Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the UK disintegrate?
Yes 158 33.47%
No 314 66.53%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 11:53 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,031,964 times

Advertisements

Such a sad state of affairs it is, when such a large portion of the population, doesn't want to look forward to a bright new future for the Britain.

Anyone seeing a bit of Stockholm syndrome?

Brexit, is the beginning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 07:38 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Such a sad state of affairs it is, when such a large portion of the population, doesn't want to look forward to a bright new future for the Britain.

Anyone seeing a bit of Stockholm syndrome?

Brexit, is the beginning.
I think its due to a combination of nationalism, populism, and a reaction to globalization.

Plus, the oil money provided a nice welfare state cushion.

Old 03-21-2017, 03:28 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
The UK is done. How can little England compete with Asia and Russia? It's not the 19th century anymore.

They should have anglicized the EU. Make the EU britain instead of Britain the EU.

The scottish would be stupid to leave the UK. Its not the middle ages. THe world is global now.
Asia isn't a country, whereas Russia has a declining population and a smaller GDP than Italy

Old 03-21-2017, 03:32 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Sturgeon is from Ayrshire and me Tayside that should show you how far this movement encompasses.

Just you watch us do just that. And it is precisely that Anglo superiority complex that will guide us to the finish line.
The English were clever enough to stay out of the last referendum, for the most part, which is what I think allowed Remain to win.

Old 03-21-2017, 03:43 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,031,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I think its due to a combination of nationalism, populism, and a reaction to globalization.

Plus, the oil money provided a nice welfare state cushion.
Strangely, exactly what these protestations could lead to, is what isn't wanted, and not the vocal minorities desired outcome. Still, it's not for me to point out their shortcomings.

Just a note; I wasn't talking about the Scotland problem in my post. We could get on just fine with them, if it weren't for agitating leaders.

On the oil subject; I think many know, that that isn't going to last forever.

Old 03-26-2017, 07:39 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,846,883 times

Jeez Dawkins wasn't holding back today!

Old 03-26-2017, 10:55 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,015,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GymFanatic View Post
Southern English definitely have a superiority complex trust me. You can't handle any criticism.
You mean they really think they're so perfect in every way?!

Old 03-27-2017, 03:39 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GymFanatic View Post
Southern English definitely have a superiority complex trust me. You can't handle any criticism.
Here we go again, see my comments about blaming 'the English', like I said before its about time 'other' UK nationals looked themselves in the mirror and stopped blaming 'the English' for everything. Give the English the vote for independence, why can't I vote on the future of the UK? Why cant the English have a devolved government? Why do I have to pay for prescriptions to subsidise my Scottish 'friends'? Independence for the English, give us the vote!

Old 03-27-2017, 04:33 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Here we go again, see my comments about blaming 'the English', like I said before its about time 'other' UK nationals looked themselves in the mirror and stopped blaming 'the English' for everything. Give the English the vote for independence, why can't I vote on the future of the UK? Why cant the English have a devolved government? Why do I have to pay for prescriptions to subsidise my Scottish 'friends'? Independence for the English, give us the vote!
Independence for England........ when do we want it - we want it now!!........

Old 03-27-2017, 06:34 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Some Scots say they want independence but they would have a fit if the lost the billions they get through Barnett. When Full Fiscal Autonomy was proposed in Parliament the SNP MPs were horrified and ran away from it as fast as they could. At the last referendum, the SNP White paper (no laughing at the back) was full of all the things they wanted to keep doing with the Union. They want independence but want someone else to pay for it. Right now, they think they can get that from the EU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom