Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 06:08 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The official surname of William is Mountbatten-Windsor - straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak:

http://www.royal.gov.uk/thecurrentro.../overview.aspx

George V changed the royal house name to Windsor due to anti German sentiment after WW1. The Queen adopted it as the direct descendents last name after her coronation. The name comes from the town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 06:21 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
So what is the baby called?
Mystery baby. Bets are still being placed. James? George? Something with significance to the family.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:30 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Mystery baby. Bets are still being placed. James? George? Something with significance to the family.
I suspect they already have a name - it just won't be announced right away.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:38 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,275,241 times
Quote:
Actually Catherine of Aragon's sons were stillborn or died in early infancy (she had three sons but two died at birth or very shortly thereafter and one died less than two months after he was born). Her only child to live beyond a few weeks of age was Mary.
Thus proving the disproving...

She gave birth to three sons.

I made no mention of whether they survived infancy or even birth, Henry Duke of Cornwall survived a month, there was a stillborn son, and finally Henry Duke of Cornwall reprised who survived a couple of hours.

I know Henry's History very well, he was an interesting character.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:03 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Thus proving the disproving...

She gave birth to three sons.

I made no mention of whether they survived infancy or even birth, Henry Duke of Cornwall survived a month, there was a stillborn son, and finally Henry Duke of Cornwall reprised who survived a couple of hours.

I know Henry's History very well, he was an interesting character.
I didn't disagree with you. I merely clarified the births of Catherine of Aragon's sons. (see my name - LOL!)

Old 07-22-2013, 07:25 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
I thought this was pretty cool:

BBC News - Royal baby: Town crier announces news of Prince William and Catherine's son

Old 07-23-2013, 01:19 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
There were many love matches in Royal history marriages.. its just that we hear about the other stuff more... the Queen Mother and George were devoted to one another. as are the Queen and Philip, Victoria and Albert were madly in love it seems and more back in history were love matches... Some further back were alliances with other countries, but seems thats well outdated now.. and more marry only for love, the Royals fascinate and why even ones who say they dont care for them still have to have their say..... strange..

Old 07-23-2013, 05:05 AM

2,632 posts, read 4,050,947 times
Quote:
I know not everyone cares about this, but personally I think it's an exciting event for Kate and William and their families, and I wish them the best. Looking forward to hearing some good news today!
I'm American and feel I hear more about them than President Obama. I have nothing against William and Kate, but I certainly don't care about what she wore yesterday or what her sister wore to the royal wedding. Some of publicity is over the top.

That said, I wish the family well. (And out of respect, God save the Queen.)

Old 07-23-2013, 06:37 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
nice one Lex.. but I think Katie is seen as a style icon as much as a Princess..

Old 07-23-2013, 07:13 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,580,504 times
Quote:
He's been stealing the limelight. I suspect he will be quickly whisked away next time he shows up. He's not there in any official capacity -- more like a street performer.

As for all of the hullabaloo, well, it's nice to celebrate something positive. There's enough negative/depressing news on every day--I welcome this bit of cheer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom