Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2020, 08:49 PM

566 posts, read 678,011 times

Advertisements

The problem is, you are still fixated on the physical symptoms he suffered from while he was still in his organic body, but now, he is in his other, spiritual body, smiling and saying, "It is all in the past now." How I know this is, because my own mother contacted me in a dream shortly after she passed. I said to her, "Oh Mom; How you have suffered!" Then, she smilingly said to me, "It is all in the past now." It's okay. Don't worry. To be out of the body is to be with GOD.

Last edited by glenninindy; 07-04-2020 at 10:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2020, 10:38 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Maybe the bible isnt the best place for information (when it comes to this topic)?

Doesnt it say there is an un crossable 'void' between the 2 realms (living and the dead), and communication is not possible, I believe it was Isiah, who said even if he could go back and warn his relatives, no one would listen to him anyway?

Old 07-04-2020, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Maybe the bible isnt the best place for information (when it comes to this topic)?

Doesnt it say there is an un crossable 'void' between the 2 realms (living and the dead), and communication is not possible, I believe it was Isiah, who said even if he could go back and warn his relatives, no one would listen to him anyway?
Christ Jesus promised us in the Holy Bible that nothing is impossible with GOD. GOD can do it. There also, were a few people in and out of the Holy Bible who had dreams that were real.

Last edited by glenninindy; 07-04-2020 at 11:28 PM..

Old 07-05-2020, 12:28 AM

329 posts, read 225,176 times
I think God sometimes allows people to develop dementia as they get closer to the end of their lives. Perhaps it is to relieve their feelings of fear of dying. Or to help them be less aware of their surroundings. It may be a protective mechanism that our creator has put in place for them. There are so many possible reasons (besides the physical explanations for this cognitive decline).

I watch a lot of videos on Youtube in which people who have had near death experiences (NDE) tell their stories. So interesting, uplifting and hope-inspiring! Your mother will be "made new" in her new heavenly home. She won't remember that you weren't there during those last few weeks. All that happened here on earth will be forgotten because love and forgiveness will reign instead of grudges and negativity. When your turn comes to join her in that realm she will be among those other loved ones eager to welcome you to your new home.

You needn't feel guilty any longer! Go watch those videos on youtube. Once you start you'll feel so much better.

Old 07-05-2020, 05:11 AM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by witsendman View Post
Thank you for the replies.

Due to his dementia, he probably thinks we deserted him since he was unaware of virus restrictions that prevent visitations.

I hope he understands now since the guilt is heavy.

Had I known he was this close to death, I would not have cancelled hospice just 10 hours before his passing. With a hospice order I could have visited him.

I did not want him to suffocate at home if a hospice nurse was not there at the moment since he needed periodic suction of fluid.
I am deeply sorry for your loss. Several years ago, my father passed of similar conditions.

Your father is in a better place now. He is not confused and he is lucid. He is being cared for lovingly by angels. He is no longer confused. There is no suffering, so sorrow and no anguish.

Bless you. He is in a better place than us.

Old 07-05-2020, 05:26 AM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I'm very sorry for your loss. All any of us can do is tell you what our own faith or philosophical traditions tell us. I'm an Eastern Orthodox Christian, and we believe our purpose now and in eternity is theosis, or deification: to eternally grow closer to a God who is infinitely beyond us. Which means it is a journey without a final end. This is a process we start in this life, but it will be our work in eternity. It's not going to be sitting on a cloud in a white robe strumming a harp. St. Athanasius summed it up this way: “God became man so that man might become God.â€

Romans 8:21 promises that "... creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God." Our bodies in the new creation will become deified as well, so any of these imperfections we're subject to will be no more in the sweet bye and bye. The church is silent on what our existence will be like before the resurrection happens, or the raising of animals like beloved pets (the Roman Catholics dismiss this possibility). One speculation I've read is that until the resurrection, it will be like a very vivid dream -- which seems like as good an answer as any -- and I happen to be one of those who believe there will indeed be animals in heaven -- that's how I read Romans 8:21 -- all of creation will be remade Somehow. Exactly how, we have no idea.

So yes, I believe your dad will be there for you, smiling and whole -- as will all the members of my family who have passed over the year. Take what you can of hope and comfort from what folks say in this thread, and don't let any negativity get you down. From The Apocalypse of John (Book of Revelations) 21:4, one of verses I turn to for comfort when I consider the death of those I've loved, and my own death:
Vasily's post should be of comfort if you are of some Christian tradition. I read Romans 8:21 the same way.

I also believe that your father and everyone you have ever loved will be there, including animals, restored in mind, body, and spirit.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:19 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,316,455 times
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. While his body may be gone, his spirit lives on and I'm sure is watching over you and yours.

Yes, your dad is whole on the other side.

I once gave a reading to a man who wanted to connect with his deceased father. I made the connection to his dad, but all the dad kept showing me was a young teen standing tall beside him, and all I kept hearing was the phrase 'standing tall'. I felt bad at first because that's all I was getting from the deceased dad but I relayed the info to the man who asked for the reading. He asked me to describe the teen and I also relayed some info on the teen that I picked up from the deceased dad. It turns out that that was the living mans teen son who had died of muscular dystrophy and was in a wheel chair most of life and had difficulty breathing, but yet when I saw the teen he was standing tall and that's the message that the deceased dad wanted me to give the person asking for a reading. Based on that and other readings I've done, I can guarantee you that yes, your dad is healthy and whole and in a much better place surrounded by love.

Old 07-05-2020, 10:51 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
Christ Jesus promised us in the Holy Bible that nothing is impossible with GOD. GOD can do it. There also, were a few people in and out of the Holy Bible who had dreams that were real.
There was a catch to that though...had to be Gods will that it happen....

According to the bible, God does not like communication between the living and the dead, so such a thing would be against his will, if any good was possible from it, God would have allowed it.

Old 07-05-2020, 10:54 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,316,455 times
I hate to even post this in a way in case it's considered off topic. When spirit wants me to give someone a message from the other side, my ears feel full and that's they way they're feeling now. If I don't give the message, they won't leave me alone until I do. They keep showing me a reading I did a long time ago. In that reading someone I didn't know sent me a photo of a loving mother cradling a newborn baby, all swaddled with cap on like they do in the hospital after a baby is born. I knew nothing about either one of them.

The first words I heard were 'his spirit came back too soon'. After multiple apologies hoping I was wrong I asked her if the child was deceased. She told me the baby was still born but as I spoke more to her and told her not to worry that he would be born again when his spirit is ready, I realized she didn't believe in reincarnation, and that's the message that my guides wanted me to get across to her.

So, OP, I don't know if that message is for you and my guides are telling me to tell you that death isn't final and you will see him again when the time is right , or if this message is for someone else here that needs to hear it.

Old 07-05-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There was a catch to that though...had to be Gods will that it happen....

According to the bible, God does not like communication between the living and the dead, so such a thing would be against his will, if any good was possible from it, God would have allowed it.
True. It must have been GOD'S will because Christ Jesus said that the rich man was very cruel to Lazarus in Luke 16. Poor Lazarus was suffering and dying everyday right outside the rich man's house and he still would not try to help him. The Holy Bible said There is a gulf in Paradise that the wicked, like that rich man, cannot cross. GOD has indeed guarded this mystery very well and for very good reasons, I believe. Why GOD still allows some Folks to communicate with their loved ones, GOD must also have a very good reason for when it happens, because it does sometimes happen. Who can understand all of GOD'S ways?

Last edited by glenninindy; 07-05-2020 at 12:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal