Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 11:44 PM

290 posts, read 259,769 times

Advertisements

Hello
I would not regard myself as a psychic. However I have had two experiences that after many decades of research I regard as genuine paranormal [ for want of a better word] experiences.

Now that I am middle aged [ ick ] I have to think that if something happens my experiences might be lost. I would like to find a formal organisation or archive and donate an account of my experiences in a form that I choose. It could be essay, video, drawing etc. I would like to stipulate the condition that the archive is free to make my donation public only when I cross over. Whenever that is. I absolutely feel that my experiences do contribute to the big questions of what reality is [ planes, matrix, illusion etc] and what the place is in it of a human person.

So I did the usual research to find an archive for me. I tried a major psychic society. I submitted a 3000 word essay. I've mentioned that in an earlier thread. They seemed to be more into ghosts etc which my main experience wasn't about at all. So that avenue went cold. I looked at other groups such as Freemasons and Theosophy societies. But they seem to offer no archive element. I am looking for a group or person who can approach my experiences in a mature fashion. You don't have to agree with it all. But tacky attempts to impose a materialist, reductionist agenda will be frowned upon. If you are going to say "your mind was playing tricks" then that doesn't cut it. Because I can assure you that it wasn't; I covered that and 20 other possibilities in my essay.

I am aware of how absolutely shocking my archive would be for some people. They would go "what? you can't be serious? You experienced that??" But I get no happiness from shocking people. I would prefer people to see the archive who are not as easily shocked by experiences.

I will finish my saying what I said in the essay. I do not take, and have never taken, drugs of any type whatsoever. In fact I was forced to sign a form in 2000 for a surgical procedure. It asked about drugs etc and I answered no to all of it. As far as I am concerned that is better than a lie machine test.

Maybe my experiences will go to the grave with me. That would be very sad in my opinion. Because when I submitted my essay the people in the psychic research group had been studying paranormal stuff for 30 to 40 years. They said that they had never seen a submission like the one that I did. It's not an achievement or anything. Just saying. I believe that my experience which I have not written about on these forums is rare. I will never meet anyone who has had it.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 03:12 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,688,398 times
I would love to read about your experiences.
You can always write a book.
I have had -too many to count- experiences and sychronicities throughout my life time that if I wrote a book about it, people would think that it is pure fiction.
It's on the to do list to write a book about my life and these events. Not as a formal document, but by telling my story.
My father who also had an eventful life (part of which IS documented in a published book) and he taped his bio on a reel to reel. Only because that's all there was at the time. Today we have YouTube and computers that can record everything.

My husband did a video series, they were veteran's stories, but just the same, it is documentation and they leave their legacy for others to view/hear.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:03 PM

I appreciate your support. Thank you!

Old 06-25-2015, 10:34 PM

6,986 posts, read 6,909,763 times
My attitude to this is (for myself, not saying that you should do this) that we all have something valuable to give back to society in one way or another. We have all had experiences which would enrich the overall collective if they were available 'somewhere'.

However, the problem I see is cataloging and indexing these experiences so that they can be found by others. There are many way to tell others what we have learned. Yes, books, Youtube, articles, all these kind of things, but the difficulty is matching up the information wanter with the information provider - if you get what I mean.

I think it is just luck or Divine Guidance, depending on your belief system whether we find useful information and my belief is that everyone would be far, far better off if things were indexed and properly catalogued. Not only would we be able to find information if we were looking for it, we would also be able to cross-check information given to us by the authorities. That would mean they would find it more difficult to lie to us.

From a philosophical viewpoint, I dont think anything experienced by anyone is lost and it is all available to anyone who is able to access this universal record of events, however that is easier said than done.

In the past few years, we already have The Disclosure Project in which many military and service personnel have shared their experiences with the world. It is more of an "ET is/has been here" kind-of project which I dont know if that is what you are looking for, but it provides a method to get these experiences out into the public view rather than be hidden from sight by the military secretive types.

I also think it is always worth running our stories by some knowledgable people (not necessarily military or official folks) first, before we take the final plunge to publish them in some form or another. This will give us a heads-up in case what we have seen/experienced is one of the many black projects using our public money to keep secrets from us. If so then our experiences may take on a more serious note and may indicate more caution when publicising them.

If I were you, I would go on and publish them yourself in some form or another so that people who are interested can read them. Unfortunately in this day and age, it seems to me not many people are very interested in first-hand accounts of experiences because we have had so many fakes and liars just trying to make a name for themselves and I think people have become rather cynical. What does not help this march of cynical thinking, is the psyops guys trying to limit damage for their undercover stuff which has been seen out in the open.

The above is just my rather strange view on things. Take it or leave it, as you like. :-)

Old 06-25-2015, 10:37 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,408,735 times
A "psychic" legacy? - No such thing.

Old 06-25-2015, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
A "psychic" legacy? - No such thing.
Maybe in your reality.....

Old 06-26-2015, 06:55 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,229,184 times
You mean leave a psychic legacy such as this?

Sylvia Browne: Dead Psychic's Legacy Riddled With Failed Predictions, Fraud

Quote:
When celebrity psychic Sylvia Browne died Nov. 20 at the age of 77, it marked the end of a career of immense fame marked by inaccurate predictions -- including one she made about her own death.
Sylvia Browne: Dead Psychic's Legacy Riddled With Failed Predictions, Fraud

If the OP is great at predicting "shocking" things it should be no problem (once they come true) to interest a publishing house/film maker to document for posterities sake...

If on the other hand the OP is ignored, NFN but it's easy to write an essay on what one says one predicted in the past but that is called a fantasy...

Last edited by plwhit; 06-26-2015 at 07:03 PM..

Old 06-26-2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
If the OP is great at predicting "shocking" things......
The OP never mentioned predictions. There are other kinds of psychic experiences.

Old 06-27-2015, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
The OP never mentioned predictions. There are other kinds of psychic experiences.
There are no predictions of any sort.

There is no point saying what it is here. I'd need to make drawings.

Old 06-28-2015, 04:14 AM

6,986 posts, read 6,909,763 times
Silent Hynotist - I am not sure that this forum is the best place for your report since it is not a good way to get things 'out there' for everyone to see. People tend to read, note it, and then pass on and forget.

What do you want people to do when they read what you have to say?
What is the end result you have in mind?

I have (what I think) is some fairly good evidence for life on Mars but folks are probably fed up with this kind of thing, so I have decided to place it on a website of my own and add to it when I get more evidence. That way, I can satisfy my own interest and if anyone comes across it and thinks it is useful then great, otherwise it is just my interest.

Same thing in general with alien abductions, ghosts, etc. To my mind, I see no-one really taking much of an interest in these things any more so I feel than we all have to persue these investigations on our own and maybe, just maybe, one day it will be recognised as worthwhile.

Otherwise we will be thought of as eccentrics who had obsessions about X(insert my obsession here). Call me cynical if you like, but thats how I see it. I think it is better to do it as a hobby and then it wont eat away at us and become that obsessive behaviour which folks look at, and call us names. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal