Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 04:58 AM

132 posts, read 139,177 times

Advertisements

how about black people stop killing each other, that would be a good start.... that goes for the US as well as the UK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 06:08 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,050,991 times
Let's put all the misconceptions to rest.

Murder rate for black Americans 56.7 per million (88% perpetrated by other blacks)
Murder rate for white Americans 11.9 per million
Murder rate in Germany 8.44 per million
Murder rate in France 10.54 per million
Murder rate in Belgium 16.52 per million
Murder rate in the UK 11.68 per million
Murder rate in Portugal 11.66 per million
Murder rate in Sweden 9.7 per million

US stats compiled from FBI website and European stats were taken from nationmaster.com. Now an even more interesting tidbit is that in the UK, only homicide convictions are counted, whereas other countries count all homicides. http://www.publications.parliament.u.../95/95ap25.htm

In conclusion, unless you are a black American, you are probably more likely to be murdered in the UK than in the USA, albeit the odds are infinitesimally low in both countries. Whudda thunk it?

Added--In all likelihood, the stats are probably even worse for blacks than indicated. Many cities opt not to compile the race and gender of murder victims and assailants . There are political reasons for this and any thinking man can draw his own conclusions about who these victims and assailants likely are.

Last edited by Return2FL; 08-16-2016 at 06:25 AM..

Old 08-20-2016, 08:03 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
In the USA the Black homicide rate has fallen by more than half since the mid 1990s but remains unacceptably high. While I'll never excuse immoral behavior like murder I do think the American way of dealing with drugs creates a huge financial opportunity for poor people. Here we don't deal with drug addiction like a health problem but instead focus on putting people in jail for drug possession and selling, and destroying drug crops. So the demand remains the same but the price of the drugs goes up, making it even more lucrative for people who have no better economic opportunities than making minimum wage.

When it comes to police shootings some are totally justified and some are illegal street executions with no justification. I think BLM has grown because many Blacks who are totally law abiding feel like they are constantly stopped and harassed by police for no reason. To cover up the racial profiling that is going on the cops issue expensive tickets for minor things like blown license plate bulbs. Some small police departments issue tons of tickets for minor non criminal things to fund their departments. When I've lived in majority White areas you rarely see cops, in Black majority areas they are everywhere. I'm White and when I lived in a 50/50 neighborhood cops would frequently stop my when on my bike and search me for drugs. When you're a law abiding citizen that makes you feel resentment. After a while I no longer rode my bike in the area. That's why it's such a polarizing issue, Whites and Blacks generally have different experiences with police. Whites generally view police as heroes maintaining law and order, Blacks generally view police as an occupation force.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:23 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,187,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Here we don't deal with drug addiction like a health problem but instead focus on putting people in jail for drug possession and selling
True, but only about 1/6 of our massive prison population comes as the result of drug charges. We have a big problem with violent crime and serious property crime and I'm glad we're able to lock them away.

Quote:
When it comes to police shootings some are totally justified and some are illegal street executions with no justification.
Also true, but the ratio is probably on the order of 300:1.

Quote:
I think BLM has grown because many Blacks who are totally law abiding feel like they are constantly stopped and harassed by police for no reason.
The BLM manifesto that calls for divestment from Israel, free college for blacks, slavery reparations, the release of every black person jailed for drugs and military spending reductions is ridiculous and unworkable. It's just another attempt at wealth distribution and it makes me shake my head when I think that the people who espouse such beliefs will vote en masse for a candidate who has amassed a personal fortune of more than $100 million since her husband left office, and most of that money came from the very same Wall Street entities that they want to smash. As a young black man famously said on YouTube a few days ago as riots tore through Milwaukee, "The rich people they got all this money, and they not tryin' to give us none." Maybe Hillary Clinton and George Soros can put their money where their mouths are and turn over their entire fortunes to black Americans instead of just pandering to them for their votes.

The elephant in the room is racism: racism by many black Americans against whites. Some will even try to deny that such a thing is possible, but when you watch videos of black men searching for whites to drag from their cars and beat, its existence is undeniable. The media are wholly complicit in covering up these racist hate crimes. CNN aired video of the sister of the (armed) black man who was shot by a (black) cop in Milwaukee and said that she was calling for peace when she addressed a crowd and told them not to burn and loot their neighborhood. But they cut the video short before she advised the rioters to burn down the (white) suburbs and beat people there instead.

I realize that they're two entirely different things with completely different ramifications, but anyone who can understand why black Americans who don't break the law are upset with police should also be able to understand why white American males are tired of being portrayed as privileged racists who are always just one step away from raping a woman. Both instances are completely unfair.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:44 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Racism exists on both sides, as we all know. Silly me. I thought we had finally triumphed over racism when Obama got elected. But very soon after, the racism raised its ugly head again. It's worse than ever. There are idiots who blame this increase in racism on President Obama but the racism was in their own hearts all along.

The BLM manifesto that calls for divestment from Israel, free college for blacks, slavery reparations, the release of every black person jailed for drugs and military spending reductions is ridiculous and unworkable.

If that's what they're saying, I agree with you on that. Slavery was deplorable but it doesn't do any good to continue to dwell on it. It's similar to some of us being able to look back at how badly and unfairly our grandparents or gt grandparents were treated during the Industrial Revolution and demanding freebies now to make up for it. Not gonna happen and it would only serve to hold us back. Get on with your life, make positive changes--that will make things better.

(I'm not going to get into a discussion of American political parties; they are both greedy scum.)

Old 08-20-2016, 12:55 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
bureau of land management?
rofl!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-20-2016, 01:19 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The BLM are merely a protest group, and by widening their demands they merely weaken their cause. They should really just stick to the remit of trying to reduce shootings and injustices rather than become embroiled in left wing politics.
True. Excellent point by the way.

In theory, as to what their message is supposed to communicate in their organization's name (BLM), I have no beef with and can support totally.

But I'm real iffy about BLM and don't really care for them. Because to me they are symptomatic of the post-Baby Boomer Black-American culture that loves thugs.

Had I said 10 years-ago that Black-American culture prefers the Barabus over the carpenter Jesus people would have nearly stoned me with that being CRAZY. Now, all I hear or read are people on the political right in the US complaining that BLM defends thugs that get shot and killed. The same conservatives that would have stoned me a decade ago.

While not BLM I do like and get a kick out of how CNN cut out part of the young woman's comments in Milwaukee to make her look 100 percent peaceful etc. But her full comments advocated burning down white neighborhoods and that black neighborhoods need their weaves.

I had to chuckle off of that.

American news is so censored, full of lies, and just BS often. They could make Jesus look like the devil and the devil look like Jesus. That's American news.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:31 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times
BLM aren't needed anywhere. I initially sympathized with the group until I did more research on them. It is a racist hate-group, with strong Marxist influences, that aims to create division and hatred throughout society.

Old 09-05-2016, 11:24 AM

169 posts, read 168,909 times
[quote=DerpyDerp;45199691]

The elephant in the room is racism/QUOTE]

This is correct. The elephant in the room is racism and here's the fact. In the US, many white people don't really like African Americans and try to get as far away from them as possible and are encouraged by their parents to not interact with them, and when they do interact they are usually treated different by their peers. The converse is true. Many African Americans don't really like white people and try to get as far away from them as possible and are encouraged by their parents to not interact with them, and when they do interact they are usually treated different by their peers. Just go to any high school cafeteria or college campus quad and watch this in action. THAT'S America. If any American on here denies this they're fooling themselves. We have awful race relations in the country because we have an AWFUL racial history in this country.

I'd argue not exactly as extreme in the UK, a good portion France, and maybe some other western European countries. Why do you think many African Americans go to the UK and France and never want to come back? It's because they get much better treatment because I'd argue that relations between British/French people are better with African "Americans" than they are in the US. Theory? Well, an African American traveller is educated and non threatening when they land on European soil and generally have an "assimilated look" to western culture. Interestingly enough, that same African American traveller will get side looks, followed, pulled over, etc in his/her home country.

I know one thing white americans hate most in the world is being told they're racist. It's a strong accusation but sometimes you have to step back and take a look in the mirror. And like I said, African Americans can be just as bad, but when you're in a community that's been disenfranchised since the slave days, you have to take a minute to understand. Whether you believe in that in another argument for another thread.

But it can't be denied, race relations in the UK, France, Netherlands, Australia, NZ, etc are much better than they are in the US.

PS: the shooting data. yes, greater than 90% of African Americans are killed by other African Americans (gang killings mostly. let's be honest) the data for the white american murder rate is about the same too. most white people are murdered by another white person is like 80%. Black murdering a white person is 14% and white murdering a black person is about 8%. The take away.......you are more likely to be murdered by someone that LOOKS LIKE YOU.

Old 09-05-2016, 11:39 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,187,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggidy View Post
Just go to any high school cafeteria or college campus quad and watch this in action. THAT'S America. If any American on here denies this they're fooling themselves.
I'll deny it because I've seen it with my own eyes. Our campuses are racially integrated and interactions (and relationships) between white and black students are plentiful. Politicians and certain pundits make their livings by portraying America as a white, racist nation, but it's simply not true. We're actually sort of tan and quite friendly and welcoming to one and all.

I live in a gated community, which some narrow-minded people would consider an attempt by white Americans to "get away from" certain ethnic groups, but if you strolled the sidewalks of my neighborhood you'll find plenty of black residents. Lots of Hispanic residents, Asians and Muslims, too. We're not trying to escape from anything, we just want to live in a nice neighborhood that is safe, well-maintained and served by good schools. Race is not an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggidy View Post
I know one thing white americans hate most in the world is being told they're racist.
And it's completely understandable when you're deemed racist and privileged when you are neither. Judging people by their gender, residence and/or the color of their skin is foolish and wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom