Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 05:17 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,991,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
Here is another fascinating story of a family that vanished, only to be rediscovered generations later:

For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII | History & Archaeology | Smithsonian Magazine
Thank you for this.
They fled because of religious persecution and when contact with civilization was made years later became ill from the poor diet that they ate, and one died from pneumonia which may have been transmitted by the part that found them. Only the older man spoke an intelligible language. The first thing that they most appreciated was salt. And tv, which they thought was against their religion so they were constantly praying for forgiveness for watching.

Would they not have been much better off just giving up their religion and living among the ordinary people? I think so. It is a futile stand and I don't think that preferring to live the way they did benefited their souls one little bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Family of three missing since 2009. Their pickup truck was found near a heavily wooded area in Eastern Oklahoma. $35,000 in cash was found in the truck. There has been no sign of the parents and 5 year old daughter since that day. Due to the large sum of money authorities wonder if the disappearance is somehow connected to marijuana, since it is the main cash crop for the area.
Family is still missing » Local News » McAlester News-Capital, McAlester, OK
Well, at least there is a possible speculation about them stumbling on a drug operation, no?

The first family was thoroughly investigated and no connection of any kind with shady characters was found.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:35 PM

Another story that psychic help or intelligent guesses could help is that one of the Staten Island mother who was killed in Turkey. Do people know that story? It's on the True Crime forum.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:11 PM

7,893 posts, read 11,431,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Thank you for this.
They fled because of religious persecution and when contact with civilization was made years later became ill from the poor diet that they ate, and one died from pneumonia which may have been transmitted by the part that found them. Only the older man spoke an intelligible language. The first thing that they most appreciated was salt. And tv, which they thought was against their religion so they were constantly praying for forgiveness for watching.

Would they not have been much better off just giving up their religion and living among the ordinary people? I think so. It is a futile stand and I don't think that preferring to live the way they did benefited their souls one little bit.
Its not your place to say they would have been much better off giving up there religion. Obviously you do not have any beliefs strong enough to be more important to you than living longer or in a different way. I doubt you would have crossed the ocean to parts unknown as some did. They lived the way they believed the best way to preserve their beliefs...... You seem determined to force your beliefs and values on them....rather than consider why some belief in a great force than in this life

Old 02-16-2013, 09:26 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,869,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post

People who have a strong faith don't just "give it up."

Old 02-16-2013, 09:54 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,589,192 times
Here are their photos for picture readers.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:00 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,510,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Family of three missing since 2009. Their pickup truck was found near a heavily wooded area in Eastern Oklahoma. $35,000 in cash was found in the truck. There has been no sign of the parents and 5 year old daughter since that day. Due to the large sum of money authorities wonder if the disappearance is somehow connected to marijuana, since it is the main cash crop for the area.
Family is still missing » Local News » McAlester News-Capital, McAlester, OK
I saw that story on Disappeared. Every now and then I wonder if they found out what happened and I kept on forgetting to look it up so I'm glad this was posted. On the family's cell phone in the car there was a picture of the daughter sitting on a rock just yards from the car and I wondered 'Did the parents take that photo... or someone else?'. I don't know what to believe: Foul play, the marijuana story, or even something else?

Old 02-16-2013, 10:16 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,589,192 times
Missing Jamison Family | Keepthesearchalive's Blog

After reading that and doing some other digging I noticed one glaring thing in this case before that I pointed out. There is no list of the Jamison family on the FBI’s list of “missing persons”.

The behavior of the Jamisons in the weeks leading up to the disappearance was far from normal. They took Madyson out of school and had rumored to be suing the school district. Sherilyn Jamison had chased off a handyman living with the family with a pistol. The handyman Kenneth Bellows of Wilburton, Ok was cleared of any wrongdoing by the FBI in this case. Infact, there is no crime or signs of any and the Jamisons themselves are not “wanted” or have any warrants out on them. The Jamison’s pastor said Bobby Jamison said he had been seeing spirits around his house and wanted to know if there “was a bullet they made that would kill them.” He also said Bobby said they were consulting the satanic bible for remedies.

Last edited by virgode; 02-16-2013 at 10:27 PM..

Old 02-17-2013, 07:07 AM

27,231 posts, read 44,064,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Missing Jamison Family | Keepthesearchalive's Blog

After reading that and doing some other digging I noticed one glaring thing in this case before that I pointed out. There is no list of the Jamison family on the FBI’s list of “missing persons”.

The behavior of the Jamisons in the weeks leading up to the disappearance was far from normal. They took Madyson out of school and had rumored to be suing the school district. Sherilyn Jamison had chased off a handyman living with the family with a pistol. The handyman Kenneth Bellows of Wilburton, Ok was cleared of any wrongdoing by the FBI in this case. Infact, there is no crime or signs of any and the Jamisons themselves are not “wanted” or have any warrants out on them. The Jamison’s pastor said Bobby Jamison said he had been seeing spirits around his house and wanted to know if there “was a bullet they made that would kill them.” He also said Bobby said they were consulting the satanic bible for remedies.
There are a number of cults operating in Mexico which would help explain why they left everything behind (including 100K)...

Old 02-17-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Maybe the bowls of popcorn on the couch were left for the dog and the dog had access to one or more toilets for drinking water..

I suppose the popcorn would be a little less obvious than leaving a bunch of extra dog food and water dishes around.

It does have a bit of a planned feel to it. Hope they are o.k.
But if they did not want people to think it was planned they would have messed the house up to look like an abduction, no? Either they wanted people to think they were abducted or that they just ran away, and the way things are left, with the car so easy to detect, it looks as though they just ran away.

Another thing, maybe they had some things stashed in the car knowing that some even would trigger their having to leave and they got the 'trigger' that day and just up and left. I don't know what that might be, though.

Anyone know how long they were gone before the dog was found? Did relatives or neighbors visit every day, so they knew the dog would be found soon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal