Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 10:07 AM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I have now experienced this Phenomena twice (yesterday and the time I attempted suicide coming off Heroin, many years ago), and both times it was the same, just wondering if anyone else has ever heard or felt this?

Basically what happened is, I was having severe breathing problems, so I decided I needed to go to the ER, I started getting ready, and came downstairs, this is when I had a breathing attack, I could not catch my breath, felt like my airways were closing up and the 'capacity' just wasnt there...

After a couple minutes of this, I started hearing this same sound I heard when I attempted suicide many years ago, the best I can describe it is the way a push lawnmower sounds, (specifically the sound of the blade turning), or like the blades of a helicopter turning, but to be honest they didnt sound as powerful as a helicopter...lawnmower sound is closer. Starting out its faint, but gets louder, as it gets closer, ( I guess?)

I truly did not think I was going to recover, Im not sure what brought it on, simply coming down the steps is not all that physical, so Im not sure what got my breathing rate pumped up, I had intended on driving to the hospital, but now I felt I needed to call the ambulance, It was tough just getting the phone and telling them what was going on and where I was, (I was on a cell phone, not a land line).

Ambulance got there within 2-3 minutes, I dont know how they made it so fast, but once they saw my condition, they rushed up and put a bag of oxygen on me, it didnt feel like it was helping at first, but very quickly, my breathing was coming back to me,

The whoosing blade sound was intensifying during and after the 911 call, I still wasnt sure I was going to make it, part of me was ready to pass out and fall to the ground, it wasnt until the EMTs got there and I got on Oxygen that the sound started to decrease, it went away pretty quickly after that.

I think this is maybe the sound of death, Im guessing the closer I get...the louder and more intense the sound would have grown, until it just overtook me and thats the end. One other thing I forgot to mention..the sweating! I remember this from my suicide attempt too, and yesterday was no different, I had sweat pouring off me, even though I was in an a/c 'd house.

Not something I want to experience again!
That's exactly what it was, IMO. If you read stories by people who have survived death, or near-death experiences, some report unusual audio effects that generally fit your description, before finding themselves in a dark space or in front of a tunnel.

So, obviously you pulled through, but what was the diagnosis? Did they give you a Covid test? I guess you're ok now, so it wasn't Covid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 10:24 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's exactly what it was, IMO. If you read stories by people who have survived death, or near-death experiences, some report unusual audio effects that generally fit your description, before finding themselves in a dark space or in front of a tunnel.

So, obviously you pulled through, but what was the diagnosis? Did they give you a Covid test? I guess you're ok now, so it wasn't Covid?
It was not Covid, they asked if I had ever been tested for it, ( I had not), I didnt have any other symptoms for Covid, except for the shortness of breath, and in my case, my medical record already said I had asthma, so I think the ER staff was able to quickly determine Coivd wasnt likely.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:00 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
OK, so this idea is not health-related, so you may have these other conditions which people are talking about.

I suggest that the noise you heard was you about to go out-of-body as they often say these type of noises happen at that time and it sounds as if it might be an opportunity when you could "see yourself from the ceiling".

Oh, by the way, green/yellow and sometimes chewy mucus coming up from your lungs is supposed to indicate an infection down there. Too graphic huh?

I must have missed where you said you were going out Dogman watching this weekend. Where did you mention that? Make sure you take a voice recorder. (but I wonder if you will be able to use it when you get up-close-and-personal with Mr Dog.) Are you going in the daytime or at night? Stay safe too.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:08 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,023,763 times
Welp, I'm a little hesitant to share more because I'm not much of a woo subscriber but...

The first time this happened to me, while it was happening, the face of a family friend (my dad's friend, hadn't seen him in like 10 years) flashed in my mind.

Fast forward to a few days later when my folks told me he had passed away...a few days before. The timeline matched up halfway decently.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
OK, so this idea is not health-related, so you may have these other conditions which people are talking about.

I suggest that the noise you heard was you about to go out-of-body as they often say these type of noises happen at that time and it sounds as if it might be an opportunity when you could "see yourself from the ceiling".

Oh, by the way, green/yellow and sometimes chewy mucus coming up from your lungs is supposed to indicate an infection down there. Too graphic huh?

I must have missed where you said you were going out Dogman watching this weekend. Where did you mention that? Make sure you take a voice recorder. (but I wonder if you will be able to use it when you get up-close-and-personal with Mr Dog.) Are you going in the daytime or at night? Stay safe too.
I had never heard that about the phlegm color, the nurses and EMTs just wanted to make sure there was no pink or red in it (which thankfully there wasnt), but it makes sense, they have me on two antibiotics and I feel much better today too.

Sam812 asked in one of these threads when I was going back to the guys house in OH, We had talked and agreed on 7-5, (which is also a full moon)...I think Im still going, unless I start feeling bad again or have another attack, Im planning to go up that night...however sitting here now, listening to all the fireworks being set off, Im sure there will be fireworks going off left and right that night, but hey, if Dogman is like other dogs, that may be to my advantage!

Old 06-30-2020, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KemBro71 View Post
Welp, I'm a little hesitant to share more because I'm not much of a woo subscriber but...

The first time this happened to me, while it was happening, the face of a family friend (my dad's friend, hadn't seen him in like 10 years) flashed in my mind.

Fast forward to a few days later when my folks told me he had passed away...a few days before. The timeline matched up halfway decently.
Hmmm, I didnt experience anything like that, (on either occasion), I think I was just too overcome with fright about death though.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:52 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
I'm glad you're OK!

Old 07-01-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I'm glad you're OK!
Thanks!

Old 07-05-2020, 03:49 PM

12,776 posts, read 14,987,827 times
rstevens62, I'd like to hear more of why you think there's something paranormal to this since you didn't put this thread in the Health & Wellness section of the board (which I happened to about what I'm about to say here). Plus, have you found anythign else to what caused this?

Other than the lawnmower noise you heard, I experienced something similar out of the pure blue, (but definitely don't believe it's anything paranormal).

Quick background: I "seemed" to have developed allergic asthma in 2017 when I turned 42, even though I never ever had any kind of respiratory or sinus issue, so this is all new to me. Haven't used inhalers (emergency nor steroid type) in about the last year before this occurrence because my breathing's been good.

What happened: I think I had my 1st asthma or panic attack in Aug 2018...never knew what it was & when I told my dr later, she couldn't say either.

I was breathing pretty frantically out of the blue w/ my mouth open for a while, heart racing, etc. Believe it or not, I chose to ride it out here at home & not go to the ER (health ins not effective till Sept 1st), but did get dressed though in case I had to walk out the door.

The very scary thing was...I was just sitting here at the computer calmly when my breathing started getting bad. I haven't dusted/vacuumed in a while...maybe all the dust in here caught up with me even though I keep windows, fans, and air purifiers on as much as I can. OK, yes, I guess dust is ALL around me!

I then thought about what I ate the previous day & it was fried fish and chicken, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes with some various dipping sauces. BUT I didn't eat late at all in the day, then go to sleep. (I have no severe food allergies. It's probably at the mildest level it could be.)

Also, for about the previous few wks, I've brought out this floor fan & been using it to keep cool, so maybe it's been stirring up too much dust around here lately. And I sit against a wall when I'm on my computer, so it's like the dust is stuck and I'm right in there with it with the dust being swooshed around.

MY GOD THAT WAS SCARY!!!!! I was praying while trying to stay calmly seated. After about about 1 - 1.5 hrs, I was back to normal.

Last edited by Forever Blue; 07-05-2020 at 04:17 PM..

Old 07-05-2020, 05:10 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
rstevens, Where I am it is now the 6th (so probably not yet the 6th where you are) and I am eager to get the low-down. - did you go Dogman watching?

If you did, then I hope you would give us some feedback, possibly in a new thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal