Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 10:07 PM

133 posts, read 221,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
This is interesting and if you could post audio to youtube, or facebook you might find someone who can translate, but I would suspect you just need to figure out what tribe originates in texas

History of Katy | City Of Katy, TX

looks like Karankawa Indian tribes

I'm sure you can find audio samples of their language but it would be better if you can reach out to someone and let them hear your audio

please keep us posted as you learn more, it's fascinating.
I have found so far that the Karankawa Indian Tribe spoke an isolate language in which is harder to track or translate. It is extinct today. According to Wikipedia. There two tribes associated with the language spoken - Coahuiltecan and Tonkawa Tribe. There is one report of a man by the name of Enrique Gonzalez of Brownville , 65 yrs of age who claims to be the last gene of the tribe. The Brownville Herald article states that they doubt that he is but he claims to know the language spoken.
I'm not sure how my Son came to know this dialect but is sure seems strange. I really don't know what to tell his physician. They find it very odd as well. I think it may be possible that he is a special 1% that Indians may find unknown themselves. I do know the Karankawa Indians were wiped out by attack of settlers in 1858. So maybe there remains are still scattered all over parts of Houston, Katy, Galveston and Mexico. Since this is a language they spoke in this region only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 12:46 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
You can find different methods online for cleansing the energy in your home...some will smudge with sage or other incense, others will use oils or whatever especially appeals to them.

This is my method, which I used whenever I moved to a new place: Start with a clean house. Open the windows. Start in the back of the house and sweep the old energy out of the house...use a broom if that helps you picture it, just sweep above the floor rather than the floor itself. If you have kids or family members who would want to join in, they can follow you, making noise to chase out the negative energy (toy instruments or your son's chanting would be useful here). Sweep all that bad stuff out the front door. Then mix some salt, hot pepper, and any spices that you're inclined to use (I usually add sage to this mix, rather than smudging with it because I can't stand the smell). Start at your front door and go around the house clockwise, sprinkling a small amount of your mixture around the edge of the foundation and across the doorways. Picture a strong protective field growing up around your house and sealing anything negative out. The next part is only if you're feeling hassled by unwanted visitors...take a small glass jar and fill it with salt and sharp things, like thumbtacks or thorns. Seal the jar, knot a string around the neck of the jar 9 times, thinking with each knot about what you're wanting to achieve. Dig a small hole in the yard and plant the jar so the mouth of the jar faces away from the front door. I think the goal of chasing out negative energy and then sealing it out are the important parts, the ritual and it's props (broom, noise, salt, etc.) are just a way of focusing your energy to do what you need it to do. So any method of cleansing your house's energy that feels like it especially appeals to you will be enough.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:23 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfur View Post
I have found so far that the Karankawa Indian Tribe spoke an isolate language in which is harder to track or translate. It is extinct today. According to Wikipedia. There two tribes associated with the language spoken - Coahuiltecan and Tonkawa Tribe. There is one report of a man by the name of Enrique Gonzalez of Brownville , 65 yrs of age who claims to be the last gene of the tribe. The Brownville Herald article states that they doubt that he is but he claims to know the language spoken.
I'm not sure how my Son came to know this dialect but is sure seems strange. I really don't know what to tell his physician. They find it very odd as well. I think it may be possible that he is a special 1% that Indians may find unknown themselves. I do know the Karankawa Indians were wiped out by attack of settlers in 1858. So maybe there remains are still scattered all over parts of Houston, Katy, Galveston and Mexico. Since this is a language they spoke in this region only.

The house I grew up in was in Michigan. I recently came across an old abstract my mother had made when she bought the house. Its difficult to tell from the abstract, but there were Indian sites around there. I wouldn't doubt also Indian burial grounds.When I get the time and money, I intend to have the abstract analyzed by a local historian. Too many weird things happened there to be coincidence.

Insofar as the house we looked at tonight, well, I researched it some more. Seems houses on the same block recently sold for ~ $250--$300K. Then why is this house being practically given away? Asking price started at $175K, now is 164K. And, like the OP pointed out, those crosses are expensive. I have a few picked up here and there, but I would estimate there were at least 100 crosses in this house. They all looked about the same age and style, meaning they were probably bought about the same time. That's a LOT of money to spend at once. If anything, that's a lot of holes to spackle in once they leave. Somebody's afraid of something there

WTH---we're not planning to make an offer until about next Apr--May, we're currently renting, we have plenty of time to house-hunt. Maybe next time I will take along one of my cats, see how he reacts---no joke! I have one cat in particular who has hissed and growled at---nothing---until I saw the Shadow Man.

Well, time to go nite nite!

Old 09-24-2015, 06:00 AM

194 posts, read 238,023 times
Quote:
it's a cleanse of your house. Smudge refers to burning something like frankincense or sage and waft the smoke throughout the house. sea salt in the corners helps to protect also.
Exactly. Do some research on it. It WILL help, you just might have to do it more than once, but a smudge stick lasts a really long time. I suggest White Sage and Sweet Grass.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:11 AM

194 posts, read 238,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
You can find different methods online for cleansing the energy in your home...some will smudge with sage or other incense, others will use oils or whatever especially appeals to them.

This is my method, which I used whenever I moved to a new place: Start with a clean house. Open the windows. Start in the back of the house and sweep the old energy out of the house...use a broom if that helps you picture it, just sweep above the floor rather than the floor itself. If you have kids or family members who would want to join in, they can follow you, making noise to chase out the negative energy (toy instruments or your son's chanting would be useful here). Sweep all that bad stuff out the front door. Then mix some salt, hot pepper, and any spices that you're inclined to use (I usually add sage to this mix, rather than smudging with it because I can't stand the smell). Start at your front door and go around the house clockwise, sprinkling a small amount of your mixture around the edge of the foundation and across the doorways. Picture a strong protective field growing up around your house and sealing anything negative out. The next part is only if you're feeling hassled by unwanted visitors...take a small glass jar and fill it with salt and sharp things, like thumbtacks or thorns. Seal the jar, knot a string around the neck of the jar 9 times, thinking with each knot about what you're wanting to achieve. Dig a small hole in the yard and plant the jar so the mouth of the jar faces away from the front door. I think the goal of chasing out negative energy and then sealing it out are the important parts, the ritual and it's props (broom, noise, salt, etc.) are just a way of focusing your energy to do what you need it to do. So any method of cleansing your house's energy that feels like it especially appeals to you will be enough.
This is great advice as well!

They also make sage sprays that are just as effective, if you cannot handle the smell of the smoke. I LOVE the smell, it's so earthy and just makes you feel good.

Everyone is different, and any method you feel is right WILL work, there is no wrong way to do this! And it is great to get the whole household involved.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:21 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,770,670 times
The Karankawa language is extinct and hasn't been spoken in over 150 years. There are some words that have been preserved however. Have you tried to match them to what your son is saying? This is quite interesting.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:06 AM

11 posts, read 11,617 times
MOVE OUT OF THERE NOW!!!

This is scary. Wow.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:42 AM

11,129 posts, read 9,764,095 times
OP, I don't mean to be insulting, but I would definitely report these issues to my doctor and ask for a neurological exam if they happened to me. Visual, auditory, and even olfactory (smells) hallucinations can be symptoms of physical problems with the brain and nerves. Many people report smells or sensations prior to seizures, or have visual disturbances prior to migraines, etc. Since they seem to happen in the last three homes you've lived in, I would guess that the common denominator is YOU. I don't mean at all to say that you are "crazy" or that you are "imagining" these things. Neurological issues can cause you to see/hear these things just as if they are physically there. Video or audio recorders, however, can not record something that is a hallucination, so you might try to record some of these happenings.

Last edited by TheShadow; 09-24-2015 at 11:53 AM..

Old 09-24-2015, 11:56 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Quote:
it's a cleanse of your house. Smudge refers to burning something like frankincense or sage and waft the smoke throughout the house. sea salt in the corners helps to protect also.
Salt across window sills and external doorways as well.
Salt after smudging, and smudge from the back of the house to the front in a clockwise direction.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:21 PM

133 posts, read 221,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
OP, I don't mean to be insulting, but I would definitely report these issues to my doctor and ask for a neurological exam if they happened to me. Visual, auditory, and even olfactory (smells) hallucinations can be symptoms of physical problems with the brain and nerves. Many people report smells or sensations prior to seizures, or have visual disturbances prior to migraines, etc. Since they seem to happen in the last three homes you've lived in, I would guess that the common denominator is YOU. I don't mean at all to say that you are "crazy" or that you are "imagining" these things. Neurological issues can cause you to see/hear these things just as if they are physically there. Video or audio recorders, however, can not record something that is a hallucination, so you might try to record some of these happenings.
Thank you for your opinion. I would not doubt that anyone is crazy that can see things, hear things, feel things and report it. The funny thing about that is the world needs people like us to tell them what is there that they can not see. So, neurological explanations found on Wikipedia for seeing double or deja-vu seems to have been investigated by Doctor's who seem to still at this point not be able to link it to a neurological disorder. The common denominator is that I have a sensory factor that senses whatever should not be there. I have lived at peaceful locations in which nothing happened there- no spirits- no visions of double images. I did not expect to see anything when I decided to move and relocate to other places. In this case I am crazy for expecting others to understand my situation because that's they way life is. But, I guess the Priest is crazy for going in a house to bless a home and he also see's beings. Also the paranormal team that can't catch it on camera but were physically harmed or even died. . . and so on and so on. We would like an explanation for all of it but don't always have one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal