Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 10:20 PM

380 posts, read 1,156,107 times

Advertisements

I agree with Dark of the Moon. It doesn't sound like you had a paranormal experience. It seems like the people probably just forgot about the previous convo or, less likely, but, still possible, you imagined it. According to you, you saw their mouth move and they responded to your comments as though the two of you were having a conversation that doesn't sound paranormal or supernatural. It sounds pretty ordinary except that the people claim to have never had a conversation with you which means they probably forgot especially since you brought the conversation up after a lot of time had passed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 10:33 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knt1229 View Post
I agree with Dark of the Moon. It doesn't sound like you had a paranormal experience. It seems like the people probably just forgot about the previous convo or, less likely, but, still possible, you imagined it. According to you, you saw their mouth move and they responded to your comments as though the two of you were having a conversation that doesn't sound paranormal or supernatural. It sounds pretty ordinary except that the people claim to have never had a conversation with you which means they probably forgot especially since you brought the conversation up after a lot of time had passed.
As I said in my second post, I should have titled the thread in a way that it was not asking a question or for opinions about my experience.

I just realized these experiences as paranormal - what anyone else thinks is incidental - I am not asking for opinions of my experiences at this point. I just worded the title incorrectly.

If someone happens to come by and post similar experiences here, I will be very interested!

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 12-28-2012 at 07:24 AM.. Reason: Title changed at OP request

Old 12-26-2012, 11:13 PM

It's fine that people have opinions, I am just saying that I KNOW it was paranormal . . .it's not a consensus I was seeking, just feedback from others who might have experienced this phenomena or had some feedback on this TYPE of experience, which I had never heard of before.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 12-28-2012 at 07:24 AM..

Old 12-27-2012, 07:24 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knt1229 View Post
I can do this with my mother. I have also done it with other people, too. I tend to "hear" and respond to their questions or comments before they speak. It freaks some people out, LOL. I always assumed it was my intuition working overtime.
It happens frequently with people I have a close emotional bond with.

I hear them just as if we were having a "normal" conversation. It's been like that for so long that i've never thought it unusual or unique.

Funny, the one person that I NEVER experienced this with ...........my Mother!

Old 12-27-2012, 11:15 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
The thing about the incidents I described (and I have subsequently identified another one). Is that I can see the person's lips moving and hear their voice. There is nothing vague about it. In fact, it is just as if they were talking out loud - with all of the facial characteristics and body language.

The other examples people have written about here are of something else . . .

And no, it is not a dream. The incidents actually happened.
Beings you are sitting with them, and see their lips move, then it cannot be catagorized as clairaudiance.
Clairaudiance is a sound that has no known 'identifiable' source. Unless- you fell into a quick mini trance state and you had a clairvoyant & clairaudient 'promonition' of sort.
What I have the most difficult time with is the quickness in which you determine that these events are for sure paranormal. My husband tells me all the time that I said this or that, and I know for a fact that I did not. And I know, on my end, that its not a memory malfunction because they are topics I discuss with no-one, and if I did discuss it, his 'recollection' is incorrect.
So he is either totally fabricating it himself. Which I doubt (for you both). Or he's taking a conversation from someone else and thinking I was the one he had it with. Now that's a plausible explanation. And with him, I have been on the other end when he is telling me about a conversation he had with 'someone else' who happened to be me.
There are several mundane explanations that first must be ruled out.
I'm no skeptic in the existence of the paranormal so I'm not saying what happened to you is not paranormal.

maybe i missed it someplace but.....Do these people at least claim to have had the thoughts that back up what they supposed to have said?
If they had been thinking it, but did not actually say it, then that's a bit more to work with to understand this mystery.

Last edited by OwlKaMyst; 12-27-2012 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 12-27-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Beings you are sitting with them, and see their lips move, then it cannot be catagorized as clairaudiance.
Clairaudiance is a sound that has no known 'identifiable' source. Unless- you fell into a quick mini trance state and you had a clairvoyant & clairaudient 'promonition' of sort.
What I have the most difficult time with is the quickness in which you determine that these events are for sure paranormal. My husband tells me all the time that I said this or that, and I know for a fact that I did not. And I know, on my end, that its not a memory malfunction because they are topics I discuss with no-one, and if I did discuss it, his 'recollection' is incorrect.
So he is either totally fabricating it himself. Which I doubt (for you both). Or he's taking a conversation from someone else and thinking I was the one he had it with. Now that's a plausible explanation. And with him, I have been on the other end when he is telling me about a conversation he had with 'someone else' who happened to be me.
There are several mundane explanations that first must be ruled out.
I'm no skeptic in the existence of the paranormal so I'm not saying what happened to you is not paranormal.

maybe i missed it someplace but.....Do these people at least claim to have had the thoughts that back up what they supposed to have said?
If they had been thinking it, but did not actually say it, then that's a bit more to work with to understand this mystery.
In the first example, I explained that my uncle protested that he never said that - but he actually did want the dog and did end up taking the dog.

When you say "what they supposed to have said," that does indicate doubt and I don't personally wish to argue with skeptics - it's a dead end . . . but in the other cases (and there has just been another one) what the people said was consistent with what they were thinking.

Would love to hear from others who have had similar experiences.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
In the first example, I explained that my uncle protested that he never said that - but he actually did want the dog and did end up taking the dog.

When you say "what they supposed to have said," that does indicate doubt and I don't personally wish to argue with skeptics - it's a dead end . . . but in the other cases (and there has just been another one) what the people said was consistent with what they were thinking.

As I said, I am not a skeptic. And 'supposed to have said' does not only and solely indicate doubt in the experience. There are other ways to interpret my statement. If this a premonition of sorts, it is your experience of something they -supposedly- said. Your uncle says he did not say it, but was thinking it.
So it could have been a visionary moment where you superimposed what might have been said. And I'm not using 'might' in a manner of doubt, only of what could have been.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
As I said, I am not a skeptic. And 'supposed to have said' does not only and solely indicate doubt in the experience. There are other ways to interpret my statement. If this a premonition of sorts, it is your experience of something they -supposedly- said. Your uncle says he did not say it, but was thinking it.
So it could have been a visionary moment where you superimposed what might have been said. And I'm not using 'might' in a manner of doubt, only of what could have been.
I don't wish to speculate and argue with you. I had the experiences - I tried to explain my perception of what took place. Your interpretation and speculation is for your amusement.

I don't know how it "should" be categorized, as no one else has stepped forward with the same type of experiences and I have read nothing online that explains this particular type of phenomena.

For that reason, it is an "unexplained mystery."

When I initially posted, I thought it might be a certain form of clairaudience, as hearing was primary, but facial expressions and body language were also factors. It was no different than someone actually speaking to you.

My working theory at the moment has to do with parallel universes - I am reading a book called "One," and in it there is some talk of parallel universes - the theory is that we occupy more than one universe at a time and fragments of our personalites are in different universes, having different experiences.

So maybe that would explain what happened.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:33 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
I don't know how it "should" be categorized, as no one else has stepped forward with the same type of experiences and I have read nothing online that explains this particular type of phenomena.

It may be that there aren't a lot of people on CD that experience the same things as you do. It must be very frustrating when you can't find others who share the same experiences as you. Maybe you'd find better information by chatting with people who have experienced similar things. There are forums for everything imaginable. Here's one:

I Am Clairaudient | Group with Personal Stories, Forums and Chat

Good luck in your quest to explain what you are going through.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
[b][color=DarkOrchid]I don't wish to speculate and argue with you. I had the experiences - I tried to explain my perception of what took place. Your interpretation and speculation is for your amusement.
I think you are not fully understanding what I have said and are making an overly defensive response. I never said you did not have the experience you did. If anything I gave you a valid paranormal explination (that is just one of many possibilities) for what happened to you. I'm am far from arguing with you and how you got that impression is beyond me. I have not given any defined interpretation, only possibilities. You wanted working theories. You wanted some sort of explanation right? to find answers? Then one has to look at ALL possible scenarios to narrow things down.
And my 'speculation' was NOT for my amusement, again, how you get that idea is beyond me. You may have had a precognition with your uncle, but you are not in my head know why I do what I do. One should not make such claims unless they are 100% sure.
I have a lot of experience with the paranormal and psychic side of life, as well as the science side of things.
But if you want to bite at the hand with some experience, be my guest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal