Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 11:10 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
What was the diagnosis at the hospital? That may help narrow things down.
Looking on my release paper work, it has moderate persistent Asthma with exacerbation, below that, it says Acute respiratory failure with hypoxia.

I already have a Pulmonary doctor I see about twice a year, he diagnosed me with 'genetic asthma a couple years ago. I take 2 inhalers, Trelogy, and Albuterol (resuce inhaler), normally the albuterol inhaler works pretty good, but that night, it was having NO effect at all, the nurse said when your lungs are coated in Phlegm, the inhaler medicine has a hard time reaching the area its needs to be.

They were mainly trying to 'loosen me up', and get rid of some of the phlegm, Ive been spitting more up thru out today and taking mucinex as they instructed, it seems to be working, but I think some of this is due to the Prednisone and Levofloxacin antibiotics, (helping to kill the infection, that is causing the phlegm to build up).

I didnt mention this strange sound to the EMT or doctors/nurses at any time though, I think they would have probably just told me it was brought on by panic.

Last edited by rstevens62; 06-29-2020 at 11:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
I Never read about panic attacks like the Op describes. He does not mention if paramedics gave him oxygen the first time also, or follow up care. He also did not mention if they found a heart abnormality at the hospital ER yesterday, or follow up care. I agree with the posters who wrote about getting a more thorough physical examination.
I had a stress test a few months ago and everything was good, except for a left dilated ventricle, (which Im not sure is serious or not, my own doctor says its not that serious as long as blood pressure is under control, but other people have said its serious...I did mention it to the ER doc, the nurse and EMTs, none of them acted like it was significant.

I thought I did mention the EMTs gave me oxygen as soon as they got to my house, (but maybe I forgot to add that), they had me on oxygen for most of the time at the hospital, they did slowly taper it off thru out the visit, and by the time I was discharged, I was breathing fine with no oxygen.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
To make it more for this section. Maybe it was a dogman telepathically warning him to stay away from his planned trip to find one this coming weekend.
Yes...This is the first thing that came to mind, they are trying to shut me down, so I dont find them and post pictures all over the internet of them! LOL

What other explanation can there be?! LOL

Old 06-29-2020, 11:26 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,862,705 times
I've heard that noise before when having a panic attack. I think one's blood oxygen levels being out of whack can seriously distort perception. Never attributed anything supernatural to it - I wasn't actually in danger of dying at the time, just felt like I was.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruChicken View Post
Congestive heart failure? The sound you describe made me think of this article I read:

Left-sided heart failure is related to pulmonary congestion. The left side of the heart receives oxygen-rich blood from the lungs. When the left side is not pumping correctly, blood backs up in the blood vessels of the lungs — pulmonary edema. As blood backs up in the lungs, pressure in the veins of the lungs increases. Fluids within the lungs are pushed into breathing spaces, interrupting the normal flow of oxygen.

Related symptoms include:

Shortness of breath: Shortness of breath often becomes a problem during physical activity, but also can happen during rest. Difficulty breathing may occur suddenly at night, but may subside by moving around. Extra pillows to prop up your upper body can help you breathe more easily in bed.
Persistent cough: A seemingly unexplained cough produces pink phlegm containing blood.
Pulmonary crackles: Popping sounds occur when air is forced through lung passages narrowed by fluid build-up.
Third heart sound: The normal heartbeat has two sounds made as the heart contracts (pumps blood) and expands (fills with blood). With heart failure, a third sound becomes apparent: The walls of the heart's ventricles vibrate when blood fills the heart.
Reduced urine output: With heart failure, the kidneys cannot function properly. Sodium remains in the body, causing water retention.
Low oxygen saturation levels: This results from the heart's inability to receive oxygen-rich blood from the lungs.
Altered digestion.
Dizziness, lightheadedness and confusion.
Restlessness and anxiety.
Fatigue and weakness.

https://www.honorhealth.com/medical-...ilure/symptoms
I did take note of the color of Phlegm I was bringing up thru out this whole experience, thankfully, it was a dull greenish /yellow (no pink or red).

I didnt experience any dizziness, confusion or lightheadedness, I was restless and anxious, but for obvious reasons, I didnt really feel any weakness either, digestion was OK, I did eat a normal dinner earlier on that night, no gas, or heartburn, indigestion, etc.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
I've heard that noise before when having a panic attack. I think one's blood oxygen levels being out of whack can seriously distort perception. Never attributed anything supernatural to it - I wasn't actually in danger of dying at the time, just felt like I was.
I dont know if I was truly was in danger of dying... It most definitely felt like it, I could not catch my breath, I was VERY close to passing out, (although, Im not sure what would have happened if I had passed out...whether that would have killed me or not).

Old 06-30-2020, 06:01 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
They were mainly trying to 'loosen me up', and get rid of some of the phlegm,...

I didnt mention this strange sound to the EMT or doctors/nurses at any time though, I think they would have probably just told me it was brought on by panic.
Maybe anxiety related to the breathing problems triggered a panic attack ... you get into a feedback loop during a panic attack where physical symptoms feed into the fear which increases the physical symptoms until you end up with a full-blown attack.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:50 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,022,994 times
Something similar has happened to me from time to time, the sensation of air buffeting around my ears and head. No loud noise, but feels like flapping wings or heli blades, with a soft sound like you said.

I have never gotten it checked out specifically but a doctor did mention to me during a physical that it could be a blood pressure thing combined with dehydration.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Maybe anxiety related to the breathing problems triggered a panic attack ... you get into a feedback loop during a panic attack where physical symptoms feed into the fear which increases the physical symptoms until you end up with a full-blown attack.
Its possible, I knew this breathing attack was serious and I was in danger of passing out, I already have an extreme fear of death...knowing its about to happen...I could very much see this setting off a panic attack.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:03 AM

566 posts, read 678,011 times
Op; Because you felt better after you had oxygen, call your doc and tell him to write an order for a portable emergency oxygen tank to be delivered to you to have around you to buy you more time, for the next time it happens, and to also relieve your anxiety, until the medics arrive. Also, I would follow up on possible remedies for your left ventricle.

Last edited by glenninindy; 06-30-2020 at 10:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal