Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 09:48 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,034,272 times

Advertisements

The only spirits that cause mischief between those hours come in bottles .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 09:49 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,034,272 times
Tell your stepmother to quit it, you need to get some shut-eye lol.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:52 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,151,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Tell your stepmother to quit it, you need to get some shut-eye lol.
What if she doesn't listen?

Yeah, I used to have a similar problem when I was younger but not that early. I recall waking up at 5:30 or 6:00 daily for a couple of years when my age was in single digits. I could never fall back asleep. What?

Old 10-09-2012, 12:45 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,247,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
I also wake up around 4 am everyday for the last 11 years or so, can't get back to sleep and I take Ambien. Depression since my mom died 4 years ago and the first few months after she died were filled with nighttime anxiety attacks that were grief fueled. I used to hear her calling for me to help her and I owuld search my house for her and could not find her, and my husband would have to calm me down. It was bad. I took Xanax for a few months and thankfully they stopped and I haven't taken it since.

I am sorry for your loss. It is still very hard for me to have her gone even though it has been 4 years.
I did the EXACT same thing when my mom died for 6 months. I was squelching the grief and burying it deep, and it had to get out somehow. I would dream of her calling to me -- not like she was in danger, just calling me to come to her, like normal -- but I couldn't find her, or get to her if I knew where she was.

The morning it did, after the worst of the dreams where the whole house was crumbling so I couldn't get to her, I was woke up hysterical, broke down and just sobbed and sobbed. Scared hubby to bits.... he thought I had lost it for real.

But letting it out was the best thing. The next dream was of me telling people the funny things she did, and laughing... I knew was I was going to be fine.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:36 AM

261 posts, read 497,135 times
I've been waking up in the middle of the night. Unemployed right now, so no big issue. I'm usually the one who's in bed by 10 and up no later than 6. But thankfully I have city data forums to make alone time more enjoyable. I guess in my case it is due to stress.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:50 PM

165 posts, read 430,729 times
I sometimes get up around 3-4 a.m., but I enjoy that time since I don't have to hear the phone ring, no one to bother me, nothing on tv yet, quiet outside - peaceful - listen to birds and see the sunrise. It is a good time to do things around house - or read a book - then by breakfast you feel so good that you already accomplished something. Only downside is I'll crash out early that night to make up for it.

Angelic experiences are how your brain copes with a situation - actually very comforting - possibly stemming from your particular religious beliefs/cultural background and upbringing. I'm Irish Catholic and guardian angels/angelic experiences were part of my upbringing so at a time of crisis - it is normal to have that sort of experience.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,594 times
My first time waking up in a very early time was at 2:36.I checked the time and I think I oversleep that night but im only 10 that happened 4 years ago when I was 6.My mom noticed and hear a very strange sound in my bed room.She was sleeping in the couch that night because my dad was always snoring lol and she just moved to the couch.I mean its just scary sleeping in a very dark room by your self.Belive me or not.I better not wake up tonight in a very early time now just like 5:00 or 4:00 I have 3:00s and 2:00 maybe god is waking me up and im having a conversation with him while im awake

Old 02-22-2014, 09:02 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
I woke for years at 5am to get ready for work. I retired 14 years ago. But to this day I still awake and go to bathroom at 5:00am .But then I go back to bed and sleep.It took about five years to be able to go back to sleep tho.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:55 PM

7 posts, read 10,625 times
This is so crazy because I had a very similar experience when I was 9 after my uncle passed away. About 2 weeks after he passed I started waking up around 3am every night for MONTHS. I never woke up to any ghostly goings on or anything nor did I ever really think there was a connection between these two things. Nobody I have ever talked to about it then or recently understood why that would happen. I'm thinking maybe it is some type of depression related to losing someone.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:59 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,253,645 times
After I watched "Amityville Horror", I woke up at 3:15 for months.

After 9/11...every time I looked at a clock it was 9:11.

Grief and mourning (with a dose of existing anxiety and depression) could be what you are going through.

Every end of the summer and before my kids go back to school, I wake up around 3-4 am. What am I worried about? Them being without me after having them with me all summer - not being in control. Drives me nuts. I do the same before they go to summer camp (day camp, but it's not school...). I know I'm not alone because I have a few friends who complain of the the same. Anxiety over any issue can wake you up in the wee hours of the morning and not let you have a good night's rest.

Don't take dreams too much in to consideration if you start having weird ones. I've had some doozies after family has passed. Just my brain dealing with the grief while I'm asleep because life can be too busy to deal with it during the day. My Grandmother passed 12 years ago. I had a dream that she was in last night...so was my college boyfriend who is alive and well...sometimes dreams are just dreams.

Give it some time.

Last edited by Informed Info; 02-23-2014 at 11:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal