Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 07:39 AM

670 posts, read 906,117 times

Advertisements

Then there is this stupid woman who is enouraging them to risk their lives

Shropshire mum launches life jacket appeal for refugees « Shropshire Star
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 08:53 AM

504 posts, read 466,325 times
I have two spare bedrooms, and they will remain that way.*

*unless Tom Daley suddenly finds himself homeless for some reason

Old 09-07-2015, 09:05 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,246,765 times
It's a tough one. On one hand there is the humanitarian aspect, but on the other there is the fact that European countries simply cannot cope with that level of migration

When I see the amount of young men I also wonder why the hell they aren't staying to fight either. The US and it's allies cannot fight every war on behalf of the occupants of war torn cesspools.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:49 AM

670 posts, read 906,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
I have two spare bedrooms, and they will remain that way.*

*unless Tom Daley suddenly finds himself homeless for some reason

You are such a shameless tart.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:49 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,940,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
It's a tough one. On one hand there is the humanitarian aspect, but on the other there is the fact that European countries simply cannot cope with that level of migration

When I see the amount of young men I also wonder why the hell they aren't staying to fight either. The US and it's allies cannot fight every war on behalf of the occupants of war torn cesspools.
Most of them are not from Syria. Only 20% - 25% are from Syria. Just as many are from the Balkans (Kosovo, Albania, Serbia, Bosnia, Macedonia).

Asylum statistics - Statistics Explained

Old 09-07-2015, 09:56 AM

381 posts, read 278,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleneO View Post
The possibilites are endless and it will end in tears. On another note, Yvette Cooper lives in my neighbourhood, so I know exactly what house to lead refugees to.
Excellent.Post this link on twitter and facebook along with her address and lets see what happens.

Nicola Sturgeon and Yvette Cooper offer to house Syrian refugees | World news | The Guardian

Old 09-07-2015, 11:41 AM

490 posts, read 682,796 times
I am sick of the sight of opportunistic politicians desperately climbing over each other to ascend to the moral high ground.

There are 100's of thousands of people on social housing waiting lists in Britain. Where is their compassion for them? Not a good enough photo opportunity to be had there.

Now we have the uber clown Cameron making up immigration policy based on how sad the photos on the Daily Mail website are today. For the record the poor boy who drowned was put into a boat by his father in Turkey. At a holiday resort no less. They were not fleeing Syria. They'd already achieved that when they crossed the border into Turkey. Not much of a benefits system there though, is there?

I'm tired of hearing this human tsunami described as 'refugees' and 'asylum seekers'. They are primarily economic migrants. Hungary is not handing out free houses and social security cash, so these poor oppressed souls hijack trains and demand to be taken to the nearest welfare office in Germany.

And all the while gutless, self serving politicians queue up to outdo each other in the 'who can look most compassionate on TV today' contest. All desperate to avoid criticism and keep themselves gainfully employed at the public's expense.

And to add to the vomit inducing spectacle, Saint Bob Geldof is going to put a few of them up in his houses. Generous offer Bob but, statistically speaking, life expectancy is higher in Syria than in your house.

Call me desperately unkind, but my spare room is full of rubbish already. I don't want to fill it up with yet more.

Old 09-07-2015, 11:49 AM

17,638 posts, read 17,743,919 times
How about this "refugee"? Watch him in the video.» Video: Muslim “Refugee” Arriving in Europe Makes ‘Cut Throat’ Gesture to TV Camera Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Old 09-07-2015, 12:33 PM

861 posts, read 853,389 times
I am sorry, while I understand some of the points raised by folks here, there is a humanitarian crisis in Syria and people do need to be accomodated across Europe for the foreseeable future.

Once their status is established or when Syria returns to peace, then I agree they should be repatriated back to Syria.

Clearly people pouring scorn, have never been in a life or death situation or had to leave their home due to it no longer being safe.

Comments about dead children are out of line, the man may be questioned for putting his family in danger, but ultimately he would not have made this fateful decision if he felt his current circumstances were safe.

Most of you are warm at home, thumbing away on a computer, laptop or mobile device, unable to show any empathy to your fellow man which is quite astounding. Lord knows what would have happened if people showed such attitudes during world war 2, I know you folks are being gassed, but got bills to pay and your jacket looks nicer than mine, c'mon SERIOUSLY??

Would I open up my home? Probably not. But would I be willing to pay more tax to help them YES!!

Old 09-07-2015, 12:54 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,027,634 times
Let other rich Muslim countries take care of them. Unfortunately, Blair contributed to this situation - though not a rationale for opening the floodgates. Many of these people won't assimilate well, and there will be problems. Part of what makes the West attractive for them is its affluence, development and human rights. Constructed largely on a secular (even what religion there is has become 'secularized) platform. Ironic and problematical that many will bring their superstitions with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom