Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2012, 01:07 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times

Advertisements

While I do think some dreams are a clue, some are just silly. I don't know what this one is.

Got woken from a doozy this AM by someone banging on the door.

Hubby and I just moved to a new house. It was across from this little creamy white house with this cool porch where my parents lived. In reality both my parents are gone, but that didn't seem to factor into this -- I never saw them in the dream, it was just their house.

One day these six little men with fiery red hair rings about their ears but bald tops and long long red beards needed my help. They were Hungarian. I helped them (this is non specific, because it was non specific in my dream) and they showed me that we lived a few blocks away from the best shopping and dining area in the world. What ever we wanted we could get there.

But that wasn't enough thanks. SO -- every day at three, I'd sit on my parent's porch, they'd ride past the house in a little old orange Kharman Ghia covering their eyes and doing tricks in the car. And I'd wave.

I woke up laughing.... does my dream mean anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 11:16 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times
The only thing that comes to mind is the dream, because events in it are not related, or tied together, is it the result of a combination of different spirits that you, or someone involved with you, have been in the past.
I think you are getting glimpses of their thoughts through these unrelated events in one dream.
One spirit is recalling a house that may have belonged to one, or both of your parents in another life, while yet another spirit is somehow involved with these strange looking men, while still another spirit may have had some kind of contact with an orange Ghia in some other human existence.
It is not unheard of that multiple spirits are inter related through various re-incarnations.
It is entirely possible that these spirits which are responsible for your dreams were at one time the spirits of you, and/or your parents, and you are getting little specs of what was a human experience in their past existences.
Bob.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:13 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
While I do think some dreams are a clue, some are just silly. I don't know what this one is.

Got woken from a doozy this AM by someone banging on the door.

Hubby and I just moved to a new house. It was across from this little creamy white house with this cool porch where my parents lived. In reality both my parents are gone, but that didn't seem to factor into this -- I never saw them in the dream, it was just their house.

One day these six little men with fiery red hair rings about their ears but bald tops and long long red beards needed my help. They were Hungarian. I helped them (this is non specific, because it was non specific in my dream) and they showed me that we lived a few blocks away from the best shopping and dining area in the world. What ever we wanted we could get there.

But that wasn't enough thanks. SO -- every day at three, I'd sit on my parent's porch, they'd ride past the house in a little old orange Kharman Ghia covering their eyes and doing tricks in the car. And I'd wave.

I woke up laughing.... does my dream mean anything?
It sounds like your subconscious wants to vacation in a slavic country.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:31 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
They sound like elves pointing your way to the mall to do your Christmas shopping. It seriously could be - are you looking forward to excitedly about the holidays or simply really dreading them?

Old 11-05-2012, 02:30 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
The meaning if dreams comes more from the feelings you are having during the dream.
The settings and props are also significant, but the meanings of them are not always universal, but mostly cater to your own significance of them.

I would assume that with the over all nature of the dream, you had good times with your parents at their home? More so as an adult and not a child.
Someone above mentioned a vacation, I would agree with that to an extent, more about taking a break, go to some new place and having some fun.
Have you been going going going without any real time off from responsibility?

How I see the red hair is a symbol of 'wild'... Redheads have the stereotypical label of being crazy, hot tempered, thus 'wild'. Plus the hair style was unconventional.

Another thought would be that you have been tending to others needs more than your own as of late, there is just a tiny bit of resentment or reservation in that you have that feeling that what you want is just out of your reach, and why is it seemingly so much easier for others (that you have been helping) to accomplish or acquire these same things that you want.
You are happy for them, but it is personally irritating and frustrating.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:04 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
I think I figured it out and Owlka was closest. My beloved mother died in 2010, and I was devastated. It was quick, but it was ugly. Cancer sucks, and get your colonoscopies. My siblings and I had no negative things happen -- no fighting over stuff, no fighting over money...

Right after -- and I mean right after -- I ran into a series of health issues which looked far scarier, but were nothing, and so did hubby. Two weeks after I lost Mom, he thought he was having a stroke, but it ended up to be Bell's Palsy. For six months I stuffed my emotions down and had nightmares about Mom, but one night after a really bad one, I broke open the dam and let it go.

But grief takes time to work through.

Add to this, I really wanted to retire at 50. But the economy imploded. Oh well. This was added stress, like it was on everyone. So I was still working.

Losing my mom spun me out of control. I stopped worrying about what I felt didn't need to be worried about (good for me on a number of levels, I tend to be a little intense where I don't need to be and that's not good for me), but I left my house go. Not monetarily, cleaning wise -- it was a wreck. It took about two years for the house to get out of control -- hubs is a class one hoarder -- and I let him get away with it. Normally I set parameters, and it stays in control.... but not now.

Until about three weeks ago. After two years of grief, I've gotten through to the other side of it, and it's time.... I started cleaning like crazy, and got overwhelmed, and wanted to give up. But when I saw I didn't have to do it all at once, I got a handle on it.... and I felt my strength come back.

House still isn't clean enough for the Queen... but we're getting there.... and hubs is getting some parameters again, which makes him happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal