Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 09:20 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,400,299 times

Advertisements

1. Deja vu: I think most people have experienced this. But what really causes our mind to remind us of an event that has occurred before in that very moment? Is it just a dream coming to life? Or have we really experienced it before?

2. Ever get a really bad vibe/feeling about someone, place or thing? How do you handle the situation when this arises? Were your feelings accurate?

3. Has someone from your past or present suddenly entered your mind and you can't stop thinking about them and that something bad is going to happen or has already happened to them? If so, have you actually seen/had a vision of what this bad thing is/was and did it turn out to be true?

Comments...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 09:35 PM

803 posts, read 1,879,899 times
jaded,

deja vu: i get that often, at first i used to think that it happened somewhere b4 in a past life. butthen i changed thatidea. i actually think that before we are born we give ourselves the life we have. we write our own journeys so i think thats where the deja vu feeling happens.

bad vibes: yes i get them and i always go with my guy feeling. i once had my husbands friend and wife over, and i just got this bad vibe from her. i felt like i didnt want to socialize with her or ever be friends with her. i felt like she was a deceitful person and immediatley it came to me why i thought that way..

later that day when they left.. i told my husband that i didnt like her and shes going to cheat on her husband. sure enough months later, the truth came out that she was having an affair behind her husbands back while he was deployed.

basically i go with what my gut insinct is tellin me. like in this instance, from the minute i met her, i didnt like her.

people and dreams: yes that has happened,. i have dreamt of friends or family members and the dreams were not your typical where all the events were right there in front of me but with the help of a dream book and time the dreams became reality.

i had a dream i was in my cousins house and an elephant was knocking on the door. elephants mean fortune and a few weeks later he got a well deserved promotion at work.

Last edited by Mandy612; 02-13-2013 at 09:48 PM..

Old 02-13-2013, 10:21 PM

577 posts, read 992,885 times
People talk about psychic vampires and such. It's a bit hard to swallow, however I will admit to having met a few people over the years who I couldn't get away from fast enough. They didn't do anything wrong, and they didn't necessarily have a bad attitude. I can't really pinpoint exactly what it was, but I just disliked being around them. I'm not sure if their is any paranormal explanation to it or not.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:41 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,505,939 times
I get deja vu all the time.

I have gotten bad vibes from people but more often I have gotten bad vibes from places or houses.

I dated a man and we drifted away - 10 years later I thought about him for some reason - pick up the paper and his picture is there - he had been mugged and was in a coma and friends were trying to raise money for his medical bills - I later learned from his Mom that he was calling my name while in the coma - this is very odd since we were really not that serious years ago and so many things had happened since then - very strange. I wonder why this was? Maybe we have a connection in a past life and we meet up again and again through time - I have not seen him for 10 years now - maybe in another life.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:03 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,798,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
I get deja vu all the time.

I have gotten bad vibes from people but more often I have gotten bad vibes from places or houses.

I dated a man and we drifted away - 10 years later I thought about him for some reason - pick up the paper and his picture is there - he had been mugged and was in a coma and friends were trying to raise money for his medical bills - I later learned from his Mom that he was calling my name while in the coma - this is very odd since we were really not that serious years ago and so many things had happened since then - very strange. I wonder why this was? Maybe we have a connection in a past life and we meet up again and again through time - I have not seen him for 10 years now - maybe in another life.

I don't get deja vu as often now as in years past and I miss it. I've pondered for most of my life the meaning of it and have no clue. For a while I thought I was reliving a moment in time........

I too get bad vibes moreso from a place than a person but happens with both.

Ok-your story gave me goosebumps!!

I lost touch with 3 good friends at various times over the years for varying reasons.

Something or someone kept urging me to call this one friend. It became relentless with the --"time is running out...........you need to call her......." type thoughts. So I finally did call her,not even sure she would take my call due to the way we parted. Not only did she take the call but she immediately began to cry and said she had been thinking so much about me. We ended up talking for 4 hours and hung up promising to speak again right after Christmas(as this was 3 days before Christmas). Odd thing is that when we both promised to call then hung up-my immediate thought was,"no we won't talk again because...." Because I knew she was going to die. And she did with 2 weeks. I live thousnads of miles away from my hometown so I couldn't attend her service. Her husband, then her son and his wife all called me afterward to say how much my call had meant to her and to explain how quickly she got ill and never recovered.

Friend number 2-she and I just both moved away from hometowns and failed to keep in touch.
Too many years went by but then 2 years ago I couldn't get her off my mind. I began a fervent search for her-not knowing what state she might have ended up living in nor what her last name now might be. Through FB I located her! We were both thrilled!!! She called me right away after I messaged her and told me she had cancer and was undergoing chemo and radiation. It was such a struggle for her and yet she remained so positive in her spiritualism. The cancer spread and she died last May.

Friend #3---life and careers got in the way. He and I had known each other since we were teens. he was gay and awesome and I loved him!! He taught me tolerance,unconditional love and how to laugh from the heart. Last year I began to dream about him. Then couldn't stop thinking I needed to find him. To reach out to him. And so I did and his long-time and only partner he had ever had had just died the week before I reached him via phone. He was so upset. His partner's death took a toll on him emotionally and he sort of shut down for this entire last year. In October I kept thinking I need to call him and try to make him laugh,try to pull him out of his grief.........I need to, I need to......but I didn't. Things kept getting in the way. His sister called me in Nov. to say he was on vacation and had a heart attack and died instantly.

Pay attention to signs my spiritual friends...........Pay attention to signs.

Last edited by PippySkiddles; 02-14-2013 at 12:08 AM.. Reason: correction in spelling

Old 02-14-2013, 11:12 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,368,020 times
I had deja vu several times be it people or things and some of it came from my dreams.

Vibes? For real, again with people and things. I can sense both good and bad but I felt several degrees of bad and not much of good. Some bad vibes I felt were so strong that I had to leave to get away. I learned later that something bad happened where I was.

I remember two occasions where one night I was at a Thanksgiving night party with my friend and we played guitars. after a while I felt awful, something's bugging the hell out of me so I told my friend I'm gonna pack up and leave. 20 minutes later after I left a speeding drunk wiped out a bunch of parked cars including my friends' and my car would've been hit if I stayed.

The second occasion was at my friend's house on New Year's eve night. Bunch of people were in the house and a guy walking in. I got very bad vibes from this guy and I asked my friend who's he? He doesn't know, probably a friend of a friend. I told him I don't feel so good about this so I'm gonna split.

Turned out the guy was a crasher after they checked around to see if someone knows him but no one knows him so they ran him out and chased him down the street. The guy left his car behind so the drunk bunch demolished his car. I mean with guns, pipes, baseball bats and knives, the car was wasted. Bunch of cops came and arrested everybody.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:38 AM

24,125 posts, read 32,491,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
1. Deja vu: I think most people have experienced this. But what really causes our mind to remind us of an event that has occurred before in that very moment? Is it just a dream coming to life? Or have we really experienced it before?

2. Ever get a really bad vibe/feeling about someone, place or thing? How do you handle the situation when this arises? Were your feelings accurate?

3. Has someone from your past or present suddenly entered your mind and you can't stop thinking about them and that something bad is going to happen or has already happened to them? If so, have you actually seen/had a vision of what this bad thing is/was and did it turn out to be true?

Comments...
All three of these have happened to me at one time or another. I'll take them one at a time.

1. Deja Vu - For some reason it happened to me more when I was in my 20s. I believe in all kinds of supernatural things but I happen to think that deja vu is some kind of neurological glitch, rather than a supernatural occurrence. I have noticed that it seems to happen to creative, intuitive and empathic types though.

2. A bad feeling or vibe about a place or thing? YES! That happens about once a month. I can walk into a store and feel uneasy turn around and see a person who gives me chills. I have turned down houses that I was interested in buying because I have gotten a bad vibe. In some cases, I've looked up the property and found that a murder or suicide took place there. Yes, my feelings are generally on target. It's as normal to me as any of my other senses. I'm intuitive and psychic. So was my mom and grandma.

3. YES! That has happened. Once I was driving in my car - this was about five years ago - and I started thinking about this guy Scott, whoI went to college with. Not an old boy friend, just a good friend one of the crowd I hung put with. He was a DJ at the college radio station and I read the news, and filled in. A song came on the radio that he used to play a lot. This was AFTER I thought of him. I hadn't heard the song in a long time - I only have the album on vinyl. The song is "People Who Died" by The Jim Carol Band. It's a fast Punk song with some really disturbing lyrics. When the song was over a thought came into my head. Actually more of a voice. Not an an audible voice, but a voice in my head. It said "Scott's dead"

I checked my E-mail after I put the groceries away, and there was an e-mail from Tina, one of my college roomies. Scott had died.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:21 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,821,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post

Comments...
The conscious mind is literally only the "tip of the iceberg" when it comes to everything that is going on in your mind. When you are awake, your subconscious is actually going full-bore too but is "drowned out" by "noise" from the conscious mind.

Every so often though, the deeper mind breaks through with an observation or draws a connection that feels "weird" to the conscious... call it intuition, deja vu or vibes but it's still "in the mind" just from a deeper level of consciousness. Very often it's right too, just like the conscious mind is usually right!

Old 02-15-2013, 10:29 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
The conscious mind is literally only the "tip of the iceberg" when it comes to everything that is going on in your mind. When you are awake, your subconscious is actually going full-bore too but is "drowned out" by "noise" from the conscious mind.

Every so often though, the deeper mind breaks through with an observation or draws a connection that feels "weird" to the conscious... call it intuition, deja vu or vibes but it's still "in the mind" just from a deeper level of consciousness. Very often it's right too, just like the conscious mind is usually right!
Exploring the mind is still in it's baby stages, there's so much we don't know.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:50 PM

19,037 posts, read 27,614,590 times
aded;28237583]1. Deja vu: I think most people have experienced this. But what really causes our mind to remind us of an event that has occurred before in that very moment? Is it just a dream coming to life? Or have we really experienced it before?

You spent countless lives on Earth, interacting with others and being in various situations. Truly, number of humans and situations you can get yourself involved in, is limited. Eventually, you start experiencing same situations over and over again. This is deja vu.

Part of your destiny on Earth is to work out relationships with other humans. Based on your previous encounters with them. Though you normally do not remember particularities of such previous encounters, you do carry through a general "vibe" about some humans you re-encounter. No matter what you feel about the situation, your best action is to stay composed and work it out to the best, which is - listening to your voice of conscience. It will guide you through acts possibly wrong, by making you feel uneasy about thought to be action.

In some humans, their senses can reach as far as form plane of the physical world. This is the plane, where thoughts stay, waiting for exteriorization. Exteriorization manifests itself in all and any events of human life, should it even be called an accident. Such reading of the form plane is called premonition. Also, some humans, due to build up of thoughts, they produced, that are awaiting on exteriorization, start feeling that "pressure" of things to come.

Comments...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal