Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 12:42 PM

3 posts, read 2,639 times

Advertisements

The Illuminati is one of the world's most famous secret organizations. Their rumored membership includes many public figures. So, what do we know about the Illuminati?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDB11ekugBg

ENJOY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 10:51 PM

2,081 posts, read 5,597,423 times
As much as we know about white teeth.

Old 03-27-2016, 04:41 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
They are just rich businessmen nothing more.

Old 03-27-2016, 04:49 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
They are just rich businessmen nothing more.
but why do all these rich businessmen belong to organisations like the Masonic order.and such.

Old 03-27-2016, 01:17 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
but why do all these rich businessmen belong to organisations like the Masonic order.and such.
It's networking. Keep things within 'the club'.
This is the same as if someone is new to an area and they join a church or other social group. If someone needs a house to rent, it's much easier to find one when you 'know someone'.
As the saying goes- it all about who you know. To get to know these people, one has to join the club.

Old 03-27-2016, 01:29 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Can an organization be "famous" and "secret" at the same time? Doesn't one cancel out the other?

Old 03-27-2016, 01:47 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
I was a grad student at the University of Virginia in the mid 1970s. There were about 10 active undergrad secret societies then, there are about 18 active now by my count:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret...ty_of_Virginia

Always seemed kind of goofy to me. But as OwlKaMyst points out, it's a networking thing. When a member of the Seven Society died, the bell in the rotunda would be run seven times. No one knew who the living members were. They would leave letters at the foot of Jefferson's statue in the rotunda containing donations to the University, always in sevens: $777.77, $7777.77, and so on.

A fellow graduate student and I were returning across the campus from hanging out at the bars on the Corner, and we walked past the door of the room where the Jefferson Literary and Debating Society has held its meetings since 1825. One of the drunken undergrads came out and invited us in for free beer. We went in, and they were all dressed in sports jackets and ties, and roaring drunk Their facilitator was banging his gavel on the podium, asking for order. He was drunk, too. I didn't particularly see the value to it (there wasn't any real debating or literature happening), beyond being a place where the scions of old Virginia families could get to know each other for future networking purposes (like when they run for congress).

I suspect little has changed on campus, other than the secret societies now being multiethnic and composed of Wahooettes as well as Wahoos. I suspect adult groups like the "Illuminati" and Masonic Order serve the same purpose for their members today, and there's likely very little sinister going on in them. At least we hope so ...

Old 03-27-2016, 10:53 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I suspect little has changed on campus, other than the secret societies now being multiethnic and composed of Wahooettes as well as Wahoos. I suspect adult groups like the "Illuminati" and Masonic Order serve the same purpose for their members today, and there's likely very little sinister going on in them. At least we hope so ...
Little has changed. A friend of mine joined the Freemasons. He had no high school diploma. They encouraged him to get it and did the legwork to get him enrolled. A year later he was asked if he would be interested in...and told that they would back him in an election for the county sheriff.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:42 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
It's networking. Keep things within 'the club'.
This is the same as if someone is new to an area and they join a church or other social group. If someone needs a house to rent, it's much easier to find one when you 'know someone'.
As the saying goes- it all about who you know. To get to know these people, one has to join the club.
I think it might be a lot more than that though..... a long read but interesting.. I have to read it all yet myself..

Why are Royal families freemasons and templars Has anyone visited Roslyn Chapel in Midlothian...this is a very strange place... Ive been twice and felt something strange inside the church.. Going down to the crypt I tried to start an almost new camera which had a slide shutter and it jammed, as if sand was inside it.. but Id only taken other photos at the front of the church and it was fine.... I looked over to my hubby and said about the camera.., he motioned for me to look at his watch that he d got for a Xmas present and it had stopped too... then a foreign tourist that saw me looking at my camera came over asking if my camera had stopped as his very expensive one had too.. , strange or coincidence? but this place has old masonic templar markings all over the walls, and has very strange history too... I think its much more than a club.. http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/s...in-castle.html

Last edited by dizzybint; 03-28-2016 at 12:56 AM..

Old 03-28-2016, 02:34 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post

Why are Royal families freemasons and templars
Some of our earliest presidents were freemasons, brought to the US by English settlers.

United States Presidents and The Illuminati / Masonic Power Structure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal