Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 01:42 AM

7 posts, read 8,950 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone.

When I was younger, (I'd say 13 or 14) I got a brand new Ouija board. My friends & I used it a few times. It never moved on it's own (when no one was near it) or anything like that. But it did move when we had our finger tips on it. My friends were the same age as me so they may have moved it. Or maybe it did move on its own- I don't know. Anyway, after a month or 2, a faint blue-green small perfect circle appeared on the back of the board. It wasn't a marker or a pen....or pencil. No paint. When you touched it, you couldn't feel any indent in it like a pen would make. It was as smooth as the back of a board game is. It was almost like it got worn out in that one spot. It got darker and darker over the next month then another one started to form and it overlapped the other one. It started faint like the first one but got darker. At this point, I stopped using the board. My friend & I were really afraid of it. I showed a few of my neighbors and they told me some stories that didn't make me feel better but they never had something appear on the back of their boards.
Soon, a third circle formed on the back of the board and overlapped the second one. After that, I was afraid to keep it in our apartment! So I took it to my Dads house and he threw it away. I never got another one and never will.
I tried to tell someone about it after I got rid of it and they pretty much thought I was crazy. But I wasn't the only one who saw it! Any explanation is welcome but I do know for sure that no one else did it. My friend wasn't alone with it and the only other person that lived in the apartment was my Mom. And she wouldn't do anything like that. Thanks for reading and sorry it's so long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 05:25 AM

997 posts, read 937,346 times
The Ouija board is a low tool. It attracts or stimulates lower energy, which can cause big problems. If you are playing a dangerous game without protection then anything can happen. In my opinion a scary incident is usually meant to scare you away. It is to discourage you from playing with fire. I have no doubt that experience could have happened.

I played with the Ouija board when I was a kid with no problems. It was a game, like Chutes and Ladders. Later I had a very frightening experience with another low tool and it opened a door that can't be shut. I didn't mean to do anything and since my earlier experiences were so mild, I had no fear. I didn't even believe in 'spirits'. The consequences are not dependent on a belief system and there were consequences.

I have never heard of dots before but I have no doubt that there could be dots. That sounds mild, yet effective.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:27 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
This is a fairly common topic on this forum. I think using the ouija board really depends on whether you have a strong energy field and whether you know how to protect yourself and your energy fields.

It is rather like walking through a rough neighbourhood - if you are street-wise and know how to act and defend yourself, then the aura you give off will be one of confidence and self-assureness. You will not attract those who prey on weak and vulnerable individuals. If however you are afraid to be amongst the more unruly members of society, then it is probably best not to venture into that part of town.

Of course, you will see and experience muggings and shootings if you stay there long enough but that is now normal for those areas and you must expect to experience that close up when you frequent those places.

If you dont want to experience that kind of stuff, then stay away from that part of town - simple as that. If you want to see what it is like, then walk down the street and experience for yourself what happens there.

A wasp is just a wasp and will sting you if it is threatened or angry. Just dont blame anyone else for merely being the way they are.

Old 11-01-2016, 11:17 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Does anyone know of a YouTube video in which something authentic really happened that wasn't phonied up for the sake of getting views? I'd love to watch that video. Here's one that appears to be real but who knows (advance timeline to 10:00 minutes):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcDiFAdGAoE

Old 11-01-2016, 11:34 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
The Ouija board is a low tool. It attracts or stimulates lower energy, which can cause big problems. If you are playing a dangerous game without protection then anything can happen. In my opinion a scary incident is usually meant to scare you away. It is to discourage you from playing with fire. I have no doubt that experience could have happened.

I played with the Ouija board when I was a kid with no problems. It was a game, like Chutes and Ladders. Later I had a very frightening experience with another low tool and it opened a door that can't be shut. I didn't mean to do anything and since my earlier experiences were so mild, I had no fear. I didn't even believe in 'spirits'. The consequences are not dependent on a belief system and there were consequences.

I have never heard of dots before but I have no doubt that there could be dots. That sounds mild, yet effective.

What you've posted in probably the biggest reason I have never, and will never, 'mess with' a Ouija board. My mom always believed in spirits and taught me to not do anything that might open a door for a malevolent one to enter. I do have a story though and it proves that a board doesn't always have to be 'evil' but can be good as well.

When I was kid there was a family we knew really well and the 'granddad' of the family was Granddad to all the kids. He was blind but still used a Ouija board and had his daughter read what it spelled out. So, my dad was in our hometown because my granddad was in the hospital. We lived in California at the time. My little sister was killed in an auto accident the day my dad was supposed to come home. Somehow this 'info' got to that Ouija board and HE informed the family. Dad was already on his way home and they even called the highway patrol to try and catch him so he wouldn't get home totally unaware of what was going on. They didn't catch up with him though. So, maybe 'some' good things can come from a board but I'm not going to check it out.

Old 11-02-2016, 12:03 AM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post

"a low tool" - I would agree completely with this. I received one as a Christmas gift from my parents. They thought I'd like it. I was always psychic, according to them, and they thought this would make a great Christmas gift. It didn't work when I tried it with my siblings. Later in the day when my cousins arrived, I tried it with a cousin with whom I am particularly close. It zoomed around the board as if propelled by a motor!

My parents, grandparents, (both sides) aunts and uncles asked questions about things that happened in the past - from address numbers to nicknames of long dead relatives, to the names of a great aunt's three cats.

It was RIGHT. About everything.

And my parents were right - I loved my new gift......but not for long. It turned against us.

I have written quite a bit about the Ouija board and my past experiences on City Data. It was fun in the beginning, then it quickly went downhill.

The spirit board attracts low vibrating spirits from the astral plane. It can also attract non human entities. Evil spirits who are looking for a home.

I have taught a course in adult education that deals with this. Most people are seekers and just want to know the basics of types of hauntings, witches, Tarot, and the Ouija board.

The Ouija board always comes up. Here is what I tell them.

The Ouija board is a tool that attracts low level spirits. When you use it, you open a door. And that door. once opened, is not easily closed.

Here is an analogy that I have used with my students.

Imagine that you live in a large apartment building in a large city. You are leaving for work, and you some how, in your rush, forget to close the front door.

Other people are also leaving for work.

Most neighbors see the open door and leave. It's none of their business. They have to get to work. And maybe the door is open for a reason. They have things to do and places to go to. They are probably most people. And most spirits.

A good neighbor notices that your door has been left open. They call your name and realize that it was a mistake and that you are not home. This person closes it, and informs the building superintendent.

A neighbor who is not of as high moral character, was always curious what your apartment looked like. She walks around, goes through your stuff. Reads your diary, shuts the door and leaves.

Another neighbor is even worse. They notice that the door is open and they enter. They notice your jewelry box and take a few things. They see an attractive figurine and slip it in their pocket.
You have been robbed.

Then there is another neighbor. He has always been fascinated with you. And he isn't particularly happy. He's angry because he is being evicted. This person enters the apartment. He notices that you have a pet cat. He throws it out of the window. He sees a picture of you and your significant other. He does the same. He sees a can of spray paint and covers your walls with profanity.

Then he decides to wait for you to return...

OK. Most entities and spirits who come through, fall into the last three categories. They want to violate you, hurt you, and hopefully find a happier person to control, or perhaps possess.

That is the best analogy that I can give.

These spirits are miserable. They want a home. Your house - or your body will work. Normal people do NOT INVADE other people homes, minds, bodies, hearts and spirits. They don't want your things. They have their own.

And yes, they CAN come up with trivia. They can be funny. They can impersonate dead loved ones. ANYTHING to draw you in.

I like to say, the Sociopaths of the Spirit World.

Old 11-02-2016, 05:34 AM

997 posts, read 937,346 times
Lower spirits will lie and tell you anything you want to know. They will tell you things that nobody could know, your guilty secrets and shame, the immediate future. That is to demonstrate that they 'have powers'...They tell you the truth, they predict the future and gain your trust...Then they make up all kinds of stories and feed you full of nonsense. Since they told the truth about where your grandmothers wedding ring is, then they must be telling the truth about what goes on in the spirit world..Then you believe all kinds of nonsense, and it is nonsense with a bit of truth thrown in.

Pretty soon you are enmeshed in the stories and lies and you aren't living in the real world. This is what I commonly see. The techniques might be useful that you are taught, but the stories and myths surrounding that are not. They are stories and myths. Ouija board chanelling often develops into mental or verbal channeling and then Boo Boo from the planet Jellystone is speaking through you and saying all kinds of nonsense about the flora and fauna of Jellystone planet. Before you know it, you are making Youtube videos...

Old 11-02-2016, 02:44 PM

181 posts, read 138,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
"a low tool" - I would agree completely with this. I received one as a Christmas gift from my parents. They thought I'd like it. I was always psychic, according to them, and they thought this would make a great Christmas gift. It didn't work when I tried it with my siblings. Later in the day when my cousins arrived, I tried it with a cousin with whom I am particularly close. It zoomed around the board as if propelled by a motor!

My parents, grandparents, (both sides) aunts and uncles asked questions about things that happened in the past - from address numbers to nicknames of long dead relatives, to the names of a great aunt's three cats.

It was RIGHT. About everything.

And my parents were right - I loved my new gift......but not for long. It turned against us.

I have written quite a bit about the Ouija board and my past experiences on City Data. It was fun in the beginning, then it quickly went downhill.

The spirit board attracts low vibrating spirits from the astral plane. It can also attract non human entities. Evil spirits who are looking for a home.

I have taught a course in adult education that deals with this. Most people are seekers and just want to know the basics of types of hauntings, witches, Tarot, and the Ouija board.

The Ouija board always comes up. Here is what I tell them.

The Ouija board is a tool that attracts low level spirits. When you use it, you open a door. And that door. once opened, is not easily closed.

Here is an analogy that I have used with my students.

Imagine that you live in a large apartment building in a large city. You are leaving for work, and you some how, in your rush, forget to close the front door.

Other people are also leaving for work.

Most neighbors see the open door and leave. It's none of their business. They have to get to work. And maybe the door is open for a reason. They have things to do and places to go to. They are probably most people. And most spirits.

A good neighbor notices that your door has been left open. They call your name and realize that it was a mistake and that you are not home. This person closes it, and informs the building superintendent.

A neighbor who is not of as high moral character, was always curious what your apartment looked like. She walks around, goes through your stuff. Reads your diary, shuts the door and leaves.

Another neighbor is even worse. They notice that the door is open and they enter. They notice your jewelry box and take a few things. They see an attractive figurine and slip it in their pocket.
You have been robbed.

Then there is another neighbor. He has always been fascinated with you. And he isn't particularly happy. He's angry because he is being evicted. This person enters the apartment. He notices that you have a pet cat. He throws it out of the window. He sees a picture of you and your significant other. He does the same. He sees a can of spray paint and covers your walls with profanity.

Then he decides to wait for you to return...

OK. Most entities and spirits who come through, fall into the last three categories. They want to violate you, hurt you, and hopefully find a happier person to control, or perhaps possess.

That is the best analogy that I can give.

These spirits are miserable. They want a home. Your house - or your body will work. Normal people do NOT INVADE other people homes, minds, bodies, hearts and spirits. They don't want your things. They have their own.

And yes, they CAN come up with trivia. They can be funny. They can impersonate dead loved ones. ANYTHING to draw you in.

I like to say, the Sociopaths of the Spirit World.

I have a very creepy neighbor that I would like you to trade places with.

Old 11-02-2016, 06:17 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabamarose View Post
I have a very creepy neighbor that I would like you to trade places with.

Lol! Where do you live and why? What are these neighbors up to?

Old 11-03-2016, 11:23 AM

181 posts, read 138,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Lol! Where do you live and why? What are these neighbors up to?
I live in the city. I like cities. But when you live in places where there are lots of people there is always going to be at least one creepy person. And based on what you wrote you sound like you would be a really nice neighbor. Anyone with a creepy neighbor would want to trade the creep for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal