Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 03:52 AM

670 posts, read 905,600 times

Advertisements

If I see another twit with a #refugeeswelcome photo, I will vomit. I'm getting more and more annoyed with the social media militias’ and over emotional handwringers asking people to take in refugees as well as bullying our government into allowing unlimited amounts of Syrian refugees.

Yes, we need to help some of them and by that I mean the most vulnerable and those in UN refugee camps, but I don't think opening up the UK to anyone who wants to come to the UK. We already have an acute shortage of homes, long waits for hospital appointments and doctors, not to mention school places.

Peter Hitchen is saying a lot of things I agre with. His jingoism is palpable.

PETER HITCHENS: We won't save refugees by destroying our own country | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 04:10 AM

5,407 posts, read 3,603,907 times
then there are the security implications.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:16 AM

The possibilites are endless and it will end in tears. On another note, Yvette Cooper lives in my neighbourhood, so I know exactly what house to lead refugees to.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:43 AM

when you look at the news reports on the TV of these so called "refugees" very few seem to fit that description, none of them are in rags, they all seem to be wearing good fitting branded clothing and they all seem to have the latest mobile phone, most are fit, young men, sure there are some families amongst them-these are probably the only genuine refugees amongst them- the rest are just economic "migrants" looking for a better life in the affluent west.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:52 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,012,365 times
If that come through an institute that we can accept as we have no security issues yes I will,, with thinking in their shoes. Losing all including family members ,,what ever they earned, and falling in to the road and no where to go and no one accept will be the terrible night mare some one can imagine. But yes there are disadvantages too. People try to use this situation to jump in to countries.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:53 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,012,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
when you look at the news reports on the TV of these so called "refugees" very few seem to fit that description, none of them are in rags, they all seem to be wearing good fitting branded clothing and they all seem to have the latest mobile phone, most are fit, young men, sure there are some families amongst them-these are probably the only genuine refugees amongst them- the rest are just economic "migrants" looking for a better life in the affluent west.
That made me curious too. And I was thinking that too.

Old 09-07-2015, 05:01 AM

So true and I hope no one is offended when I say even the 3 yr old boy who drowned was kitted out a hell lot better than a lot of kids I see in London. If they have money to pay these smugglers, they can pay much less to Easy Jet for a comfy flight. This is very scary times and I don't think these handwringers realise what we are in for.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:17 AM

there is far too much Public "breast beating " in this country these days and the majority of it is just so they can look good to their neighbours, I am naturally suspicious of what I see.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:37 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleneO View Post
If I see another twit with a #refugeeswelcome photo, I will vomit. I'm getting more and more annoyed with the social media militias’ and over emotional handwringers asking people to take in refugees as well as bullying our government into allowing unlimited amounts of Syrian refugees.

Yes, we need to help some of them and by that I mean the most vulnerable and those in UN refugee camps, but I don't think opening up the UK to anyone who wants to come to the UK. We already have an acute shortage of homes, long waits for hospital appointments and doctors, not to mention school places.

Peter Hitchen is saying a lot of things I agre with. His jingoism is palpable.

PETER HITCHENS: We won't save refugees by destroying our own country | Daily Mail Online
Modern day activism .......

Old 09-07-2015, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Modern day activism .......
Aaaarrrrrg please make it stop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom