Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2014, 08:29 PM

436 posts, read 421,072 times

Advertisements

My husband and I separated briefly a few years ago, and he went to live in an apartment while I stayed in our house. We ended up getting back together and fully reconciling, but it had been a pretty bad time for him. He kept saying that he had had a recurring.... nightmare? Vision? of a lady in a gray dress standing over him watching him sleep in his apartment. He's not a big ghost/paranormal person, although he's a bit superstitious, and not easily spooked either, but this vision kept recurring while he was in the apartment. She had black holes where her eyes should be, and she would often be very close to his face when he woke up, or else standing in his closet. She never did anything to him, but wasn't a pleasant sight.

He didn't tell me this, though, until quite some time afterwards, but that's just for background.

So we decided when we got back together that we would start anew in a new place. I packed up my stuff and moved to a new city. I got an apartment for us, and he moved in a few weeks after I did. A few days after he moved in, strange stuff started happening. The bathroom that led off our bedroom would turn the fan on and off even with no one there. It would do it pretty often, and we thought that maybe it was just a faulty switch, or the neighbor did it. Then the water faucet would turn on and off. OK, we still figured it was the apartment. Then, the TV in our bedroom started coming on at night. That was quite strange, but still... not really a big deal.

We didn't last very long in that apartment, not because of those reasons but it just wasn't working out. So we moved to the complete other end of the country and stayed with my mom for a bit while our old house was on the market and not selling. (Yeah, chaotic time.) For a few months, nothing happened. Then the computer in our room started turning on in the middle of the night, out of nowhere. Every night, right around midnight. It would scare the bejesus out of me. We checked to see if it was a sleep function or something - no. Unless it was unplugged, it would turn on. I could even "will it" to turn on sometimes, by daring it to - yeah, smart of me, I know. Then it would sometimes turn off. We mostly ignored it.

We moved again when our house sold. For a few months, nothing happened in our new house. And then, all of the sudden, it started happening again. (These were all different electronics, mind, not the same ones.) If we had a TV in our bedroom, it would come on at night when we were asleep. We moved it out of the room. Finally, one night, at about 3 am, the stereo downstairs in the living room came on full blast. (We never turned it that high.) My husband was the one who checked it out and turned it off. It just gave me the creeps.

I hadn't been Catholic since I was a child, but I was so freaked out I hung crucifixes in every room of the house and put several Virgin Mary statues up, and even went to church for a few months. The electronics never came on again in the middle of the night, although recently I've been worried (why?) that they might. I just had this feeling that "it" was back, and that I might want to bring the crucifixes back out. My husband thinks it's silly. We're both religious but not Catholic.

So... might he have brought the gray-dress "ghost" with him and it then just followed him/us around?

Could it be a turning on electronics random energy?

Could it be demonic? I don't know if I even believe in them, but I don't want to tempt reality by saying I don't, you know?

Prayer seems to be more powerful than it, whatever it is, but... it's still weird.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 04:33 AM

859 posts, read 705,742 times
This situation is difficult to get it. because, we need to answer the question that say: If u live in a place that has ghosts as example , is it really possible to follow people when they move to a new place and why? what's the purpose?
I usually watch such idea in Horror movies. It's not sth impossible. but I wonder if there is such situation, and why?
The thing that came to my mind IMMEDIATELY when I read the beginning of your story is that your husband was TOO MUCH UNCMOFORTABLE for his a new situation. To live alone after separated. And that's why he could see annoying things. like nightmares. This is really could happen. Maybe but It's not necessarily that the apartment that he lived in originally had ghosts.
Maybe he lived alone in that apartment for a long period of time like several months or years so that be affected by Loneliness and annoying thoughts.

In addition, Have you noticed something ?
I noticed from your story that your husband when he lived in the apartment didn't see such things that u mentioned ( computer turning on , switch ...etc ).
Only he keeps seeing a lady in a gray dress standing over him watching him sleep at night. nothing else.
If u said that your husband still keeps seeing this thing at night even when and he moved to a new place, it could possible to say that there is a relationship between these events, but u didn't say anything of this.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:09 AM

I too think they are separate issues. The ghost (as he calls it) didn't appear again. It (the things turning on) just all started soon after that time. And yes, he definitely heard/saw the fan and water etc. we even joked about it. It wasn't really creepy until the things started coming on at night after our moves. They would always wait a few months until they started up. I don't watch horror movies so I wouldn't know lol.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:22 AM

732 posts, read 968,697 times
When he used to see the woman in the gray dress, did he wake up then see her or did he only see her when he was asleep? Did all of that paranormal activity start with the woman in the gray dress or did he ever have other paranormal experiences prior? Has he ever had a near death experience/died and been revived?

Old 07-01-2014, 07:15 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Sleepwalking anyone?

Old 07-01-2014, 09:34 AM

Nope...

Old 07-01-2014, 03:50 PM

69 posts, read 140,492 times
When you were separated initially (when he was having the nightmares) did he ever dabble with any kind of occult activity? You say he's superstitious. Can you elaborate on this? Were you both raised Catholic, or just you? Did either of you ever renounce your Catholic faith? Did either of you renounce Christianity in general? When you were separated, did he engage in any particularly sinful behavior that he wasn't doing before? I notice your name, Zenapple. Are you into Buddhism?

I'm asking all these nosy questions because it does indeed sound like what is known as "demonic oppression". Demons can and do latch onto people and follow them. Some invitation always precedes it, extended by you or someone close to you. But normally there is an invitation that causes it. These things don't happen out of thin air. Invitations include occult practices, turning away from Christ, sin, turmoil in the home (alcoholism, violence, addictions) and curses upon you inflicted by others.

The indication that it is demonic is that you (temporarily) turned back to your Catholic roots and that put an end to the occurrences. If you don't stick with it, the occurrences will happen again, and they'll most likely be worse. I'm not just blowing smoke. I've had two bad encounters with the wicked ones. What they are afraid of is Jesus, and Catholic sacramentals (holy water, rosaries, crucifixes). Both times when I was attacked, it was immediately after I returned to Jesus after straying. I go to confession and Mass regularly now and haven't had any problems since.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:27 PM

96 posts, read 105,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenapple View Post
My husband and I separated briefly a few years ago, and he went to live in an apartment while I stayed in our house. We ended up getting back together and fully reconciling, but it had been a pretty bad time for him. He kept saying that he had had a recurring.... nightmare? Vision? of a lady in a gray dress standing over him watching him sleep in his apartment. He's not a big ghost/paranormal person, although he's a bit superstitious, and not easily spooked either, but this vision kept recurring while he was in the apartment. She had black holes where her eyes should be, and she would often be very close to his face when he woke up, or else standing in his closet. She never did anything to him, but wasn't a pleasant sight.

He didn't tell me this, though, until quite some time afterwards, but that's just for background.

So we decided when we got back together that we would start anew in a new place. I packed up my stuff and moved to a new city. I got an apartment for us, and he moved in a few weeks after I did. A few days after he moved in, strange stuff started happening. The bathroom that led off our bedroom would turn the fan on and off even with no one there. It would do it pretty often, and we thought that maybe it was just a faulty switch, or the neighbor did it. Then the water faucet would turn on and off. OK, we still figured it was the apartment. Then, the TV in our bedroom started coming on at night. That was quite strange, but still... not really a big deal.

We didn't last very long in that apartment, not because of those reasons but it just wasn't working out. So we moved to the complete other end of the country and stayed with my mom for a bit while our old house was on the market and not selling. (Yeah, chaotic time.) For a few months, nothing happened. Then the computer in our room started turning on in the middle of the night, out of nowhere. Every night, right around midnight. It would scare the bejesus out of me. We checked to see if it was a sleep function or something - no. Unless it was unplugged, it would turn on. I could even "will it" to turn on sometimes, by daring it to - yeah, smart of me, I know. Then it would sometimes turn off. We mostly ignored it.

We moved again when our house sold. For a few months, nothing happened in our new house. And then, all of the sudden, it started happening again. (These were all different electronics, mind, not the same ones.) If we had a TV in our bedroom, it would come on at night when we were asleep. We moved it out of the room. Finally, one night, at about 3 am, the stereo downstairs in the living room came on full blast. (We never turned it that high.) My husband was the one who checked it out and turned it off. It just gave me the creeps.

I hadn't been Catholic since I was a child, but I was so freaked out I hung crucifixes in every room of the house and put several Virgin Mary statues up, and even went to church for a few months. The electronics never came on again in the middle of the night, although recently I've been worried (why?) that they might. I just had this feeling that "it" was back, and that I might want to bring the crucifixes back out. My husband thinks it's silly. We're both religious but not Catholic.

So... might he have brought the gray-dress "ghost" with him and it then just followed him/us around?

Could it be a turning on electronics random energy?

Could it be demonic? I don't know if I even believe in them, but I don't want to tempt reality by saying I don't, you know?

Prayer seems to be more powerful than it, whatever it is, but... it's still weird.

Thoughts?
Place white candles and light them at night, carefully to avoid fire.
You are haunted by demons (invisible energy parasites)

These dark beings are afraid of fire candles

need to clean the apartment of parasites

throw out old unwanted things.

It is a curse on you, no one did not send?

in general can make a copper hoop, from a piece of wire to solder the ends of the tin and put on his head.

This is the most basic protection. Kings in the Middle Ages wore crowns of silver and gold, they protected them from the curse.

copper hoop can also defend when magnetic storms are.
there are many ways to protect against demons.

Okay, I need to work, I live on another continent.

Good luck and do not get sick!

Old 07-02-2014, 04:17 AM

859 posts, read 705,742 times
Quote:
I too think they are separate issues. The ghost (as he calls it) didn't
appear again. It (the things turning on) just all started soon after that time.
And yes, he definitely heard/saw the fan and water etc. we even joked about
it. It wasn't really creepy until the things started coming on at night after
our moves. They would always wait a few months until they started up. I don't
watch horror movies so I wouldn't know lol.
Your husband needs to expels that idea from his mind. even if he definitely heard/saw the fan and water.... etc.
Then I think it will not happen again and every thing will be OK.
If you keep thinking about any idea. As you say to the fact unintentionally :Be again and again and again.
some times a human himself can explain what had happened (even if its unusual thing) and why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal