Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2015, 12:10 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,431,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
So two wrongs make a right. Where there is clearly unfairness people must strive to rectify it. Accepting it is not acceptable. Being objectionable to people who see unfairness and want it remedied is also not acceptable.
John - ordinary folks in this country have always got the crumbs off the rich man's table. We had a short spell from say 1955 to 1980 when we got a little more. It was hard before, and hard since. The smart always thrive. They find a way to work within the system as it stands.

Good people try to change things for the better. But, in my eyes, we have gone backwards. Young people today are worse off than the same people 40 years ago. I have learned we are not really in control of our situation. The rich and powerful are too strong for us. The only way to change is it a real revolution. It would need to happen all over Europe, and especially America. It is not going to happen. You may think I am fatalistic. You would be correct. To really change things would take massive sacrifice. I don't believe the young have it in them. They are too busy getting high, or drunk. They are defeated because they are afraid of losing what little they have. The people in charge know this, and have no fear of us. I just realize what the situation is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2015, 12:14 PM

861 posts, read 852,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Protest? Join a charity? Spread the word? WTF...
Against the matrix like edifice that is modern capitalism, I assure you it won't achieve much..

Old 05-10-2015, 12:17 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
''They are too busy getting high, or drunk''

Can you please stop stereotypical young people please? Its getting pretty annoying now many have protesting and gotten pushed to the floor by the servants for the rich (Police) so stop generalising us.

I personally don't get high or drunk; I'm very clued up compared to most people I know, I've been volunteering in a community centre for the past month or so and like to think I spread ''the message'' every little helps no matter how small.

We the majority of the population have all the power, the government has very little its just we can't organise our selves in a fashion that will make the political system listen to us.

If 10 Million people marched to 10 Downing street demanding that they implement (overthrow the government, btw) policies that benefit the majority do you think they will say ''Nah **** off''? No! They will **** their pants....

More protesting expected on the 20th of June outside Bank of England.
http://www.theguardian.com/business/...ank-of-England

Old 05-10-2015, 12:25 PM

Look at the devil above look into his cold, evil, satanic eyes. You know what? Nigel Farage may be better than that fool.

GOD SAVE THE PEOPLE not the elite!

Old 05-10-2015, 12:42 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,107,664 times
I wouldn't call Cameron the devil, posh maybe. Some of your posts though are purely Satanic.

Old 05-10-2015, 12:43 PM

Posh / Devil same thing isn't it?

Old 05-10-2015, 12:45 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,431,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
''They are too busy getting high, or drunk''

Can you please stop stereotypical young people please? Its getting pretty annoying now many have protesting and gotten pushed to the floor by the servants for the rich (Police) so stop generalising us.

I personally don't get high or drunk; I'm very clued up compared to most people I know, I've been volunteering in a community centre for the past month or so and like to think I spread ''the message'' every little helps no matter how small.

We the majority of the population have all the power, the government has very little its just we can't organise our selves in a fashion that will make the political system listen to us.

If 10 Million people marched to 10 Downing street demanding that they implement (overthrow the government, btw) policies that benefit the majority do you think they will say ''Nah **** off''? No! They will **** their pants....

More protesting expected on the 20th of June outside Bank of England.
http://www.theguardian.com/business/...ank-of-England
Stereotypical young people? You think I am wrong? Go in almost any town or city on a weekend night. Take a good look round. Sure there are some young people who are different to this. Many young are a disgrace. I only tell the truth. If you disagree that is your choice.

10 million are not going to march on Downing Street. You are talking a revolution. There are many young people with too much to lose, and won't do it. You think the rich and powerful don't know this?

I remember a working class. Millions of hard working people getting up every morning to go to work. The smart ones have survived Thatcher and all that followed. Others have fallen by the wayside into a sub class. Totally dispirited and degenerate. Many of their children grow up knowing no better, and cause problems for people who cross their path.

You can argue with me all you want. You are at a disadvantage. I remember when things were very different. You are not going to get a revolution. As others say, deal with the cards you are dealt as best you can. If you don't you will live a life full of anger and regret.

Old 05-10-2015, 12:46 PM

132 posts, read 139,177 times
How much more pathetic can the loser-left get? Thankfully the Tories have the majority, it'll be good fun to squeeze the left for the next five years. :-)

Old 05-10-2015, 12:47 PM

132 posts, read 139,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Stereotypical young people? You think I am wrong? Go in almost any town or city on a weekend night. Take a good look round. Sure there are some young people who are different to this. Many young are a disgrace. I only tell the truth. If you disagree that is your choice.

10 million are not going to march on Downing Street. You are talking a revolution. There are many young people with too much to lose, and won't do it. You think the rich and powerful don't know this?

I remember a working class. Millions of hard working people getting up every morning to go to work. The smart ones have survived Thatcher and all that followed. Others have fallen by the wayside into a sub class. Totally dispirited and degenerate. Many of their children grow up knowing no better, and cause problems for people who cross their path.

You can argue with me all you want. You are at a disadvantage. I remember when things were very different. You are not going to get a revolution. As others say, deal with the cards you are dealt as best you can. If you don't you will live a life full of anger and regret.
spot on!

Old 05-10-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post

Stop painting all young people with the same brush, please! We don't all get pissed on a Friday night and vomit in hospitals waiting for the doctors to clean us up. Of course you won't know the young people who are carers for their parents or the young people desperate to get a job to the point of tears. That won't make the news because only things that scare people make the news.

Also why the focus on young people? I'm talking about working class and Middle class people fighting back for a fairer society.

You seem to think that I'm bitter 24 /7? I don't want to reveal to much about myself but do want a good life I'm aware that the government can't give me everything (that would be weird if they did) I actively look for work, I don't buy to much luxuries and I believe everyone should stand on their own two feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
How much more pathetic can the loser-left get? Thankfully the Tories have the majority, it'll be good fun to squeeze the left for the next five years. :-)
Go away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom