Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 06:50 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
^ That pretty well sums up all you need to know about the Warrens.
I've defended the Warrens in the past and belief in they're experiences, that said, I think it throws shade on their life's work and legitimacy. But then for all we know that $5.99 might go to charity. Maybe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2018, 12:58 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I've defended the Warrens in the past and belief in they're experiences, that said, I think it throws shade on their life's work and legitimacy. But then for all we know that $5.99 might go to charity. Maybe?
I am impressed by our optimism, though I advise you never to attend an Amway meeting.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I am impressed by our optimism, though I advise you never to attend an Amway meeting.
I'll keep that in mind.

"People don't turn down money, it's what seperates us from the animals."
Jerry Seinfeld

Old 08-18-2018, 11:57 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Wow, I see a whole lot of people on here who are willing to work for no money.

No?

Then why should anyone else give things for free when you guys dont?

Ultimately, it is our choice who we give our money to and where we place our 'energy' in this world.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:57 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
I believe in the Warrens as well, I read something on them long ago and it really impressed me, but when I saw this vampire coffin in their collection of stuff, I did a double take, I cant recall ever hearing them talk about vampires or them being real.

I cannot think of the guys name, I believe he had connections to the Warrens, I know he is an ex priest, but I did listen to a lecture he gave, and he was talking about vampires, and werewolves, and how these things really do exist, but they are not what we assume them to be, it ALL has a demonic origin, demons can manifest in any form they like, so appearing like a vampire or werewolf would be possible, especially since demons know that people know what these things are.

Old 08-20-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I believe in the Warrens as well.
" I believe in the doc! "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHboMLW-Zn0

Old 08-30-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I believe in the Warrens as well, I read something on them long ago and it really impressed me, but when I saw this vampire coffin in their collection of stuff, I did a double take, I cant recall ever hearing them talk about vampires or them being real.

I cannot think of the guys name, I believe he had connections to the Warrens, I know he is an ex priest, but I did listen to a lecture he gave, and he was talking about vampires, and werewolves, and how these things really do exist, but they are not what we assume them to be, it ALL has a demonic origin, demons can manifest in any form they like, so appearing like a vampire or werewolf would be possible, especially since demons know that people know what these things are.
What strikes me as questionable; not so much they charge a fee , and what the Warrens do with their monies none of my business. But why anyone with their past experience, writings and religious beliefs about demonic entities... would have what's been deemed 'demonic' in their basement. For show and a fee.

Last edited by virgode; 08-30-2018 at 08:28 AM..

Old 09-01-2018, 09:46 PM

24,116 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
I have defended them before, as well. I do not believe everything that they believe - I am far from a conservative traditionalist Catholic and I'm more spiritually eclectic in general.

However, I do not think they are frauds, nor do I doubt their sincerity.

Old 09-02-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I have defended them before, as well. I do not believe everything that they believe - I am far from a conservative traditionalist Catholic and I'm more spiritually eclectic in general.

However, I do not think they are frauds, nor do I doubt their sincerity.
I don't believe experiences they've written of to be false, ( or didnt) but have an issue with what appears to me to be a contradiction.

Heres the latest update on their museum.

[I]The Occult Museum is closed due to zoning regulations we are seeking a new location for the museum[/i]

This is from museum online site in regards to Annabelle:

One of their most famous artifacts – The Annabelle Doll will be on exhibit. Annabelle is believed to be responsible for the death of an individual who came in to contact with it.. This doll also reportedly slashed a grown man several times across the chest,.She terrorized a family for months until the Warrens and a an Episcopal priest were called in and an exorcism was performed. Although Annabelle has been exorcised several times it is believed that some energy is still attached to this doll.

Warrens are devout Catholics; we know Ed was trained in demonolgy through the church. Does a glass case, the one Annabelles enclosed in keep the demonic remaining energy away?

Something here isnt passing my sniff test.

Old 09-04-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Warrens are devout Catholics; we know Ed was trained in demonolgy through the church.
No, he wasn't. Every "priest" they ever worked with were either non-Catholic or schismatic. Nothing about the Warrens was ever officially sanctioned by the Church. They sometimes claimed they were, but this is only another example of their … um, "inventive" relationship with the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal