Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 03:10 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,039,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstelm View Post
burn it with fire.

regular old any way you make it fire. When ever you make it fire. where ever it is safe to make a fire.

No special treatment

burn it with fire

ps. basically just treat it without regard. smash it to bits and have it thrown in a dump.

do you humanely deal with a mosquito? even if its on your child's face?

fire?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 03:42 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,531,444 times
Personally, I would deal with it according to my spiritual beliefs and not his or anyone elses beliefs. We are fortunate in having (Native American) tribal elders that we can go to and ask for advice, but bottom line is I would get it out of the house pronto.

No disrespect to my pagan friends, nor the Christians here, but my family and home come second to no one. It's buh-bye to the Buddha!

Old 07-12-2017, 03:50 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,051,679 times
From your brief story it's pretty clear the guy wasn't using the stuff for benign purposes, and IMHO that means it's just "stuff," not consecrated or otherwise 'blessed' items used in positive rituals.

As if like a crucifix was used to stab someone...

If nobody wanted it I'd toss. Get it out of the house.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:53 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,640,837 times
I would pack all of it up and send it back to him. His stuff, his problem.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:55 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,051,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
I would pack all of it up and send it back to him. His stuff, his problem.
I could be wrong but I think the guy is unable to receive mail/packages right now.

Old 07-13-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
I could be wrong but I think the guy is unable to receive mail/packages right now.
OP wrote "He is in a facility, and can't accommodate all this stuff. The Buddha maybe."
So there must be a mailing address and the OP can send the stuff back to the owner. Perhaps the facility managers will store it for him until he is released. And if not, at least the OP is rid of it.

Old 07-13-2017, 12:58 PM

248 posts, read 803,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
OP wrote "He is in a facility, and can't accommodate all this stuff. The Buddha maybe."
So there must be a mailing address and the OP can send the stuff back to the owner. Perhaps the facility managers will store it for him until he is released. And if not, at least the OP is rid of it.
That's what I would do, and If by chance the facility sent it back, I would either drop it off at a Goodwill, bury it or sink it in a lake far from my house.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:02 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,669,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejhere View Post

Where are Samantha and Endora when you REALLY need them???

This is an emergency, calling Dr. Bombay, emergency, come right away!!
Witch here....

You have nothing to fear from these items at all. Seriously. You are cultivating a paranoia that is totally unwarranted. I know... there are probably witches that would disagree with me, however, I have been at this for damn near a half century. 'Occult' is a scary word to some, but its definition is 'hidden knowledge'...and such knowledge is no longer hidden- astrology, Jewish Mysticism, Hermetics and the like. Occult has nothing to do with demons, malicious spirits or any such thing. It is actually 'spiritism' that deals with entities.

Physical objects are just objects and they are only for setting one's intention and keeping focused.

I do not think he is all that crazy, maybe a little, but my spicy senses feel that he is having a bit of an identity crisis... send him the statue that he wants, as it sounds like a coveted item with some history. Would be a shame for that to get lost in a landfill.

If you have not disposed of the items yet, I would be happy to take them off your hands. I will even pay for postage.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:14 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,880,115 times
I feel like I went to sleep in 2017 and woke up in 1692 reading this thread.

The concept of evil witches and witchcraft went out with Witch Master Generals, burnings at the stake, and the Salem Witch Trial. Basically the Dark Ages.

Wicca on the other hand is a pagan/new age religion that has nothing to do with Satanism or even really the supernatural. I am not a follower but it has gained some legitimacy. If this guy was not creating a legitimate and thus benevolent wiccan alter (then you can treat with respect), than he was just doing silly stuff he learned from some horror movie (then you can simply dump it in the trash).

Old 07-13-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd714 View Post
i feel like i went to sleep in 2017 and woke up in 1692 reading this thread.

the concept of evil witches and witchcraft went out with witch master generals, burnings at the stake, and the salem witch trial. Basically the dark ages.

Wicca on the other hand is a pagan/new age religion that has nothing to do with satanism or even really the supernatural. I am not a follower but it has gained some legitimacy. If this guy was not creating a legitimate and thus benevolent wiccan alter (then you can treat with respect), than he was just doing silly stuff he learned from some horror movie (then you can simply dump it in the trash).
"Party like it's 1699"

https://youtu.be/lOfZLb33uCg

Last edited by CatTX; 07-13-2017 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: forgot link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal