Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 04:49 PM

97 posts, read 91,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
I can't believe, if it WAS a balloon, that no parts of the wreckage were preserved, so that it MIGHT be conclusive.
Why would the military want to preserve a wrecked crashed top secret spy balloon for ?

If anything you'd expect them to get rid of the Moghul wreckage pretty sharpish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 05:29 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,366,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klambo View Post
Why would the military want to preserve a wrecked crashed top secret spy balloon for ?

If anything you'd expect them to get rid of the Moghul wreckage pretty sharpish.
Agreed! It's a great cover story! Bulletproof!

I have a particular issue with dummies being mistaken for life forms. That's my particular beef with this newer explanation. C'mon ... Really?

Old 07-31-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
I have a particular issue with dummies being mistaken for life forms. That's my particular beef with this newer explanation. C'mon ... Really?
I think you have to view the dummies claims in context with the time frames that the "alleged" alien bodies claims were made.
Those alien body claims were made 30-40 years after the Roswell incident, the dummies were in use only 5 years after Roswell.
I suspect that any genuine witnesses to these crashes of top secret experiments would only have a long distance view of proceedings, and at that distance perhaps they did mistake dummies for aliens.

Old 08-01-2015, 09:15 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
I love when reading threads like this one you see concrete accredited facts bandied about such as:

~ I spoke with someone who......

~ Someone said.....

~ Bring up a person whose testimony cannot be corroborated.....

~ I heard it from....

~ A number of military officials began to speak out...

Decades have gone by with hundreds if not thousands of people either going on site, using FOIA, interviewing "eye witnesses" and not once has anything credible and provable has been uncovered (except for what I mentioned above)...

Old 08-17-2015, 09:40 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I love when reading threads like this one you see concrete accredited facts bandied about such as:

~ I spoke with someone who......

~ Someone said.....

~ Bring up a person whose testimony cannot be corroborated.....

~ I heard it from....

~ A number of military officials began to speak out...

Decades have gone by with hundreds if not thousands of people either going on site, using FOIA, interviewing "eye witnesses" and not once has anything credible and provable has been uncovered (except for what I mentioned above)...

What would be considered proof in your eyes then? Debris from the crash site?

The testimony of 2 people can put someone in jail, don't be so quick to always dismiss testimony from so many people. They aren't gaining anything by speaking out.

Old 08-17-2015, 10:31 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,899,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
What would be considered proof in your eyes then? Debris from the crash site?

The testimony of 2 people can put someone in jail, don't be so quick to always dismiss testimony from so many people. They aren't gaining anything by speaking out.
Well, not really....
You mean testimony under oath, in a court of law, with a chance for cross-examination and comparison against other physical evidence.

By speaking out on things that are false or extremely exaggerated they do often gain, at least in there eyes - ego, attention, the illusion of self-importance, a chance to become famous (if only for a few minutes), many times for financial gain (the CIA guy wrote a book, others might receive compensation for an interview), maybe it helps them get laid.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:57 AM

1,185 posts, read 804,713 times
The thing is that there were people (ranchers) who were there before the military claiming that there were some creatures from the wreckage and the materials from the craft was strange. Now if that was just a simple high alt weather balloon being tested, why would the military have sent such a strong force to quarantine the area and threaten people?

Mogul was a classified project but to even go to the extent of using deadly force?

One should know that when it comes to matter of possible extraterrestrial crafts or events, the official policy of the Air Force by training is to deny. The disinformation tactics (for whatever reason the Govt has) is also very powerful.

There are several similar events and all of them although there were credible witnesses were denied by the Govt. Rendalsham Forest, Keksburgh UFO, etc all were denied.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
The thing is that there were people (ranchers) who were there before the military claiming that there were some creatures from the wreckage and the materials from the craft was strange.
Asgardian, the only claims of ETs in the wrekage came some 40 years after the event.

Quote:
Now if that was just a simple high alt weather balloon being tested, why would the military have sent such a strong force to quarantine the area and threaten people?

Mogul was a classified project but to even go to the extent of using deadly force?

But Moghul wasn't a high altitude weather baloon, it was to detect any Soviet atomic bomb tests.

It was a clasified top secret project, it would be quite normal for the US millitary to protect it secrets with deadly force if necessary, especially as we are talking about possible nuclear warfare with the Soviet Union...... who may have at that time have more advanced or bigger nuclear arms than the US.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:22 PM

1,185 posts, read 804,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klambo View Post
Asgardian, the only claims of ETs in the wrekage came some 40 years after the event.

But Moghul wasn't a high altitude weather baloon, it was to detect any Soviet atomic bomb tests.

It was a clasified top secret project, it would be quite normal for the US millitary to protect it secrets with deadly force if necessary, especially as we are talking about possible nuclear warfare with the Soviet Union...... who may have at that time have more advanced or bigger nuclear arms than the US.
The Air Force did change their official position on this one from flying saucer to weather balloon.

Fact is that any information of the sort will be denied and never spoken of.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:37 PM

Quote:
The Air Force did change their official position on this one from flying saucer to weather balloon.

Fact is that any information of the sort will be denied and never spoken of.
Yes they changed their story to a weather baloon..........but that WASN'T what Moghul was..........and the air force are hardly going to let it be publicly known that what came down at Roswell was a secret Soviet bomb test detector.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal