Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2014, 08:26 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,141,861 times

Advertisements

Like Britain's National Health Service

Mistakes by NHS staff are killing 12,500 every year: And they operate on wrong body part once a week, reveals Hunt
Health secretary said some serious errors happen six times a week
He said: 'Twice a week we leave a foreign object... inside someone's body'
Up to one in 20 deaths in hospitals can be avoided, according to research

Read the story @ Mistakes by NHS staff are killing 12,500 every year: And they operate on wrong body part once a week, reveals Hunt | Mail Online

Old 05-23-2014, 08:31 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,628,507 times
http://www.fiercehealthcare.com/story/hospital-medical-errors-third-leading-cause-death-dispute-to-err-is-human-report/2013-09-20

For every NHS horror story, I can find the exact same in the US - and every healthcare system in the world. Try again.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:54 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,248,757 times
The UK isn't a single payer system either. It's a completely socialized government run system.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:02 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,860,537 times
The NHS is loved in the UK. No matter what the Conservatives or our cousins on the continent and across the pond say - there will be no dent on the average citizens support and appreciation for it.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:11 AM

459 posts, read 486,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
http://www.fiercehealthcare.com/story/hospital-medical-errors-third-leading-cause-death-dispute-to-err-is-human-report/2013-09-20

For every NHS horror story, I can find the exact same in the US - and every healthcare system in the world. Try again.
Not only that, but proportionately, the estimated U.S. rate of adverse medical deaths is FAR higher than the UK's. Even using the most modest estimate (98,000) and dividing it by the U.S. population - which is 5x larger than the UK - would lead to a projected rate about 50% higher than the UK. Using the higher estimates, we are talking about 300-600% higher medical error death rates.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:33 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,444,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
Like Britain's National Health Service

Mistakes by NHS staff are killing 12,500 every year: And they operate on wrong body part once a week, reveals Hunt
Health secretary said some serious errors happen six times a week
He said: 'Twice a week we leave a foreign object... inside someone's body'
Up to one in 20 deaths in hospitals can be avoided, according to research

Read the story @ Mistakes by NHS staff are killing 12,500 every year: And they operate on wrong body part once a week, reveals Hunt | Mail Online
So, your point is? You think we would like a US medical system here? Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

Old 05-23-2014, 10:08 AM

123 posts, read 278,608 times
I'm a Brit who has been living in the USA for over 28 years. I miss the NHS, health care here is a joke for the average person, thanks to Obamacare I'm forced to pay over $900 a month now for heatlhcare for a family of four. More than my mortgage, and thats without even going to see a doctor. Once that happens we pay even more again. Plus no tax credits for me as I make just over the allowance. If things get much higher I'm not sure how we are going to pay our heatlh insurance costs!!!!

Healthcare in the USA in just one big money making machine. Unlike the NHS. All those people who say you get what you pay for, that's not so in the USA.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:25 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,444,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacey1 View Post
I'm a Brit who has been living in the USA for over 28 years. I miss the NHS, health care here is a joke for the average person, thanks to Obamacare I'm forced to pay over $900 a month now for heatlhcare for a family of four. More than my mortgage, and thats without even going to see a doctor. Once that happens we pay even more again. Plus no tax credits for me as I make just over the allowance. If things get much higher I'm not sure how we are going to pay our heatlh insurance costs!!!!

Healthcare in the USA in just one big money making machine. Unlike the NHS. All those people who say you get what you pay for, that's not so in the USA.
I visit America, and talk with Americans about health care. What you say is correct. It's probably the best health care in the world for those that can afford good cover. For the rest, well, it seems to be getting more, and more, expensive.

Where's the guy who started this thread gone? I'm in a right bad mood, my wife burned my dinner.....

He's in Las Vegas apparently...... well, let's talk about LV medical care. How about the mentally ill on Fremont Street? Nobody gives a s**t about them. I saw a distressed woman talking to herself, facing a wall. She had soiled herself...... nobody gave a damn about her. My wife and I didn't know what to do to help. Americans just walked by as if she was invisible. A similar situation in England, would have been a 999 call, and she would have been taken by ambulance to a mental health unit.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:33 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,286,779 times
Mod Note:

OP is not relevant to the forum, and worded to inflame and incite. If real discussion is intended then lets compare and contrast medical systems warts and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom