Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 06:42 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,260,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by F18 View Post
Immigration helps and benifits massively the British economy. Taking British people's jobs? The British don't want to do these jobs, hence the need for immigration. Most immigrants work harder in a week than the British do in a month. There has been thousands of studies showing the benifits of immigration.

You should really check some statistics before making up ignorant statements.
The UK has basically got a population of 70 million. I think thats enough, we don't need anymore.

Immigration is bad when the local population is replaced.

Old 06-11-2015, 08:24 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
People coming into this country should be asked what they have to offer.. and NOT a tabourine or accordian to sit on a pavement begging..

Old 06-11-2015, 08:46 AM
F18

542 posts, read 529,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart G. Griffin View Post
Oh really?

Since you're fond of statistics, the govt's own figures will tell you that migration has been a net drain on the UK economy since the 1980's of £100bn. The UCL study covering the period 1990-2011 put the cost at £95bn. There are other studies which reach an even worse conclusion.

In the short term (an irrelevant and misleading thing to look at) migrants tend to pay in more than they take out. As the years roll on the cost racks up. That's not my opinion, it is the UK govt's own opinion, and the opinion of every official body that has conducted a study.

Unskilled/low skilled migration drives down wages and pushes up housing costs and ultimately costs the country a fortune. It is a pyramid scheme which requires more and more migrants to foot the bill for the last wave.

The only immigration Britain should seek is highly skilled people and high net worth types who spend a lot of money in our economy. Everyone else is a drain on the economy and we shouldn't be letting them in.
Do You have sources or did You just made that up? Because I do!

How much do immigrants really claim in benefits? - Telegraph

I suggest You should take a look at these statistics.

Old 06-11-2015, 08:59 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:

Don't blame Griffin; He only listens what that disgusting toad of a man, Farage, lies about and the lame excuse of a PM Cameron pandering to the racist and xenophobic backbenchers. Whenever times are a little difficult, the only way right-wing parties get their voices heard is demonizing the poor and immigrants. It's classic right-wing politics. If you lose your job, are you, as a white person, going to vote for a party that says the rich have it too hard, decrease their burden so they make more jobs, or that brown migrant and Pole are stealing your job! Vote for us and we'll keep them out!

Old 06-11-2015, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
People coming into this country should be asked what they have to offer.. and NOT a tabourine or accordian to sit on a pavement begging..
I agree. Tired of seeing Romanians on the pavement.

It annoys me how all these Africans are waiting at Calais to get into England.. They are not going to have our quality of life!

Old 06-11-2015, 09:14 AM
F18

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Don't blame Griffin; He only listens what that disgusting toad of a man, Farage, lies about and the lame excuse of a PM Cameron pandering to the racist and xenophobic backbenchers. Whenever times are a little difficult, the only way right-wing parties get their voices heard is demonizing the poor and immigrants. It's classic right-wing politics. If you lose your job, are you, as a white person, going to vote for a party that says the rich have it too hard, decrease their burden so they make more jobs, or that brown migrant and Pole are stealing your job! Vote for us and we'll keep them out!
So true. Sadly, many people (not only in the UK) believe in this kind of BS. Right-wing politics is dangerous and a thread to democracy.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:17 AM

Its not bull**** its an opinion and people have a right to that. Don't be disrespectful.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:26 AM
F18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Its not bull**** its an opinion and people have a right to that. Don't be disrespectful.
Does not matter. Those ideas are medieval and are a clear threat to democracy. Obviously You have the right to think whatever You want but then you'll suffer the consequences of the BS extreme (both right and left) politics.

BTW: You want to live in the United States don't You. Oh the irony there...

Old 06-11-2015, 09:28 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
One man's opinion can lead to the death of millions of people. Opinions, depending what they are, can be very dangerous

Old 06-11-2015, 09:39 AM

490 posts, read 682,269 times
Quote:

I see your Daily Torygraph and raise you the Office for National Statistics and the aforementioned UCL.

Google is your friend.

BTW I'm not a UKIP supporter. I think I already mentioned how enthusiastically I support immigration in certain categories. But don't let facts get in the way, I realize that's no fun.

Believe what you want. I prefer the truth, whether or not it proves inconvenient or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom