Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2016, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 720 times

Advertisements

I had a dream, and it plays out in my as a premonition but hard to really tell if it was a coincidence or an actual psychic dream...

I specifically remember walking along a waterfront. about half way there it was a bright sepia color. I could see the ripples in the water, the wind blowing through the trees, but I felt nothing. I was really calm. I am guessing sepia is a summer color ( Ill explain why). On the way back it was black and white. I noticed a floating dock, and I was curious about where it lead, and I continued down the wooden bridge like structure and seen something floating in the water. I thought it was a bag. As I turned it over, I seen a mans face. I still was calm. he was face down and I when turned him over he resembled the strong features of Bruno from Popeye... a week later, in the same waterfront, a man was found capsized face down beside his boat. (The father to the woman I babysat for.) I met a man who looked like the man floating in the water (my ex's step father.) ... Both in the summer ...

What are the odds that two people can be linked to the same dream but not know each other?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 07:00 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,684,874 times
Dreams are always "weird". I often dream my deceased grandparents, telling me "I didn't really die", or something like that. I wake up with a sad feeling. I have mixed opinions about dreams meanings, but I often dream the same people (that I know very well, they're friends of mine) multiple times, but somehow they act cold in the dream, they don't do what I want, they don't seem happy to please me.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:26 AM

1,394 posts, read 1,260,247 times
I have come to the conclusion that my dreams are random, meaningless nonsense. However i will admit they are always negative and that worries me. And right now my waking life isn.t so rosy either. Sorry to vent today.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:32 AM

11,136 posts, read 9,769,935 times
I think the fact that the drowned man's face in the dream resembled Bruno, from Popeye, is your dream's way of saying that he was a boater or "sailorman" like Popeye. That tracks with the fact that the deceased was found drowned near his boat. Did you know that your babysitting client's dad was missing prior to the dream? I have had prophetic dreams, (see thread "psychic stories" for one), and it is not until the real life experience happens that I realize that the dream was seeing something about to happen and not just another goofy dream.

Old 05-22-2016, 12:22 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,907 times
I am going to guess its a coincidence, mainly because the person in your dream had no strong identity for you initially. If the dream were a psychic premonition I would think you would have known right off who that dead person was.

Look around at people when you are out and about and I suspect you will see a good number of men who resemble Bruno from Popeye. A big man with dark hair and a beard is not a rare creature.

On the bright side, one could say its good you had no strong identity to go along with the person in your dream. If it was a premonition, what would you do with the information?

Say to him, "Hey fella - one day your boat will capsize and you are going to drown!"?

He will think you are crazy. The community will think you are strange if he tells anyone about it. If it does happen, and word gets out, people will not want to be around you.

Another option is to keep quiet about it, but then you might assume some guilt for not warning the person.

Reality is everyone you know is going to die somehow and at some time, and no one needs any special abilities to accept that as a fact.

Be happy it is still an unknown for you. You have no guilt over it, and have a nice ghost story to tell around the campfire, at night, while roasting marshmallows with your family and friends.

Last edited by ConeyGirl52; 05-22-2016 at 12:39 PM..

Old 05-31-2016, 11:30 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,003,702 times
I have a strange dream to share, first of all I'm one of a set of triplets, myself, my brother and my sister. The night of August 24th 1985 (why can I remember the date, it will become apparent) I had this dream of my brother walking down this country road, he was wearing a red plaid shirt and jeans with his jacket thrown over one shoulder, the road was lined with trees. When I got up that morning I had this sense of sadness the was almost overwhelming. The next morning I was telling my wife of the dream, then my sister called and told me that she had this strange dream about our brother, I told her that I also had a dream about him, she started to tell me of her dream, it was the exact same dream I had right down to the color of his shirt, she said that she thinks that something happened to him, she also had this overwhelming sense of sadness. I made a phone call to my brother and his friend said that he didn't come home last night and hasn't showed up for work. Later that day I get a call from the sheriff department telling me that my brother had been killed in a motorcycle accident yesterday evening. The clothes he was wearing were the same clothing I saw him in the dream, the date of his accident was August 24th, 1985.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal