Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 10:59 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times

Advertisements

From what I read a 'life review' is done at the end of life (or when you get a NDE sometimes) and it is like a conference with wise ones where you all review what you achieved in this life and what you missed out on.

It seems it is no-one judging except for you. If you subscribe to the idea that you have multiple lives in different time periods, then each life has objectives before you enter the body, but although the main events might be fairly fixed before you get in here, free will allows you to make on-the-spot decisions which alter the course of events.

Kind of like soldiers having a mission objective, but allowing them to be flexible in order to achieve their objective taking the current ground conditions into account.

Being able to review achievements like this mean that the next life objectives can be based on past weaknesses or areas of inexperience. For example, you might recognize that you have been a male for nearly all your lives so far and want to increase your experience as a female so that you become more balanced and appreciate both aspects of gender better. If you were a person who disliked homosexuals in your last life, then you might decide to become one in the next life to see exactly what it felt like to live in that kind of a body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 11:06 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
From what I read a 'life review' is done at the end of life (or when you get a NDE sometimes) and it is like a conference with wise ones where you all review what you achieved in this life and what you missed out on.

It seems it is no-one judging except for you. If you subscribe to the idea that you have multiple lives in different time periods, then each life has objectives before you enter the body, but although the main events might be fairly fixed before you get in here, free will allows you to make on-the-spot decisions which alter the course of events.

Kind of like soldiers having a mission objective, but allowing them to be flexible in order to achieve their objective taking the current ground conditions into account.

Being able to review achievements like this mean that the next life objectives can be based on past weaknesses or areas of inexperience. For example, you might recognize that you have been a male for nearly all your lives so far and want to increase your experience as a female so that you become more balanced and appreciate both aspects of gender better. If you were a person who disliked homosexuals in your last life, then you might decide to become one in the next life to see exactly what it felt like to live in that kind of a body.
Whats interesting about many 'Negative NDEs'...there is NO life review or judgement...the person feels and sees themselves being dragged off into darkness right away.

Maybe the life review happens and we are not aware of it? ( I hope that is not true, as I plan to plead my case!)

Old 05-21-2020, 06:27 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Whats interesting about many 'Negative NDEs'...there is NO life review or judgement...the person feels and sees themselves being dragged off into darkness right away.

Maybe the life review happens and we are not aware of it? ( I hope that is not true, as I plan to plead my case!)
The wise review their life daily.

I'm not preaching, but if you "repent" on the regular, you should be mostly alright when it comes your time to go...

There's a passage from Hamlet, when his father's ghost speaks of his own murder that has always stuck with me:

"...Cut off even in the blossoms of my sin, *unhouseled, disappointed, **unaneled. No reckoning made, but sent to my account with all my imperfections on my head. Oh horrible, oh horrible, most horrible..."

(* unhouseled: not having received the Eucharist before death; ** unaneled: having died without receiving extreme unction, not anointed)

Old 05-21-2020, 01:16 PM

8,343 posts, read 272,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
We have all heard the term. Has yours?
Me? Twice. (Ha, much like a Life Review, I imagine!)
What did you learn.
Lots of times and more often since I passed the 70 mark.
I get inner sightings of past events going back to early childhood. A bit like watching a movie of myself together with feeling the emotions at the time .
I don't think about it too much(other than noting how I have changed over the decades) and just accept it as it happens.
(I have always assumed that this is a common experience as part of life)

(I can remember a couple of times when I was nearly killed and something 'magical' happened just before the end. Neither of those occasions caused a life review though.
I was just overwhelmed by not getting killed.)

Old 05-23-2020, 01:23 AM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Again, from what I read, those who believe strongly that there is nothing after death get to hang out in nothingness. However, they are aware there, which is how they can eventually start to question their being aware. I mean, if you were in a pitch black nothingness with no ground to place you feet on, just floating there, if you found yourself aware then you would probably start to question where you were.

From there you would probably start shouting or calling out and from there someone would eventually arrive and touch you or say something.

I think thats when the pinpoint of light appears which turns into a tunnel.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:56 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Again, from what I read, those who believe strongly that there is nothing after death get to hang out in nothingness. However, they are aware there, which is how they can eventually start to question their being aware. I mean, if you were in a pitch black nothingness with no ground to place you feet on, just floating there, if you found yourself aware then you would probably start to question where you were.

From there you would probably start shouting or calling out and from there someone would eventually arrive and touch you or say something.

Many people have reported being in that 'black void', but no point of light ever came.

What they said was interesting, it feels like you are just alone in a void with your own thoughts, no body to move around, just empty black space, most of them said they started to panic and some said the longer they were in this void, the more they questioned whether their earthly life had ever happened or if it was just a figment of their imagination.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:13 AM

6,459 posts, read 3,150,862 times
My father died fairly young, and I was still "living at home". I had always been a car enthusiast/driveway mechanic, but it was a PITA because the family homestead didn't have a garage. I was expressing my disappointment about that one day, and I guess my mother felt bad for me, so, along with a little encouragement from my best friend, she thought that we should have a garage built at the house. My BF's BIL was a "contractor", so he handled the job.

I was happy as a "pig in slop" for a long time, being able to finally have a place to work on my cars. Eventually I got married and had my own home, with a garage, of course, but I didn't live too far from either my mother or my MIL, for that matter, and the garage at my mother's was still my place to continue with some of the "big projects" that I had going on.

Eventually, however, my mother developed dementia, and could no longer stay in the house. It had to be sold, and she moved into assisted living. The day before closing on the house, I went back there one last time, to make sure that nothing was left behind. After going through the house, I went out to the garage. As I turned to go out the door, after taking one last look around, I found that my feet suddenly couldn't move. It was like I was glued to the floor.

And for about a 30 second period, my mind was filled with all of the various "projects" that I had worked on, during the 20+ years that I had the use of that garage..... the engine swaps that I worked on, the several cars that I had painted, the race cars that my buddies and I had worked on, everything. In a sense, yes, a portion of my life "flashed before my eyes"

Then, just as fast as it hit, it all ended, my feet became "unglued", and as I walked out the door and locked it behind me, I realized the finality of the situation, and that after all of the time I had spent there, and the memories I had created there, I'd most likely never be in that structure ever again......

Old 05-30-2020, 06:23 AM

1,161 posts, read 467,023 times
Quote:

You do have to be careful attaching any significance to the content of what you read. Across the entire spectrum of what we might call afterlife phenomena, including NDEs, the content is just too all-over-the-map to take seriously.

There is a great tendency to treat the content with which we happen to agree as true and regard everything as false. I say this as someone who has been deeply involved in this field for many decades.

I lump all the phenomena together as "strong evidence that consciousness survives death." That and very little more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal