Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2016, 04:41 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
which is why poland should be made stronger. serves as a good buffer state. Poland has lived under both german and russian domination.

I think the EU was good idea at least from a tourist and business perspective. The unified currency and movement throughout the continent made it much easier for travel.

The EU just didn't work out politically. There needs to be one language which should be english. It should also be led by US/UK like NATO. French don't fall in line for some reason. They like to be too independent for their own good. the only thing they have going for them is food and beaux arts.
Goodness I wouldn't let AmaroW hear you speaking this way, you will be in big trouble!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 05:10 PM

1,529 posts, read 916,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
which is why poland should be made stronger. serves as a good buffer state. Poland has lived under both german and russian domination.

I think the EU was good idea at least from a tourist and business perspective. The unified currency and movement throughout the continent made it much easier for travel.

The EU just didn't work out politically. There needs to be one language which should be english. It should also be led by US/UK like NATO. French don't fall in line for some reason. They like to be too independent for their own good. the only thing they have going for them is food and beaux arts.
The EU should be led by US/UK? Where do you get your ideas from? The other nonsense is expecting the people in all EU countries to speak english. A little naive, aren't you?

Old 10-17-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Goodness I wouldn't let AmaroW hear you speaking this way, you will be in big trouble!
Actually that would be hilarious to have them talk over each other. If that happens I will take amaroW off ignore. I believe they both are about the same age and still a little wet behind the ears.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:13 PM

2,639 posts, read 1,996,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
Not a bad idea. The two once divided Poland. This time they should divide all of Europe. Bl...y marvelous.
One scenario I have seen eclipses traditional European geopolitics.

I recall a map of the Middle East and Europe. Circles indicated ranges of missiles launched from various sites in the Middle East. Targets? The capitals of Europe, from Moscow to Paris.

The warheads wouldn't even need to be nuclear. The V1 buzz bomb was a real problem for London, using conventional explosives.

Old 10-17-2016, 08:11 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,482,861 times
The main problem with the middle east is that the ideology has to be changed. These people don't accept the enlightenment. Also, oil money and politics plays a big part in upholding this theocratic states. Maybe baathism was better for them. At least they wore a suit and tie.

Old 10-18-2016, 12:14 PM

44 posts, read 43,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
I'm personally going to contact my legislators in the US about the need to enhance the special relationship with the UK. If a big dog like the US shows favoritism to the UK in trading, the EU may be more likely to stop the bullying of the UK.
The British people are no joke to mess with. Britain been fine for thousand of years long on it own before the EU was created..........for a bunch of elitist pests.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityV View Post
The British people are no joke to mess with. Britain been fine for thousand of years long on it own before the EU was created..........for a bunch of elitist pests.
Is that thousand or thousands. You never know maybe Adam and Eve were the first british people?

Old 10-18-2016, 01:26 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,352,455 times
And here I thought the US was messed up.

Old 10-18-2016, 03:53 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times
Quote:
Is that thousand or thousands. You never know maybe Adam and Eve were the first british people?

Of course they were! Look at their names........Adam - Eve, you can't get more 'British' than that can you!

Old 10-18-2016, 08:29 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,482,861 times
Quote:
The EU should be led by US/UK? Where do you get your ideas from? The other nonsense is expecting the people in all EU countries to speak english. A little naive, aren't you?
No. Its either english or Putin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Ok. They have a good passenger rail system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityV View Post
tell that to boudica

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom