Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 09:22 PM

605 posts, read 867,163 times

Advertisements

I used to read the horoscopes, still do occasionally, then I worked with a spiritual astrologer and found some things to be right on.
Lately, when I read my horoscopes, they're right on.

Hoax or facts?

Old 12-20-2007, 10:06 PM

638 posts, read 2,281,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBNorCal View Post
I used to read the horoscopes, still do occasionally, then I worked with a spiritual astrologer and found some things to be right on.
Lately, when I read my horoscopes, they're right on.

Hoax or facts?
What horoscopes are you reading? The stuff in newspapers/magazines that says "For the month of January, a Pisces should..." is a load of crap. They are nothing but entertainment.

My grandmother used to do astrology charts in the LA area, including some for movie stars. She was actually a very psychic person, and could tell a person's sign within a few seconds of meeting them. If astrology was a "hoax" she could never have done this with such accuracy. I have many of her old books and scribblings, there is a definite science there, although it's not accepted by official scientists. Metaphysics means "beyond physics", or something that physics alone cannot explain. Remember, in the sixteenth century Galileo was still dropping balls from the tower of Pisa, trying to work out bugs with the gravity thing. It is not as if we know everything, there is still so much we have to understand.

I know you are on the "believer" side, but just for fun some day find out every one in your office's sun sign. That alone is often enough to start making observations with. The Virgos will be on the bossy side, will organize everything, and may be so organized and detail oriented they drive everyone nuts. The Cancers will be the touchy-feelies who everyone goes to when they need a mom or an empathetic ear. The Leos will be very charismatic, and love it when its their turn to give a presentation, or when the boss compliments them. Very quickly you will start to make comparisons that will allow you to say "That person is a fire sign" and soon you will be able to even pin down which one. I suggest going to the bookstore and buy the astrology book with the fewest drawings and photos and the most text. I have noticed that so many books out today have big pretty pictures of a scorpion next to Scorpio, but the actual content is so lacking. Goodavage, if its still available. An ephemeris too.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:25 PM

Good info--thanks I believe in astrology, that is why I am asking what others thought. When I gave my birthdate and time to this woman, it worked for me.
No, I don't read the 'crap" in any Hollywood- type magazines. It seems when I give my exact birthdate and time - these things are right on. I was also told that the day we were born the alignment of the planets start an ongoing so to speak aura or whatever you want to call it as your life goes on every day through the full moons, the half moons, the days, seasons--is this true???

Old 12-21-2007, 05:44 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,272,325 times
Morning Glory,

Oh what fun, love your one sentence characterization of the different sun signs. Can you do one for all the rest? I've found over the years that knowing them has been helpful in my dealing with people.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:55 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,143,570 times
Without getting too technical I believe that people born on certain dates have very distinctive traits.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:58 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,386,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
Without getting too technical I believe that people born on certain dates have very distinctive traits.
Really? Sometimes I think that astrology makes some kind of sense, too. But then I think of the thousands upon thousands of people who were born on similar dates. Some of them must have completely different sets of traits.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Really? Sometimes I think that astrology makes some kind of sense, too. But then I think of the thousands upon thousands of people who were born on similar dates. Some of them must have completely different sets of traits.
Interesting point! A childhood friend and I were born 8 minutes apart, and we are total opposites in regards to personality. Going by astrological signs is absurd except in instances where one fits the 'type' as posted by pp.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:45 PM

The whole point is that astrology influences people. They still have their own free will. That's why identical twins are so different. All I said was that over time, observing a certain sign, one would notice similarities.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBNorCal View Post
Good info--thanks I believe in astrology, that is why I am asking what others thought. When I gave my birthdate and time to this woman, it worked for me.
No, I don't read the 'crap" in any Hollywood- type magazines. It seems when I give my exact birthdate and time - these things are right on. I was also told that the day we were born the alignment of the planets start an ongoing so to speak aura or whatever you want to call it as your life goes on every day through the full moons, the half moons, the days, seasons--is this true???
I don't know about the aura -like thing. The way I understand it, it's as if you are imprinted upon birth. I don't quite understand how any of it affects you as you go through life other than the sun, rising, and moon signs having a major effect on personality and idiosyncrasies. I have read that if Jupiter is in X sign then people with that sunsign will be affected in a positive or negative manner, but I have never had the time or energy to get that into it. I would guess if you google "Astrology Forum" you might find some interesting sights....

Old 12-22-2007, 10:08 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,647,425 times
i think it may actually be considered an ancient science (like math and astronomy). the daily horoscopes are a hoax/waste of time but reading about the different sun signs various personality traits is usually dead on and if it's not then you need to also take into account the person's moon sign.
you can learn a lot about yourself and others (why you/they are the way you/they are) with astrology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal