Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 02:48 PM

803 posts, read 1,879,385 times

Advertisements

what can all this mean?!

I usually always have nightmares.. and usually in the nightmare it is always nighttime. i can actually recall a few times that i actually dreamt a dream in the daylight, but it is so seldom.

ever since i was little, i always had nightmares. and upon waking up from these nightmares, i could never move.. and hardly breathe. it wasnt until i got older did i realize that the feeling i was feeling was in fact, sleep paralysis.

i hate to sleep because of the nightmares and sleep paralysis. sometimes i have prophetic dreams, like a relative dying or sick, a relative gaining health, someone becoming pregnant in the family. sometimes, i can be wide awake in the middle of the day and have a brief prophetic vision/hearing(i can hear a conversation in my head). i am a sensitive in a sense that i can sometimes feel a spirits presence and stuff of that nature. when i have sleep paralysis, i can feel or sense spirits in the room as well..

one time, when i was a teenager, i slept over my cousins house when they had just moved in, and had a sleep paralysis episode. When i opened my eyes, i saw chickens, hanging chickens in the room. there was blood. and i saw roosters too.

when i told my aunt what i saw, she began to tell me how odd that was. not even a month later, she found out that the people she bought her house from practiced Santeria. and thru neighbors, heard stories about them performing santerian cleansings and neighbors seen chickens in their yard.
that was wierd.

so anyways, i bought a house a while ago and was able to tell the previous owners of a spirit who was in the house that was now mine. i described this person and their likes and dislikes. i was able to describe their personality even their habits. (i would hear footsteps at like 5am , so i said that they would wake up early// stuff like that) being in the house, it all came to me. they were shocked and comforted.

actually i was shocked at myself, because, all my life i can see things and feel things, but never as much as i was able to feel this spirit,. i guess since im getting older my psychic awareness and senses are heightened. does this make me an evil person?

i ask because all the nightmares and the sleep paralysis are bothering me. i have something quite similiar to lucid dreaming or maybe even actually lucid dreaming where i can talk in my dream to myself, recall a dream/nightmare within my dream/nitemare, i can wake myself up if the dream gets scary, i can wake up from a dream then go back to the same dream if i want to.

theres so much, but ill be as brief as i can.. about a few months ago, i had a sleep paralysis "episode" where i couldnt move but i felt someone next to me , whispering something to me, and i felt like that someone touched my abdomen and applied pressure to it. when i got out of that sleep paralysis trance, i saw a coral colored orb in the room.. floating.

i immediately thought that i couldve been pregnant. i went to the doctor a week later and i actually had an umbilical hernia, right where that presence touched my abdomen. i guess it was a helpful spirit.

just recently, i had a dream where i was looking at what seemed like members of my family and they were a little older. i was watching it on video. when all of a sudden i saw a women with shoulder length greyish white hair holding a baby with black hair. she was getting the baby to say hello to me and the lady was looking at me and smiling.

this woman did not look at all familiar to me , and i acknowledged that thought in my dream but for some reason, she made me very sad. when i woke up, i saw her in my room at the entrance of my door. it freaked me out and i went to go back to my dream. i didnt want to stay up because this woman scared the crap out of me . i figured if i went back to sleep she would just go away. when i did go back to sleep, it turned into a nightmare where alot of my fears were featured, oversleeping when i have to be up, bugs, heights etc.

when i woke up from that nightmare, i had sleep paralysis, and it was the longest span that i ever had. this sleep paralysis episode lasted about maybe 5 mins and when i finally got out of it, i saw a black orb floating in the air and it "flew" away from me and disipitated in the air.

am i haunted? also, my tv has changed channels by itself to the catholic religeous channel. i was brought up catholic but i dont practice it. the spirit of the person who i was able to describe in great detail, was catholic. (something i also told that family) i might have mentioned this before but i sometimes smell frankenscense in my house and have never used it here.

anyways, why has this always been happeneing to me. i also had a nightmare of a house that i was in that freaked me out, people were yelling and i couldnt escape that house. when i finally did, i noticed a red shed in the back of the house, the tree trunk in the front yard, and the disheveled look of the houses appearance.

then one day, i was driving around , running errands when i past a house that looked strangely familiar. went back and looked at the house and it was the same house from my nightmare. all the details were the same and i had an uneasy feeling about this house.

i sometimes think that i lived a past life in the city that i live in now. how i like it here so much, how within a week of living here, i was able to figure out where everything is as if i had lived here all my life. i always felt whenever i lived in other states that i wasnt supposed to live there.. but here i feel grounded like im supposed to live here.

anyways, thanks for reading. i need to know what it means to have nightmares almost all the time and dream settings are mostly at night. and the sleep paralysis so often. also, whats the interpretation of the dreams i mentioned?

also, i have a totem and its a wolf. lots of times in my dreams , im running and i either get lost or im scared because its dark and im alll alone. then i see a pack of wolves come circling me and i feel protected in the circle. i make eye contact with them and i feel protected intheir presence. they are very calm wolves.

lots of times in my dreams/nightmares if someone is attacking me i will either turn into a wolf where i feel hair on me or i will just growl and show my teeth and try to claw them and pounce on them. this has also happened during a sleep paralysis episode/

please let me know what u think. i know some poeople might find this crazy, but if you are spiritual u might be able to tell me what all this means.

thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 02:50 PM

2,349 posts, read 5,435,593 times
My best comment is to see a doctor, possibly a neurologist or psychiatrist. It is possible you have some sort of emotional or psychological stress - maybe suppressed bad memories.

He may recommend some sort of sleep analysis or even counseling or even medication.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:26 PM

thanks for responding,. i dont have any suppressed bad memories. i do have sad moments in my life when for example, we had to give away the family dog. or when my other dogs i had, had to be put to sleep cuz they were sick.

i have dreamt of my former pets, and those are usually good dreams where im playing with them, or a deceased relative is walking them or in their presence. i wake up feel content that my dogs that passed on are in the care of my grandparents. they loved dogs too.

I am stressed out alot. i have twin daughters with autism and my marriage is not good at all.

but i have been having nightmares and sleep paralysis since im little. my first nightmare happened when i was around 4 yrs old. and ive been having them and remembering almost all of them since then. i also saw things like ghosts, and stuff since im very little as well.

i also forgot to mention that i have alot of spiritual family members, some have psychic abilities and pysychic medium abilities. im starting to think that all these nightmares and dreams, the paralysis and deja vus and prophetic visions, are all connected with my family. we are all spiritual.

and one more thing, the water in my house is going on by itself. this has happened several times already. the faucet goes on-not on full blast but enough for me to hear it and go turn it off.

if a house is haunted, or there is a strong presence of a spirit in a house, can it cause people in the house to have bad dreams and sleep paralysis?

my family members are urging me to have the house blessed and cleansed with sage and incense ,,im going to have to do that.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:38 PM

2,349 posts, read 5,435,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy612 View Post

my marriage is not good at all.
What is your spouse's opinion of your assertion that the house in haunted?

Old 07-05-2013, 04:13 PM

well, strange things have been happening, like appliances breaking, odd incidents and stuff, he also fell down the stairs, on two seperate occasions. the first time he fell, he said he felt like someone pushed him. later retracted from that story and said that he just hates the steps in the house. they are regular carpeted steps.

also, he is a very negative person. has bad, negative thoughts and outlooks very frequently. he is always wishing bad on other people and i am the exact opposite. im always telling him that he is a big ball of negativity and needs to change his ways because its just not healthy to think the way he does.

i often joke that there is this huge black cloud that lingers over him. lol , its not even funny y am i laughing lol..

but anyways, he hates the house. he believes in hauntings and stuff and believes that the house could be haunted. everyone else in my family, including me loves the house. actually, i have a relative (who has proven to be psychic)that told me before i bought the house that there are good spirits in that house and that they will be good to me.

before i moved in, during the home buying process, i had a dream that i was being watched in that house and that here was an older deceased person who spiritually occupied the house. the dream was before my relative told me about the house having spirits.

when i bought the house i knew that the house was the one. i just loved everything about it. it has a really cozy feel and it had everything i was looking for. my husband liked the house for maybe a day then didnt like it anymore.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:35 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Mandy I won't be much help except to add some perspective. It sounds like all this makes you uncomfortable and a bit proud of your abilities at the same time, which is probably what I would be feeling. If it were me, I'd be talking to those relatives to see how they handle it. Did you ever see the movie, The Sixth Sense? If so, you may recall that the young boy was very upset and frightened when he "saw dead people," but that when he learned to help them he was no longer afraid and learned to control his gift and realized he had a mission. Maybe that's you and you just need to learn how to control it. I think this is really cool but it has to be scary. BTW, I do have the sleep paralysis episodes sometimes but I just roll over into a new position and it will usually quit. I'm not sure what causes them but they may not even be related.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:51 PM

hi stepka,

i never saw the movie the sixth sense, but i know the quote "i see dead people". i will need to watch that movie in its entirety. my mom my aunts and cousins, have all seen things. my sister has too. they arent scared. my aunt was woken up one day by a little girl giggling, and felt very calm in her presence..but me on the other hand, that would freak me out!.

some people would be comforted to see the ghost of a dead relative but not me. no way. again that would startle me.

i have asked my family how they arent afraid, and they have all said that they it could be that the spirit knows u can sense them, and they are trying to send u a message. they are trying to tell u something so dont be afraid if they come to try to talk to u.

my sister told me that sometimes, a spirit may make their presence known just to be acknowledged.

i dont know if the sleep paralysis is related to the dreaming aspect. i try to move when im in that state and i just cant.

my mom once said that to dream of being in the dark could be interpretd that im in the dark about something. doubting something, not fully sure of something or something is going on and im not in the know of whats going on.. that really makes sense.

im going to check out a dream interpretation site. but what about that wierd house thing? that really made me feel uneasy. i kept thinking if maybe in a past life i lived in that house.! who knows?! but how was i able to recall the details of the house so vividly in my dream and then see this very house with my own eyes? omg thats creepy!

Old 07-05-2013, 10:59 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
First of all- no, you are not haunted.
Much of what you have told, I could tell my own stories that are much the same.
I don't have night terrors or sleep paralysis though.
A doctor would be good for the sleep paralysis. For your dreams, it could be a chemical imbalance that is fixed with the right foods as well as allow yourself time to decompress before going to sleep. You may also want to try dream innoculation; where you tell yourself what your dreams will be. And, play classical music softly at night.
May also benefit from grounding excercise and meditation.

And....fix the marriage. It is not selfish at all to put yourself first and do -what ever is needed- to assure your happiness. You have children who need you and need you in ways most children do not. If you are not happy, you are not healthy and you need to be so for your children.

Embrace your abilities as well. It is not always easy having them, down right sucks at times, but they are defiantly a great tool to have so that you can take advantage of opportunities, be prepared for something, avoid disasters and so on.
Get the book 'You Are Psychic' by Peter Sanders.
Also, join us in the Law of Attraction discussion it's here in the same forum.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:23 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy612 View Post
what can all this mean?!

I usually always have nightmares.. and usually in the nightmare it is always nighttime. i can actually recall a few times that i actually dreamt a dream in the daylight, but it is so seldom.

ever since i was little, i always had nightmares. and upon waking up from these nightmares, i could never move.. and hardly breathe. it wasnt until i got older did i realize that the feeling i was feeling was in fact, sleep paralysis.

i hate to sleep because of the nightmares and sleep paralysis. sometimes i have prophetic dreams, like a relative dying or sick, a relative gaining health, someone becoming pregnant in the family. sometimes, i can be wide awake in the middle of the day and have a brief prophetic vision/hearing(i can hear a conversation in my head). i am a sensitive in a sense that i can sometimes feel a spirits presence and stuff of that nature. when i have sleep paralysis, i can feel or sense spirits in the room as well..

one time, when i was a teenager, i slept over my cousins house when they had just moved in, and had a sleep paralysis episode. When i opened my eyes, i saw chickens, hanging chickens in the room. there was blood. and i saw roosters too.

when i told my aunt what i saw, she began to tell me how odd that was. not even a month later, she found out that the people she bought her house from practiced Santeria. and thru neighbors, heard stories about them performing santerian cleansings and neighbors seen chickens in their yard.
that was wierd.

so anyways, i bought a house a while ago and was able to tell the previous owners of a spirit who was in the house that was now mine. i described this person and their likes and dislikes. i was able to describe their personality even their habits. (i would hear footsteps at like 5am , so i said that they would wake up early// stuff like that) being in the house, it all came to me. they were shocked and comforted.

actually i was shocked at myself, because, all my life i can see things and feel things, but never as much as i was able to feel this spirit,. i guess since im getting older my psychic awareness and senses are heightened. does this make me an evil person?

i ask because all the nightmares and the sleep paralysis are bothering me. i have something quite similiar to lucid dreaming or maybe even actually lucid dreaming where i can talk in my dream to myself, recall a dream/nightmare within my dream/nitemare, i can wake myself up if the dream gets scary, i can wake up from a dream then go back to the same dream if i want to.

theres so much, but ill be as brief as i can.. about a few months ago, i had a sleep paralysis "episode" where i couldnt move but i felt someone next to me , whispering something to me, and i felt like that someone touched my abdomen and applied pressure to it. when i got out of that sleep paralysis trance, i saw a coral colored orb in the room.. floating.

i immediately thought that i couldve been pregnant. i went to the doctor a week later and i actually had an umbilical hernia, right where that presence touched my abdomen. i guess it was a helpful spirit.

just recently, i had a dream where i was looking at what seemed like members of my family and they were a little older. i was watching it on video. when all of a sudden i saw a women with shoulder length greyish white hair holding a baby with black hair. she was getting the baby to say hello to me and the lady was looking at me and smiling.

this woman did not look at all familiar to me , and i acknowledged that thought in my dream but for some reason, she made me very sad. when i woke up, i saw her in my room at the entrance of my door. it freaked me out and i went to go back to my dream. i didnt want to stay up because this woman scared the crap out of me . i figured if i went back to sleep she would just go away. when i did go back to sleep, it turned into a nightmare where alot of my fears were featured, oversleeping when i have to be up, bugs, heights etc.

when i woke up from that nightmare, i had sleep paralysis, and it was the longest span that i ever had. this sleep paralysis episode lasted about maybe 5 mins and when i finally got out of it, i saw a black orb floating in the air and it "flew" away from me and disipitated in the air.

am i haunted? also, my tv has changed channels by itself to the catholic religeous channel. i was brought up catholic but i dont practice it. the spirit of the person who i was able to describe in great detail, was catholic. (something i also told that family) i might have mentioned this before but i sometimes smell frankenscense in my house and have never used it here.

anyways, why has this always been happeneing to me. i also had a nightmare of a house that i was in that freaked me out, people were yelling and i couldnt escape that house. when i finally did, i noticed a red shed in the back of the house, the tree trunk in the front yard, and the disheveled look of the houses appearance.

then one day, i was driving around , running errands when i past a house that looked strangely familiar. went back and looked at the house and it was the same house from my nightmare. all the details were the same and i had an uneasy feeling about this house.

i sometimes think that i lived a past life in the city that i live in now. how i like it here so much, how within a week of living here, i was able to figure out where everything is as if i had lived here all my life. i always felt whenever i lived in other states that i wasnt supposed to live there.. but here i feel grounded like im supposed to live here.

anyways, thanks for reading. i need to know what it means to have nightmares almost all the time and dream settings are mostly at night. and the sleep paralysis so often. also, whats the interpretation of the dreams i mentioned?

also, i have a totem and its a wolf. lots of times in my dreams , im running and i either get lost or im scared because its dark and im alll alone. then i see a pack of wolves come circling me and i feel protected in the circle. i make eye contact with them and i feel protected intheir presence. they are very calm wolves.

lots of times in my dreams/nightmares if someone is attacking me i will either turn into a wolf where i feel hair on me or i will just growl and show my teeth and try to claw them and pounce on them. this has also happened during a sleep paralysis episode/

please let me know what u think. i know some poeople might find this crazy, but if you are spiritual u might be able to tell me what all this means.

thanks.
Mandy, I think that your experiences are a combination of psychological and spiritual. I think that you are sensitive. Psychic, to some degree. My feeling is that you know that already on some level.

When sensitive people see or experience something horrible - it does not need to be a personal experience, it could be something that you read about - it becomes more deeply imprinted into their subconscious than it does for average people.

Our subconscious generates our dreams.

Sleep paralysis has natural and supernatural origins. It has happened to me. Most often it's origins are natural. People with vivid dreams seem to have this more often than those who do not.

I really doubt that a doctor will be able to help you. You are not crazy. You are sensitive.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:50 AM

16 posts, read 28,016 times
I suffered terrible dreams and night terrors as a child...at about age 8 I became a "lucid" dreamer and have always known when I am dreaming/sleeping ever since......your post was kinda "all over the place" so maybe you need to become more calm and centered, if possible......very very interesting post though, esp about the things happening in your house.....if you do a cleansing make sure you open every drawer, closet, cupboard, etc so whatever it is cant hide from you , also, work from the center of the house/room in an outward direction....also make it clear that WHATEVER IT IS IS NOT WELCOME BACK ACROSS YOUR THRESHOLD.....however this would be a last resort for me, I definitely would try to coexist if possible....but that's just me....anyhow thanks for the interesting read let us know how it turns out.....scottybrownc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal