but I've only been at it about a week and i've only been throwing it in that the very end of nightly prayers.

My mother uses prayers to make things happen for her but I have no idea what's her secret to success.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:15 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,681,619 times
I think bad stuff is self inflicted, wether the person realizes it or not.
If curses are possible, I think it takes a very strong minded person to make that happen. But I don't think it's all that easy, thus very rare that any are actually real.
If it were possible, as much as I may like to 'get even' with some people, I would not do it. It takes me away from my positive efforts and good feelings, not to mention the karmic repercussions.
Now this does not mean that we can't passively 'create' some discomfort towards another....sorta.
I have often witnessed a 'bad thing' happen to someone when they did something to me, and all I ever say is 'Karma will take care of it'....and sure enough, something happens....but in a matter that they set themselves up for.
Say like this person always spends Wednesday night at the bar and usually drives home without any police trouble....after doing me wrong and my call-out to karma- one wednesday they might get pulled over and get a DUI.
It's hard to determine really if it's coincidence and it was just a matter of time before the guy gets a DUI, but usually things happen rather quickly....
Hard to say if it's connected, but sure appears to be.
Not everyone gets the 'karma will get them' out of me, only those who have seriously disrespected me and my family.

Now there are the 'curse & hexes' that people get told they have by scam psychics/spiritual advisors.
It's a scam, but often people begin to believe it. They doubt the reader but think about it and say 'but what if it's true' that worry then creates events that support the idea of a curse.

Last edited by OwlKaMyst; 04-20-2012 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 04-20-2012, 09:28 AM

I am not talking about the "curses" that some side of the road or store front psychic puts on a vulnerable person to extort money out of them.

And I am not advising that people do this - at all! I agree that the Karmic repercussions of doing ANYTHING that messes with the free will of another, are heavy.

I also agree that I have witnessed times when Karma has taken care of an individual, and yes, they were people who "had set themselves up" - they had "enough rope" and eventually hung themselves - metaphorically speaking, with no help from me.

The situation just played itself out, and eventually, what they had done to me, they did in some premutation; to the "wrong person", on a grander scale, or to the Authorities, and BAM...well that was over.

But no, I'm referring to the phenomena of wishing someone ill in one way or another, and having it come to pass.

Last edited by sheena12; 04-20-2012 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: misspelled.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:35 AM

22,618 posts, read 47,750,325 times
IMHO, some people THINK they are cursed, causing their judgement or whatever to lapse, thus bringing perceived "bad things" to themselves.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:42 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,228,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
IMHO, some people THINK they are cursed, causing their judgement or whatever to lapse, thus bringing perceived "bad things" to themselves.
I agree.

The power of suggestion is very strong.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
I've been praying for a certain person to simply stop attending a local club I'm a member of -- no success thus far, but I've only been at it about a week and i've only been throwing it in that the very end of nightly prayers.

My mother uses prayers to make things happen for her but I have no idea what's her secret to success.
^ THIS. OK Visit a Library (I love your name BTW ) that in praying that another person does not go to a chub that you frequent, you are attempting to interfere with their free will.

I am not judging you and I am sure that you did not mean any serious harm, you just wanted to enjoy your club, minus this person, for what ever reason.

But in so doing, you are interfering with that persons free will. I personally wouldn't do that, because of the Karma involved.

I am curious to know, what sorts of prayers does your mother say? What "results" she has had.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:05 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,995,889 times
I think there are people who wish negativity on others, but I don't believe that anyone has the power to hex anyone but themselves.

Good and bad things happen to all people - that's the true meaning of the word KARMA.

Life is self determined.....if you think someone has put a hex/curse on you, then you create that reality.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:05 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,681,619 times
"I am not talking about the "curses" that some side of the road or store front psychic puts on a vulnerable person to extort money out of them."

I knew that..
..but for the sake of the dissection of curses and hexes, all kinds had to be mentioned.
Especially since how those 'curses' 'work' - is pretty much how most 'curses' work....it's created and fueled by the 'cursed' individual....like was said 'power of suggestion'.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:18 AM

398 posts, read 699,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I agree.

The power of suggestion is very strong.
I also agree -- I think this is an important part of the whole effect. However, it may not be all. In addition to the placebo effect or power of suggestion, I believe that as the person cursing/hexing, YOU would also have to believe in your curse, as much as one can believe in something. You must know for a fact that the curse will be effective before and while you are throwing it. This would be extremely difficult to accomplish for skeptics and even for the religious who do not believe that they should be doing such things.

I'm still working on things like this, but I know that something, which is to me indescribable, changes in the physical or the unconscious mind that produces a blatant effect on another person or thing (who is either cursed or blessed, what have you). So I don't believe that the aspects mentioned above, although very real and very significant, are the whole of the matter and there may be "forces" also at work, for lack of better word. This may sound all woo-woo to lots of us, but I think many people notice phenomena like this and it really isn't nearly as wild as some might think; it's a great (depending on your ethics, I guess!) skill to have and is usually not recognizable as extra-ordinary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal