Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 08:40 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times

Advertisements

[quote=CSD610;26152715]My only fear is this (dead) girl could interpret this act as an invitation to our home – which we don’t want!

THIS is from the original post by the original poster, no one hear scared him, he was already scared when he posted. This is not some set up television program to be played with or turned off when the lights go down, the camera goes off and everyone on the set goes home.

Your belief is your belief however, those of us who know different appreciate it very much if you don't bash our beliefs.[/quote]

you don't know different--you may think different. No one knows anything for sure about the after life.
I wasn't and never do BASH anyone's beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 10:54 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
[quote=PippySkiddles;26152811]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
My only fear is this (dead) girl could interpret this act as an invitation to our home – which we don’t want!

THIS is from the original post by the original poster, no one hear scared him, he was already scared when he posted. This is not some set up television program to be played with or turned off when the lights go down, the camera goes off and everyone on the set goes home.

Your belief is your belief however, those of us who know different appreciate it very much if you don't bash our beliefs.[/quote]

you don't know different--you may think different. No one knows anything for sure about the after life.
I wasn't and never do BASH anyone's beliefs.

Okay, yup, whatever you say, you know all about me and my life better than I do. I wish you many blessings and all you deserve in your lifetime.

Old 09-19-2012, 02:52 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610
My only fear is this (dead) girl could interpret this act as an invitation to our home – which we don’t want!
I have heard that people who die in thier houses,DO NOT LEAVE... Either by choice or otherwise..... She might be there already with you guys...

Old 09-19-2012, 04:19 AM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I did'nt read all the posts so have no idea who instilled a fear of something evil into you. Pity that happened. How someone could turn a compassionate and loving intent into something scary and ominous is ridiculous.

If visiting anyone's grave invites evil spirits into our lives() then we better-none of us--ever go to a cemetary again.
Pippy, I did not mean to instil fear into anyone. The original poster did not want a Ghost in his/her house, has daughters and lives in a house where a child that age passed.

The law of Attraction is already at work. These people have girls the same age and they own this house.
Now the homeowner is doing research, OK. Research is interesting. But getting personally involved?

There are graves all over the place with no one to rend them. Why is it incumbent on these people to be involved with this dead child? There are countless dead people who have moved on, from the grave to the light. I'm just not sure this person has,

The safe thing? Leave it alone. When it stars being emotional there is a line that has been crossed.
Sure nothing could happen, But I cant promise that.

Old 09-19-2012, 04:43 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbear182 View Post
About a year ago, I was accessing local archived newspapers through the local library website. Just out of curiosity I entered my home address in the search box to see what would come up. The only interesting search result was a death announcement of a 9 year old female resident. She died in the house in 1929. She died of an unspecified illness. My wife and I have two daughters (one of which was 9 at the time of the discovery) have never had any paranormal experiences in the house. Neither daughter is aware of the death.

I contacted the cemetery that was listed in death announcement to see if they had any record of her grave. They do, and provided me with the location of the grave (it’s a huge cemetery). My wife and I were thinking about “adopting” the grave – plant some flowers and general maintenance etc. My only fear is this (dead) girl could interpret this act as an invitation to our home – which we don’t want! We love our home and like to think that previous owners loved the home as well. Should we go ahead with our plan or just leave well enough alone? Please share your thoughts.
The dead have buried the dead. Leave things alone, and tend to what is in your life now

Old 09-19-2012, 07:50 AM

659 posts, read 1,014,910 times
The former owner of my house hung himself in the back shed. I was creeped out at first, I mean who wouldn't be? But I have felt nothing but warmth in that house as everyone else who enters it. Two neighbors came by and told me he was the protector of the neighborhood and of people. They said it was so sad, his doctor changed his meds and he hung himself.

The house was super clean, upgraded top notch but I did change the paint and carpet which upset the neighbors because the guy was an artist and felt all the stuff he did to the house should stay, but I hated it, so I did feel a little weird about it, but it is MY house now.

I have 2 dogs and a cat and they seem so happy there, my family. There are no evil ghosts. If there are spirits, he is apparently a gentle one and protecting us like my neighbors stated. I will never move from this house, I love it so much, it's so nice, warm and homey.

Someone did offer to buy the shed which was a neighbour who was there that day when they found him, didn't seem to bother them either, but I decided to keep the shed and using it now. No weird feelings in there either.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:02 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I have heard that people who die in thier houses,DO NOT LEAVE... Either by choice or otherwise..... She might be there already with you guys...

My quote was copied from the original post, this is not my thread I was merely responding to jbear who is the original poster. Thank you for your input

Old 09-20-2012, 12:04 AM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
In a lot of ways, you are right. I've heard of others who researched the nastiness in their trees.

I've been blessed by my parents raising me, who were were raised by their parents, who were raised by theirs -- and in our family, this didn't happen. None of my grandparents were raised with the spare the rod spoil the child mentality, and they didn't raise their kids that way, and so we weren't either.

And I've witnessed my grandmother get teary eyed over her 2 year old son who died because there was no antiboitics and his bad cold went into pneumonia. She also refused to let my mother witness animals being slaughtered for food, as she felt my mother was too young and it would affect her. I've seen My great aunt (grandma's sister) cry for her daughter who died of tuberculosis.

As for my mother? Any childhood disease we were put into a darkened room and not allowed TV, with socks over our hands, because she couldn't keep the childhood diseases straight, so she did it all for everything. So she read to us and sang to us and entertained us for hours, so we wouldn't be bored.

Lots of warmth in my family, so what you're talking about is never the first thing I'd think of...
I didn't mean to insinuate that this happened in my family. The Aunt who I never met who was ten years older than my mom was pampered and long awaited. There are eight years between Adeline and Charlie my uncle who was older. They worshiped her.

However, there were kids who did die this way. By accident after "discipline". I actually learned this in a History of Family Systems class. And those most likely to get away with it were the wealthy and connected were seldom questioned about a child who fell ill.

There were no antibiotics then and a ruptured appendix could and mostly was, deadly.

And I just have this feeling...

Old 09-23-2012, 03:21 PM

12,775 posts, read 14,987,827 times
If I found out a little girl died in my house 80 years ago, I would not open any can of worms pursuing anything with this at all. Who cares. A lot of people have passed away, so why am I going to focus on that? Yes, leave it alone & find something fun & a lot more constructive to do with your time.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:19 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
I wouldn't worry about it. My MIL and FIL died in their home. A couple of great grandparents did too. They were laid out in the living room. That's what people used to do. I just don't see it as a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal