Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 10:45 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times

Advertisements

Last night, while walking my pet, I laid down in the grass, about 3am, and I enjoy just looking up at the sky. Nowadays, you don't know what those bright lights out in the sky are, a late night plane, a satellite?

I spotted this white light, way off, and kept my eye on it, for some time, and the light would suddenly veer off in one direct or another, and always return to the same spot. One time it did a U-turn, and I saw a red light as well. I observed this for over a half-hour, and on my way back to the house, I kept my eye on this bright light, again, darting off here, or there, and always returning to the same space.

Anyone have any idea of what I could have seen last night? Do satellites do this? I know, full well, it wasn't a plane or a helicopter, as a helicopter can't fly that far out in space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 11:16 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,878,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
...I know, full well, it wasn't a plane or a helicopter, as a helicopter can't fly that far out in space.
What makes you think it was "out in space?" You have no way of judging the distance.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:09 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Would a helicopter appear as a bright light while moving off in different directions then returning to its starting point? How would one explain the bright light? An air craft of any description would have direction lights that are bright and those would change direction for it change position.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Would a helicopter appear as a bright light while moving off in different directions then returning to its starting point? How would one explain the bright light? An air craft of any description would have direction lights that are bright and those would change direction for it change position.
The phrase "...I saw a red light as well..." is further evidence of traditional aircraft. The port (left) side of an aircraft must have a red navigation light.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:28 AM

290 posts, read 259,238 times
Look. I don't want to be a proverbial spoiler. But I have to say this.

I have known amateur astronomers who have looked at the sky every night for 30 years. They tell me that they still see amazing stuff that ends up having an explanation. When you add artificial lights to stars, clouds etc it's astonishing what can seem to appear. I've seen it myself. Where I live if the sun sets in the right way at a curve in the road it can look as if thousands of disks are flying across the sky. What it is is a reflection of car headlights as cars turn across the road. It is an amazing effect. It needs the exact time and clouds etc to happen. In 20 years I've seen it happen in my backyard only twice. If I told you at that time that the sky is covered in UFOs you would believe me.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:45 AM

We have Nellis Air Force Base here in Las Vegas, maybe they had something to do with it!

Old 06-25-2015, 04:34 AM

I just got back from my walk at 3:30am, and not only is that same object up in the sky, but there's another one to the south, a fair distance, and they're both behaving the same, veering off herr and there, and even doing curlicues, and always returning to the same spot.

There was a party of 3, illegally using the community pool this morning, and I all but directed this woman to look up in the sky as a witness to what I was seeing. She doesn't know what they are either, although she brought up the Area 51/Rachel NV topic, an alien sighting are of NV.

She told me she once spotted a green light, in the sky, darting very rapidly, here and there. Now that would be cool to watch!

I'm going to be watching the sky more carefully now, and I'm curious to see if those same objects/lights are up there again next week.

There's got to be a solution to this puzzle. I wish I had a telescope!

Old 06-25-2015, 12:15 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,301,245 times
Add your observations to so many other unexplained phenomena people have been reporting over the years.

For some reason the government & military disregard/minimize civilian reports of mysterious lights in the sky. I've read so much on the topic over the years, drawing from observation & experience, and convinced without a doubt that our govt has info about extra-terrestrial and/or military matters, but wisely insulates the gen population from that info.

I have never seen anything in the sky that I couldn't identify, but a few reputable, credible family members of mine have. Including phenomena at/near two US Air Force bases.

When I was in the military I was trained in top secret data analysis, and on one of our computer programs we had access to search ANYTHING top secret. So just for fun during a free moment in our training class, I searched anything related to UFOs, aliens, extra-terrestrials....and the result I got back told me that I needed special authorization to access that information. So the information is apparently there, it's just highly classified!

I told my instructor what I searched for, and what the result was. She was speechless, as in, she had never thought to search for such information before, and was surprised that there is such information in the database.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
...She told me she once spotted a green light, in the sky, darting very rapidly, here and there...
That's the green navigation light on the starboard (right) side of an aircraft.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:59 PM

3,974 posts, read 5,167,864 times
Perhaps the military is performing some top secret drone tests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal