Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe?
Yes 116 69.46%
No 51 30.54%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 10:16 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,280,058 times

Advertisements

For many years I used to not believe in ghosts and dismissed people who were into paranormal. Then one day I had an encounter, not just visually but, actually felt the freakin spirit's presence. I felt a freezing cold, fog-breathing, heavy, and powerful presence that permeated the entire room. The thing had red eyes and could have done some real damage if it wanted to. Yup, the universe is more complex than we'll ever know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2020, 10:27 PM

329 posts, read 225,266 times
I don't know if a dead person can actually come back as a ghost. I do believe in residual energy (trapped energy of past events, often traumatic ones) that may appear to be "ghosts."

Old 05-13-2020, 01:56 AM

1,938 posts, read 703,106 times
Well it is Wednesday the 13th! Which doesn't mean anything but here goes:

We had some weird things going on at work in our office. I'd be sitting at my cubicle and it sounded like
someone was coming into the office, I'd say, "hey" and start to get up to see who it was and - it was no one.
The door would open a bit and there was no cross-draft. It happened more than once. Some co-workers
were sitting near the office door late one night during their shift. They said the door opened slowly and then
slammed against the wall fast. No one came in. One night, two co-workers heard someone walk by in the
hall and it sounded like they had a key ring on. They could hear the keys jingling. They wondered who else
was working the late shift so they ran out into the hall. No one got on the elevator and no one was in the stairwell.

Another time I was alone in the office and had the tv on. I don't know why but I just happened to look down at
the cable box. The cable wire started bobbing up and down like someone was tugging it. Very strange. Another time I returned to the office from being on another floor and found the door locked. I knocked.
A co-worker who was a big guy unlocked it and had a scared look on his face. I said, "Why did you lock the door?" He said he heard someone come in, it sounded like they bumped into a cubicle and he assumed it was me. It was no one.

Other strange noises too and weird stories from people who occupied an office on the same floor as us. I
never really felt "scared" and I'm inclined to think it's a friendly type ghost who was just looking for attention.

Old 05-13-2020, 05:43 AM

5,452 posts, read 4,054,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
I do remember the story about the mother yelling for help...
That was eerie, but true??

I heard a similar story. A couple was driving a deserted winding mountain road late at night and saw a naked woman by the side of the road. They were freaked out but didn't stop, fearing a trap of some kind. They stopped as soon as possible and called police. They went back to the same area, no woman. One of the cops couldn't get it out of his mind, went back looking around, way down a ravine off the side of the road was a car, not visible from the road. Strapped in was a woman driver, died on impact, and a small child, still alive, in a car seat.

Old 05-13-2020, 07:52 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,280,058 times
Highway 152 here in California is very haunted.

A guy named David Allee wrote a book about how a ghost sat in the backseat of his vehicle and terrorized him.

Old 05-13-2020, 08:58 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I heard a similar story. A couple was driving a deserted winding mountain road late at night and saw a naked woman by the side of the road. They were freaked out but didn't stop, fearing a trap of some kind. They stopped as soon as possible and called police. They went back to the same area, no woman. One of the cops couldn't get it out of his mind, went back looking around, way down a ravine off the side of the road was a car, not visible from the road.
Strapped in was a woman driver, died on impact, and a small child, still alive, in a car seat.
Wow.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:43 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I heard a similar story. A couple was driving a deserted winding mountain road late at night and saw a naked woman by the side of the road. They were freaked out but didn't stop, fearing a trap of some kind. They stopped as soon as possible and called police. They went back to the same area, no woman. One of the cops couldn't get it out of his mind, went back looking around, way down a ravine off the side of the road was a car, not visible from the road. Strapped in was a woman driver, died on impact, and a small child, still alive, in a car seat.
I wonder why she appeared naked?

Old 05-13-2020, 09:52 AM

11,443 posts, read 626,119 times
Maybe she was trying to get attention that her baby was still alive in the car after the accident and if she wasnt naked maybe no one would have paid her any mind..... (Bieng naked she stood out more)

Its good the little one was ok!!

Old 05-13-2020, 10:27 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
2 Scoops office story made me remember one that happened where I worked.

I worked for a large company that had it's own office tower, with a large cafeteria that seated around 400 or more. The entrance to the cafeteria was a wide space with one side being a kitchen that served freshly cooked meals, the other side did made to order sandwiches etc. There were also 2 vending machines near the entrance.

Sometimes a couple of us would work a weekend when the building was empty except for a couple of security guards. One weekend, myself and another co-worker were working away when she decided she was heading down to the vending machine to get a juice. The cafeteria was a few floors down. She came back moments later freaked. She said she heard voices coming from the sandwich side of the kitchen, but there was no one there.

So brave me, putting on the bravado, said I'll check it out. She was right. I stood right at the counter and heard the sound of people chatting with the sound of sandwiches being prepared. It wasn't loud, and thought maybe it was an echo coming from the other side ( of the cafeteria, not the after-life ) so I called out, and no one responded. That's when I got the chills and left.

Later I tried to explain it away as perhaps ice-machines making noise etc, but I know it wasn't that.

Old 05-13-2020, 12:57 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,162,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I will tell one of mine again. probably the 3rd or 4th time I have told this particular one.

I was pregnant with my twins. Very pregnant & living alone in an apartment. It was a Friday or Saturday night & my friend Dena wanted to go out. It wasn't unusual for me to go out & drink ice water just to see people but that night I was feeling strange. Not bad ... just kind of ... pensive. Quiet.

So I told Dena "no", several times & she said I wasn't "sounding like myself" so she would go out alone & check on me later. I just settled in for the night with my TV & couch.

An hour or two later I got up & waddled to the bathroom. Stopped to wash my hands in front of the open door & decided to brush my hair. As I raised my eyes up in the mirror, I froze with my hairbrush on top of my head because I could see in the mirror that there was a tall, dark shadow standing behind me. I spent several seconds just looking at him in the mirror but when I turned around ... he disappeared.

I walked back to my couch & sat down. I wasn't even really scared. Just confused. Stayed like that for about another hour & Dena called me again "Are you SURE you don't wanna come out?"

Yes, I was sure, I told her & as we hung up I realized my phone needed charging & my cord was plugged in by my bed in the bedroom. My bed was a regular mattress in an old waterbed frame. The kind with a mirror in the headboard. As I stretched across the bed to reach my cord ... He appeared again. A tall dark shadow standing behind me in the doorway. Again, we looked at each other in the mirror for a few seconds until I turned around & again; he disappeared.

Again, I walked to my couch & sat down. I was in shock. The air around me felt electric & I sat very, very still.

There was a loud knock at my door & I almost hit the ceiling, lol. It was Dena. I let her in & she followed me down the hallway, past my bedroom & into the living room.. She sits down & gives me this sly smile & whispers "Well, you should have just told me!". I asked "Tell you what?"

"You could have just told me you were going to have company tonight!" I said "I don't" & she said "Christine; I saw that guy in your bedroom"

I started to cry & I said quietly ... "There has been a man in my mirrors here all night but I don't know who he is".

I am telling you; Dena freaked out. She RAN into my room & tore up my closets looking for him. He never appeared again.

About a week later I took myself out to eat alone at a Diner across the street. I was starving (eating for 3!) & ordered a huge meal. There were only two other customers in the diner; both at the counter. I was the only customer sitting at a booth. When I was done I asked the waitress for the check & she winked at me & said "Oh honey, it's taken care of". I was confused but she said the person wanted to remain anonymous. She gazed around the room & said "Huh, that's weird. I could have sworn he was here just a second ago".
Coschristi, nice to run into you here on this board! I was thinking maybe the dark male shadow is someone that is watching over you from the other side, a male relative or friend that had passed on. They say that pregnant woman have very strong energy because of the extra life (in your case two lives!) they are carrying. I really enjoyed your story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal