Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 06:25 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Could someone explain a bit more about mirrors being portals?
There are lots of tales about mirrors, far too many to ignore I think, however, maybe they are like I suggested - a doorway FOR THE MIND, and not a physical doorway. That would make sense given the number of people who have seen images of other places or people in their mirrors.

Now, where there is a portal for the mind, there is also a possibility that our reality (whatever that is) can be influenced as well, so it may be possible for beings from other dimensions to come into ours through these. We just dont know. We dont know how to measure this stuff, we dont know how to use this stuff, we dont know anything about the paranormal other that what we experience through our senses. Some old occult teachings do use mirrors as portals to other dimensions I believe, but usually they involve dark and more negative places. I am not sure I have heard of any going into wonderful 'heaven-like' places which would be far more interesting and would make everyone want to visit. There are various rituals which it is said, can seal a mirror so if you are bothered and feel that yours may be some kind of portal for your mind, then one of those rituals might be the way to go. Maybe even get a priest to bless it if religion is your thing.

I firmly believe that our mind is far more powerful than we can ever fathom, and I also believe that untrained minds can be off doing stuff which is not always to our benefit. If those beliefs have any validity, it would allow other beings to use our mirrors (and other things too) as portals to this world due to our minds being 'loose canons' and not being used exclusively how we will it.

Occult societies place a lot of weight on training the mind and will to be doing what we want and not to be like a driverless car, so I reckon there is something to all this.

Oh... one other thing, you dont see that many mirrors in churches, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 03:53 AM

113 posts, read 216,785 times
interesting information, ocpaul. My story seems in line with many of the other posts.

I was a teen and lived in a beautiful big house with a loving family. So many odd things happened in that house. We would hear glass break in the middle of the night. The aroma of coffee or toast in the morning before anyone got up. Side shadows galore by all of our large family. Lights being flicked off in other rooms that we intentionally leave on from fear. lol. It was pretty strange, but we had only lived there a short while, several other relatives had owned the house previously.

We were all quite aware of the strange happenings. They seemed to be more interested in my bedroom. lucky me! I had a big mirror from an old dresser in my room. After feeling like someone watching me constantly, I positioned the mirror in front of the big window, which led out to a meadow. One night I couldn't sleep. I kept hearing things on the window like pebbles hitting glass. Long story short, after half the night waking parents, etc... the mirror literally lifted up and rocked back and forth. I ran to my parents room again. They made me go back to bed. Then my parents apparently looked outside their windows which they could see mine from their room. I heard them say they saw a strange character outside my room tossing up rocks to the window. I leapt down the hall to their room.

Police came, didn't find anyone. End of story. We sold the house soon after. I left a LOT of crazy details out to keep this focused on mirrors. I just read this thread tonight and never knew mirrors held this mystique, but even as a teen I never looked at that mirror at night. It's almost like this spirit was trying to get me to look at the mirror.

Last edited by catharsis; 08-13-2013 at 03:56 AM.. Reason: clarified how parents saw my window from their room

Old 09-07-2013, 08:33 PM

112 posts, read 177,433 times
Some can be but not every mirror, I have come to believe, can do that little "transportstion trick" or anything else "magical".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal