Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 01:05 AM

400 posts, read 498,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
The thing with Roswell is that these super advanced aliens who travelled across our galaxy from some point, faster than the speed of light, only to crash here on earth. It just doesn't seem to add up.
They could have forgotten to slam on the brakes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 03:27 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina S View Post
They could have forgotten to slam on the brakes
Fell asleep behind the wheel! It was a long trip.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:59 AM

1,683 posts, read 811,803 times
quote:
Chase Brandon, an agent who served 25 years with the CIA, recently claimed that information relating to the crash had been concealed in a hidden vault within the agency's Langley headquarters.
'It was not a weather balloon - it was what people first reported,' he said. 'It was a craft that did not come from this planet.'
[LEFT]
Read more: Roswell incident: There were TWO UFO crashes at Roswell, says former Air Force official | Daily Mail Online

(or maybe he was texting or looking at the gps on his iPhone while flying... yuk-yuk-yuk)
[/LEFT]

Old 07-10-2015, 06:51 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
quote:
Chase Brandon, an agent who served 25 years with the CIA, recently claimed that information relating to the crash had been concealed in a hidden vault within the agency's Langley headquarters.
'It was not a weather balloon - it was what people first reported,' he said. 'It was a craft that did not come from this planet.'
[LEFT]
Read more: Roswell incident: There were TWO UFO crashes at Roswell, says former Air Force official | Daily Mail Online

(or maybe he was texting or looking at the gps on his iPhone while flying... yuk-yuk-yuk)
[/LEFT]
*sigh*...this again about this "Chase Brandon" scammer. CIA wasn't even existent at the time of the supposed Roswell UFO crash (1947). There was no CIA.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:49 AM

So you obviously didn't click on it or read the article.

It didn't claim there was a CIA in '47 or that he was in the CIA in '47.

quote:
an agent who served 25 years with the CIA

See the difference? His 25 year tenure obviously spanned a timeline sometime AFTER '47.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:08 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
So you obviously didn't click on it or read the article.

It didn't claim there was a CIA in '47 or that he was in the CIA in '47.

quote:
an agent who served 25 years with the CIA

See the difference? His 25 year tenure obviously spanned a timeline sometime AFTER '47.
The article only mentioned Brandon in passing, it's not relevant. But your text refered to him although I couldn't figure out if you were quoting a different poster or not, the format was off.
But clearly, if he saw an evidence box of Roswell in a secret CIA file room (and the only thing we really know about Brandon is that he was a government laison with Hollywood and not really some secret agent/James Bond-type man) then one would question the logic of why or how CIA has these files dating from before it's existence. One would also question why they would allow who is basically a desk jockey Governmant Publicity Agent into a secret file CIA room. The air force has it's own intelligence services.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:20 PM

None of which means "nothing" happened at Roswell.

The bigger question is not "Roswell" anyway... it's "is there life in other parts of the universe?" I happen to be of the viewpoint based on hearing all sides, that there indeed was a Roswell coverup and that crash remains were hauled off to Wright-Patt ASAP... and... that life does exist outside this planet elsewhere in the universe.

Then again, I'm not a r******** fundamentalist, so the thought of life in places other than earth doesn't upset me.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:48 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
None of which means "nothing" happened at Roswell.

The bigger question is not "Roswell" anyway... it's "is there life in other parts of the universe?" I happen to be of the viewpoint based on hearing all sides, that there indeed was a Roswell coverup and that crash remains were hauled off to Wright-Patt ASAP... and... that life does exist outside this planet elsewhere in the universe.

Then again, I'm not a r******** fundamentalist, so the thought of life in places other than earth doesn't upset me.
But the OP IS about Roswell which couldn't possibly be anything other than the crash site of a bunch of drunk alien college kiddies on their version of spring break...

Please don't hijack threads...

Old 07-10-2015, 11:50 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
I don't think anything particularly spectacular happened a Roswell. That's because I think there is a tendency to create myths out of anything and everything and because I don't think it's even possible for advanced extraterrestrials to reach us from their home planets. Are their even advanced extraterrestrials out there? I would say it's quite possible. But have they come to earth? Well, there are strange accounts in ancient legends, including the bible. Like in Ezekiel but that would be a topic of another thread.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:55 AM

1,959 posts, read 3,102,059 times
I did extensive research on the Roswell incident and I believe it did occur. I live in southern NM. Read the book "The Day After Roswell". Also read the book "The Aztec Incident": it is a well researched book about the little known UFO crash in Aztec NM. People I know who are older and lived in Roswell are adamant that the UFO crash did occur there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal