Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 03:16 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times

Advertisements

i do. i have experienced a "presence" at diffrerent stages in life since a very young age.

and recentlyi have found that certain things in my studio room are not in order. for example, i have an alarm clock close to the bed. it always faces the bed, the alarm is always on and set to play the radio. this past month on several occasions i have found the alarm to be disactivated, i have found the raido to be turned away from the bed and i have found the radio dial switched to another station.

i would blame the kids, except i keep the studio locked. no one goes in ther. could it just be a screwy alarm radio? could it be something else? who knows. but it definitely makes me think some thing is going on...

you just never know...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 05:29 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
I know ghosts exist, I've seen them, I've talked to them, and thats enough for me. I can't tell you to believe in ghosts, thats up to you.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:26 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I know ghosts exist, I've seen them, I've talked to them, and thats enough for me. I can't tell you to believe in ghosts, thats up to you.
Since (IFthey exist) they would be spirits . . . there is no way they could have been observed or communicated with using our sensory system. Things spiritual are sensed entirely NON-VERBALLY . . . which sort of puts your claim of talking to them beyond the pale and undermines your credibility.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:19 PM

320 posts, read 449,200 times
Hmmm Interesting Isn't It, talking to Ghost/Spirit of people! Yet Jesus was seen by peter, james, and John talking to Moses and Elijah, matt 17:1. I believe as much as there is a physical realm there is also the spiritual realm!

to each his own!

Old 08-19-2009, 10:18 PM

515 posts, read 716,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Since (IFthey [LEFT]exist)exist)[/LEFT] they would be spirits . . . there is no way they could have been observed or communicated with using our sensory system. Things spiritual are sensed entirely NON-VERBALLY . . . which sort of puts your claim of talking to them beyond the pale and undermines your credibility.
Since I have experienced some wondrous things I choose to believe that some of my loved ones are sometimes here with me even though they no longer live in the same physical world which I inhabit and I have indeed heard them "speak" complete with their own unique speech patterns and accents. I have heard them internally only. I would be over the moon if I heard them aloud!

I talk aloud to them very often on the chance that they may be able to hear me, so why not? There were/are loved ones.

Credibility? Who cares? I've asked myself a thousand times if I believe in their presence because it helps to ease the pain and heartbreak of the loss and that sure is a possibility but then there is my long list of minor miracles (wondrous things happening); how do I reasonably account for this?

As an Atheist I do consider myself to be a fairly reasonable person but we humans do not fully comprehend our own consciousness so who knows just what is possible.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:50 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightynerd View Post
Hmmm Interesting Isn't It, talking to Ghost/Spirit of people! Yet Jesus was seen by peter, james, and John talking to Moses and Elijah, matt 17:1. I believe as much as there is a physical realm there is also the spiritual realm!

to each his own!
Oh there definitely is a spiritual realm and it is our ultimate destination. Brief encounters during the transition period just after physical death would be very easy to countenance. Since consciousness is energy and we know of nothing that can absorb or transform consciousness energy . . . it is plausible that it remains accessible to those of us more spiritually sensitive (or strongly connected by love). I would not discount it . . . I was merely suggesting that the use of "sensory" based words can be misleading and undermine credibility.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:06 AM

320 posts, read 449,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Oh there definitely is a spiritual realm and it is our ultimate destination. Brief encounters during the transition period just after physical death would be very easy to countenance. Since consciousness is energy and we know of nothing that can absorb or transform consciousness energy . . . it is plausible that it remains accessible to those of us more spiritually sensitive (or strongly connected by love). I would not discount it . . . I was merely suggesting that the use of "sensory" based words can be misleading and undermine credibility.
I'm hardly the person for your explaining this too! think you'd be speaking to our friends above! got the wrong door bud try your neighbor!

Old 08-20-2009, 07:10 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,929,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i do. i have experienced a "presence" at diffrerent stages in life since a very young age.

and recentlyi have found that certain things in my studio room are not in order. for example, i have an alarm clock close to the bed. it always faces the bed, the alarm is always on and set to play the radio. this past month on several occasions i have found the alarm to be disactivated, i have found the raido to be turned away from the bed and i have found the radio dial switched to another station.

i would blame the kids, except i keep the studio locked. no one goes in ther. could it just be a screwy alarm radio? could it be something else? who knows. but it definitely makes me think some thing is going on...

you just never know...

I have the same thing happen! It's called, "jacking with the alarm clock in my sleep".

Old 08-21-2009, 01:47 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,011 times
Usually, the spiritual world is unperceivable to us but only occasionally.

IMO, it is better to live in this World, but bear in mind the existence of the other world of souls surrounding round about us.

Most people fear such spiritual beings, and so they say there is nothing: because certainly they are afraid of it.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:25 PM

113 posts, read 263,268 times
I'm glad I was able to open some minds about life beyond..... I have experienced some 'strange' events of which I cannot put a handle on.....I would never! say that 'something beyond' exsist. But, I always leave it up to the imagination of the person who experiences it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal