Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 11:50 PM

255 posts, read 1,195,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatSmith20 View Post
I live near Tunbridge Wells, a village I know well is East Peckham. Other than that if you really want to live in the countryside try: Cranbrook, Sissinghurst, Biddenden, Staplehurst, Bearsted, Harrietsham, East Farleigh, Hunton... All very pretty and set in typical Kentish countryside: think oast houses, greens, cottages... Other advantages of living in Kent is the close proximity to London and France, shops and other essential amenities. Hope that helps!
Thanks so much. I've been trying to look East Peckham up on the Internet and it's not very clear where to go for the best information. I like the idea of coming full circle back to where it all began (at least on one side of the family). I also like the idea of being close to London and France. That would be great. Don't have many other "wants" but I think it would be nice if we could find a town and a house on a stream. My husband loves fishing. I'll also try looking at the other towns you suggested. So many folks have suggested so many places that I think I will have to get a map of England and narrow it all down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 12:06 PM

267 posts, read 1,287,595 times
Aussiegal...it's going to come down to money to be honest. Being a real estate agent I'm sure you appreciate that prices swing wildly even in a pretty small country like the UK. Generally the south is much more expensive than the North with a few exceptions (cheshire villages between manchester and Liverpool (north West) are known for millionaires) and the golden triangle of (leeds -harrogate and York (north East) where again property prices are much higher due to scenary and travel links).

Old 04-29-2008, 02:07 PM

16 posts, read 57,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegal View Post
Thanks so much. I've been trying to look East Peckham up on the Internet and it's not very clear where to go for the best information. I like the idea of coming full circle back to where it all began (at least on one side of the family). I also like the idea of being close to London and France. That would be great. Don't have many other "wants" but I think it would be nice if we could find a town and a house on a stream. My husband loves fishing. I'll also try looking at the other towns you suggested. So many folks have suggested so many places that I think I will have to get a map of England and narrow it all down.
There is a river in East Peckham so fishing may be an option. You may not be able to find that much information on East Peckham as it is a small village. If you want to be near a river then Yalding is another option, but beware this village has flooded quite badly several times! Hope you find somewhere!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom