Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 06:34 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,816,710 times

Advertisements

The monk part is right anyway and Italy. ( I think because I picked-up on no emotion pretty early.. I also have Italy in my background but it's way back there)) The book was probably written in "secret" anyway because they were not to marry and have children. Whoever this was, wanted to start perfection. ( no flaws) and create the ultimate. I also think if the book was found, it would have repercussions/consequences.

It's more of a diary, really.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 11-27-2014 at 06:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 05:36 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,527,065 times
I'm interested in knowing more about this now, but don't know what books are most reliable. Going through amazon it appears that the VM has attracted a certain amount of attention from the fringe. Needless the drawing and script have been subjected to much debate, my own opinions would be little more than uninformed speculation, but I do see how it's plausible that the VM is authentic. The only thing that makes me suspicious is the one character with the flourish, which seems rather inefficient in comparison to all the other characters.

Hopefully something will eventually come to light, as happened a few years ago with new Gothic text being found - although just a few lines.

Old 11-30-2014, 01:54 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,958,125 times
The most recent hypothesis (AFAIK) is that it originated in Mexico, and is written in an extinct dialect of Nahuatl:

Mexican plants could break code on gibberish manuscript - life - 03 February 2014 - New Scientist

Here's another article:

Has the Voynich manuscript been decoded? First words of mysterious 15th century text revealed | Daily Mail Online

Old 12-02-2014, 01:59 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,527,065 times
Thank you for posting those articles. This led me to "transcribe" a page of the manuscript by assigning a similar looking letter to each, except for what to me look like connected "c"s which I transcribed with "cc". The latter is clearly predominates, in some case is accented (?), and sometimes has some relevance to what I to myself refer to as the "three capital letters". I will have to go through a few more pages to get a fuller picture but it's not difficult to see certain "rules" and patterns, but at the same time it seems somewhat simple/basic. One thing that came to mind was that it's a "made up" writing for recording an oral language - as has been done with the Inuit. I have not read much on the VM so I assume that such a thing may have been proposed. Also it seems to me that this is a 15 to 20 character alphabet, and after some searching there are interesting results with "16-letter alphabet" that have me thinking maybe the Caucasus are a better candidate. There does seem to be a slight similarity to Georgian and given what has gone on in the region it kind of fits with the while catastrophic loss theory. Again, this is speculation, and I assume that all of this has been considered by "the experts" already.

blue (?) flower in VM:
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci...uscrito033.jpg

blue flower from Caucasus (imagine having bloomed a little more):
Blooming of blue mountain alpine flower, Caucasus mountain nature stock photo 49744688 - iStock

Old 12-02-2014, 10:10 PM

I had a thought in the back of my brain ( at first) on this manuscript and when I pulled this thread up again it came forward... so.. I wanted to express it. This manuscript could represent a diagram for a good or precious/selected groups of goods contained in these bottles. ( I don't know the correct word) but peddling goods to an individual or a merchant, perhaps.

Since the botany is not found, it would be a clever to "trick" someone into believing these plants were harvested by selected top people ( who were chosen out of zodiac) with these wonder plants to create a miracle "cure" in bottles ( for sale). There is emphasis on the colon or the small intestinal tract for purification or detox. That is where I got the "fertility" feel in my first post. It could be along the lines if infertility as well..

I really think this may be a possibility. Miracle cures.. miracle cure cultures, miracle people for a price in a bottle. It very well could be some type of catalog for a miracle product.

As Ken S. said, the 20 word alphabet is different... so there more emphasis on the pictures ( from my perspective). It's kind of along these lines.. ( I'll find a picture and post)

Old 12-02-2014, 10:23 PM

Old 12-02-2014, 10:32 PM

Also, that would back up my theory on the "no emotion" because it's a catalog. ( of sorts) including the HISTORY of these plants, when the plants were harvested/ chosen people harvesting these plants, then detoxed through ingestion, and then placed in a bottle for sale. The bottles in the index are notated with stars to the left, which are also the stars throughout the book. Those little stars are meant to be these ----> * ***

example * Nancy Pisces harvested this plant on A full Moon ( When the sun was in Virgo and the moon was a new moon ) of this date____________ Bottle #___

It could almost be along the line of a farmers almanac as well. ( without the true definition of a farmers almanac because I don't see any indication of weather-- unless the individual is going on a predicted weather pattern by the sun, moon and stars or the zodiac for creating the VIBRANCY of plants in the first place, and perhaps even the plants themselves.) The vibrancy and health of the plants are emphasized in bold with vibrant color.. Since there is also the zodiac for the chosen males as well as the chosen females, this may include a hint of fertility or a cure-all for infertility.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 12-02-2014 at 11:02 PM..

Old 12-02-2014, 11:10 PM

Before Prohibition: Images from the preprohibition era

Old 12-02-2014, 11:21 PM

Another idea: Pesticides for sale..

The picture below is a poisonous plant to livestock, humans and wildlife on the USDA site but is similar to a couple of plants in this book... because the plants are off in the book and cannot be identified so he /she (author) may have been trying to find the property of poisonous plants for a cure-all and making them for sale.

Natural and managed plant communities contain plants that are poisonous to livestock, wildlife and humans. These toxic plants or their seeds may also be harvested with grains and forages, resulting in contamination of feeds and food. The risk of poisoning from toxic plants interferes with the optimum use of ranges, pastures and contaminated feeds and food.

Poisonous Plant Research : News & Events

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 12-02-2014 at 11:36 PM..

Old 12-03-2014, 01:22 PM

http://krollweb.free.fr/VAMPIRES_fichiers/image004.jpg ..

Also this is still on my brain.. but I AM wondering if this pertains to accused witches/vampires after being impaled. Maybe this is a homepathic cure-all to bring a loved one back, that was innocent. More of a chant in the words used.. it seems
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal