Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 03:12 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
The point was from a previous poster that made a silly comment about how immigrants were not rich and therefore not the kind of immigrant that Britain needs. I don't even know where to start with something so ridiculous.

Britain's immigration system may not work as intended and it does cause some real issues (it certainly works better than the current US system!), but for the most part immigration has been a net benefit to the UK. Every year immigration makes a net contribution to the British economy - this is a fact. The claim that 'immigrants are coming in and taking benefits or loading up on welfare' is simply not true. If you look at the data, welfare is actually all spent on native Brits. Nearly all immigrants are arriving to work.

I am not stating that changes should be made for the better, but I am stating that the immigration "problem" is overblown, and it should be lower on Britain's list of priorities. What about the economy's falling productivity? The economy's ever increasing reliance on financial services? What about the huge current account deficit? Decreasing manufacturing and middle class jobs? What about the impending EU referendum (an out vote would infinitely more consequential than anything to do with immigration alone). What about the ever increasing cost of housing?

And yes, as you ask, having a "royal family" is retarded. Especially when (inaccurately) complaining about the cost of "immigration"!
oh your so lovable Mag... as Ive said the UK is the prime place immigrants want to come , so to them were doing something they all seem to want.....money and a house. they say "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me"..wrong , the word retarded does hurt.

Last edited by dizzybint; 07-03-2015 at 03:29 AM..

Old 07-03-2015, 04:41 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,429,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Sorry youve lost me...Im saying it as it is.... for a country that a poster sees as having bigger problems than immigrants, Im wondering what he or she means..Oh got you now the football team, no sorry hate football, always have.
Well it's a demographics that's rich in xenophobes and right-wing bigots. Nothing to do with actual football.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Stranger View Post
Well it's a demographics that's rich in xenophobes and right-wing bigots. Nothing to do with actual football.
see what you mean..not me thankfully and never have been... a fear of all this foreign?as in xenophobe, my father wasnt from the UK so that makes me part foreign too.. it has nothing to do with it, its the ones coming into the country in droves with damn all to offer, its the opposite, its to take...

Last edited by dizzybint; 07-03-2015 at 05:59 AM..

Old 07-03-2015, 07:23 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
see what you mean..not me thankfully and never have been... a fear of all this foreign?as in xenophobe, my father wasnt from the UK so that makes me part foreign too.. it has nothing to do with it, its the ones coming into the country in droves with damn all to offer, its the opposite, its to take...

See, this kind of rhetoric is what is infuriating in a debate like this. In just the last couple of pages are links to economic studies showing evidence on the real effects of immigration. Posters like yourself completely ignore reality and make unfounded opinion based claims like "coming in droves with nothing to offer, just to take"!

You're contributing to the baseless, ignorant reasoning that prevents meaningful discourse on this issue, which hinders the ability to effectively legislate immigration policy that really works. It's the same for pretty much any subject you comment on.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:56 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
See, this kind of rhetoric is what is infuriating in a debate like this. In just the last couple of pages are links to economic studies showing evidence on the real effects of immigration. Posters like yourself completely ignore reality and make unfounded opinion based claims like "coming in droves with nothing to offer, just to take"!

You're contributing to the baseless, ignorant reasoning that prevents meaningful discourse on this issue, which hinders the ability to effectively legislate immigration policy that really works. It's the same for pretty much any subject you comment on.
She is using her eyes, not talking from the other side of the world. I didn't want to comment on this thread, as it can get heated. She, like me, are looking what is happening to our towns and cities, and it isn't pretty.

Lets look at long term immigrants and their descendants.

British Muslims: integration and segregation are about economics, not values - Telegraph

This group alone is growing fast, and does not integrate with the white population. We are literally swamped with immigrants, many of whom want nothing to do with the White English. Are we supposed to smile, and say welcome to Romanian gypsies?

Romanian gypsy aims to earn £40,000 on benefits during just ONE YEAR in Britain | UK | News | Daily Express

You live in a world were everybody who doesn't want this to happen to the UK is a racist. Even the government admits multiculturalism is a failure.

The hard knock life of British multiculturalism

This is my only comment on this thread, because it will end up closed. Many recent immigrants do indeed work, but they also claim benefits like tax credits and child benefit. We are in the middle of an immigrant led baby boom. What is the cost of this for the NHS and schools struggling with children speaking many different languages? Plus housing problems, and overcrowding. It's time to pick and choose who we allow in this country.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
She is using her eyes, not talking from the other side of the world. I didn't want to comment on this thread, as it can get heated. She, like me, are looking what is happening to our towns and cities, and it isn't pretty.

Lets look at long term immigrants and their descendants.

British Muslims: integration and segregation are about economics, not values - Telegraph

This group alone is growing fast, and does not integrate with the white population. We are literally swamped with immigrants, many of whom want nothing to do with the White English. Are we supposed to smile, and say welcome to Romanian gypsies?

Romanian gypsy aims to earn £40,000 on benefits during just ONE YEAR in Britain | UK | News | Daily Express

You live in a world were everybody who doesn't want this to happen to the UK is a racist. Even the government admits multiculturalism is a failure.

The hard knock life of British multiculturalism

This is my only comment on this thread, because it will end up closed. Many recent immigrants do indeed work, but they also claim benefits like tax credits and child benefit. We are in the middle of an immigrant led baby boom. What is the cost of this for the NHS and schools struggling with children speaking many different languages? Plus housing problems, and overcrowding. It's time to pick and choose who we allow in this country.
not forgetting how many need interpreters at a hefty cost...and the amount of criminals being dumped on our shores.

Old 07-03-2015, 01:04 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Or how about these folks? Just what we need!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4vzVncozDs

Old 07-03-2015, 01:11 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,275,241 times
Mod Note:

Clearly an inflammatory subject, and clearly descending into bickering.

Thread locked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom