Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2016, 02:30 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,440,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacey1 View Post
OUT OUT OUT! shake it all about. Good luck Britain. Hopefully the vote is out on Thursday, so many lies told by Cameron.
Soon to be ex Prime Minister Cameron........ I'm just watching Boris in the telly debate. I can't help liking that man........ even though he is a Tory........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 02:31 PM

1,285 posts, read 593,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
These people present themselves to councils all over our country. Many with their children. I want to look after our people, not some other country's.
So what's stopping the UK from passing a local residency requirement that Cameron is mentioning in the article?

Nada

Old 06-21-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
So what's stopping the UK from passing a local residency requirement that Cameron is mentioning in the article?

Nada
So we say to these foreign families, go live under a bridge? Gimme a break...... it's not going to happen. We have to look after the interests of our people. If we don't, then we face disaster down the line.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:42 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,283,660 times
I'm voting out, since I'm currently resident in the UK until the end of August.

Damn Pandora is blocked from the EU because of EU regs. Might sound trivial, but if you use Pandora as long as I have, it's a serious impact on my listening pleasure.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:45 PM

Boris just got a standing ovation........... out, out, out....... I think I love him........ Boy, this is going to go to the wire........

Old 06-21-2016, 02:46 PM

1,285 posts, read 593,866 times
Quote:
So we say to these foreign families, go live under a bridge? Gimme a break...... it's not going to happen. We have to look after the interests of our people. If we don't, then we face disaster down the line.
So now you're moving your position to: Why are those foreigners here, instead of the actual housing policies previously discussed.

I don't know why so many went to the UK specifically, not for the weather that's for sure.
I suspect because they felt job prospects were good?

Other countries didn't allow Poles and Bulgarians in, remember?
It was a condition to their ascension to the EU.
Ireland did, but that was probably to put more bums on seats inside the churches that were quickly empyting via sex scandals.

My guess is, for the UK that it was part of the fanning the flames of the property market, and the influx of millions of labourers for cheap, was an opporuntity for that well connected construction industry.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
I'm voting out, since I'm currently resident in the UK until the end of August.

Damn Pandora is blocked from the EU because of EU regs. Might sound trivial, but if you use Pandora as long as I have, it's a serious impact on my listening pleasure.
Pandora? Wasn't she Adrian Mole's girlfriend?..............

Old 06-21-2016, 02:47 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,070,828 times
Quote:
Boris just got a standing ovation........... out, out, out....... I think I love him........ Boy, this is going to go to the wire........
Yes, that was great at the end. I'm a Boris fan too!

Old 06-21-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
So now you're moving your position to: Why are those foreigners here, instead of the actual housing policies previously discussed.

I don't know why so many went to the UK specifically, not for the weather that's for sure.
I suspect because they felt job prospects were good?

Other countries didn't allow Poles and Bulgarians in, remember?
Ireland did, but that was probably to put more bums on seats inside the churches that were quickly empyting via sex scandals.

My guess is, for the UK that it was part of the fanning the flames of the property market, and the influx of millions of labourers for cheap, was an opporuntity for that well connected construction industry.
I'd give each a sleeping bag.......... Try going to another EU country and ask for a house.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Yes, that was great at the end. I'm a Boris fan too!
Maybe we should write him a fan letter, and ask for a signed photo?........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom