Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 02:45 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times

Advertisements

wilvan wrote:
Quote:
In the movie The Exorcist, which was based on a true story, the demon in the possessed girl at one point confronted the exorcist as his dead mother!
I thought that was a great movie. "Oh Damie, Damie, why you do this?" I remember it well but I don't believe it's based on a true story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 03:03 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
"Ghosts" are really the fallen angels that roam the earth. Like humans, they have personalities and some of them are jokers and like to play tricks on humans. They would manifest themselves as "spirits" of dead relatives and they know things about them and sometimes show up with their voices or images. In the movie The Exorcist, which was based on a true story, the demon in the possessed girl at one point confronted the exorcist as his dead mother!

Hate to tell you,But the Exorcist is not a true story, I know the area and the family, I grew up in that area, it's not a true story.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:52 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,080 times
I see dead people.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:19 AM

998 posts, read 1,332,616 times
Well...if anyone ever have the time and money...take a trip into the interior of Indonesia...you will encounter stuff that you know logically should not take place but yet does....

Old 03-14-2009, 11:38 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,002,363 times
Here's my take on "ghost", I prefer to call them spirit: We all are of spirit,(if you chose to believe it or not it makes no difference to spirit), every spirit resonates at its own frequency and every spirit has it own "awareness". When a physical body dies, this spirit will return back into the "Awareness" from which it came, however, as to where it goes into this awareness depends upon the "awareness and frequency" the spirit the spirit has gained (learned). It only return in the Awareness to which it "resonates".
The spirits we see are those spirits that closely resonate with ourselves, and therefore enter our realm of perception. A spirit can lower its resonate and therefor make contact with anyone that matches their resonates. If you have no understanding in how to raise your spiritual resonate frequency then you are locked out, you have no way to communicate with them if you desire to start the communications.

The caution comes in when you are contacted by a spirit that is closely resonate with you, for this spirit is no difference and its awareness is pretty much still locked into a material plane.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:51 PM

589 posts, read 1,560,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Hate to tell you,But the Exorcist is not a true story, I know the area and the family, I grew up in that area, it's not a true story.
I don't know all the facts about the book and movie... but read that it was based on a true story reported in an article in The Washington Post Aug.20,1949 about a possessed 14-yr old boy in Mt. Rainier, Md. The report was written by Correspondent Bill Brinkley.
-------------------------------
>>He (W.P. Blatty) began writing The Exorcist in 1969, drawing upon the material he had discovered some twenty years earlier, and finished his project during the summer of 1971. His creative process in researching and finishing both the novel and movie is detailed in his 1974 book.

The most interesting aspect of this work is that Blatty tells of a letter he composed to the priest who conducted the actual 1949 exorcism. Blatty prints a censored version of the exorcist’s response, revealing for the first time the existence of a diary kept by an attending priest that recorded the daily events of the ongoing exorcism.

Blatty writes that he requested to see the diary but the exorcist declined. Blatty decided to ease the exorcist’s anxiety and change the lead character from a 14-year-old boy to that of a 12-year-old girl.

In this book Blatty goes on to mention that five copies of the diary were known to exist at that time: two were in the possession of people who watched over the boy; copies were in the archives of two separate archdioceses; and one was in the files of an unnamed public city hospital where the boy had stayed. (It has since been determined that there are several other copies floating around out there among private collectors.) Blatty maintains that he did indeed eventually read the diary and based much of his book and movie on that material, though he does not reveal how he came upon his copy.>>

Read all about it here:

Part I - The Haunted Boy: the Inspiration for the Exorcist

Old 03-14-2009, 03:15 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Well...if anyone ever have the time and money...take a trip into the interior of Indonesia...you will encounter stuff that you know logically should not take place but yet does....
I have heard stories about that stuff from my cousin who lives in Indonesia (not in the interior of course). Weird stuff happens there.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:51 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyfrost01 View Post
The hauntings we hear about that people have seen over the years. Seems more than a coincidence.

Could ghosts be another type of lifeform we haven't been able to pindown?
Ghosts are demons that are pretending to be someone's long lost relative. They do this to get people to believe that when you die your spirit just wanders about. It is their desire to convince we who are alive, that the Bible is untrue, and there is no heaven or hell. Ghost are another type of lifeform, and a very evil one at that. Back in 1973 I experienced such hauntings, yet when Christians came to my aid, the hauntings ended.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:01 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
wilvan wrote:

I thought that was a great movie. "Oh Damie, Damie, why you do this?" I remember it well but I don't believe it's based on a true story.
I can't say if the movie was based on reality. Yet I can tell you, I experience a number of manifestations back in 1973 that would of fit nicely into that movies script. From shadow people, to strange voices, to drums sounding in the night. All of this ended when Christians came to my aid. And what I experienced is based on a true occurrence.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:11 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
wilvan wrote:
Quote:
I don't know all the facts about the book and movie... but read that it was based on a true story reported in an article in The Washington Post Aug.20,1949 about a possessed 14-yr old boy in Mt. Rainier, Md. The report was written by Correspondent Bill Brinkley.
I watched a documentary about someone who went back and reexamined the original details of the story, I wish I could remember the exact name of it but it was quite awhile back. Anyway, it turned out that there were a great many errors in the original investigation and I was able to dig up an article on a Google search that goes into more detail. Here's the link:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal