Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2018, 04:20 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,353,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Oh, it tells me lots of things, probably none of which would meet with your approval.
Your jealousy is showing.

Old 05-16-2018, 04:29 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,964,825 times
The Daily Fail reports that Mr. Markle is out of surgery - triple bypass - and making a good recovery. Apparently he contacted the media himself to state this.

Meanwhile, Ugly Half-Sister Samantha says he is very lonely and all by himself with no one to assist him.

Umm, he's your dad too, Samantha. Even if you can't be with him, call, send flowers, telegrams, whatever. Just keep your mouth shut to the tabs for the next three days, is that so difficult??

Old 05-16-2018, 04:32 PM

9,549 posts, read 7,115,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
Your jealousy is showing.
First of all, this is a pathetic reply.

Secondly, you would be wrong. Maybe jealous of Kate, but not of Meghan.

Seriously, though, I was 13 when Diana married Charles, and over the next few years as I was an awkaward teenager, I remember feeling envious of Diana's picture perfect life.

Of course it turned out to be a nightmare, and following that and learning that not all is as it appears, taught me not to be envious of people.

Similarly I knew a girl in college who was super rich and thin and gorgeous. She dated the quarterback (who happened to be Troy Aikman, BTW). She went home for Christmas break with one of the girls on my dorm floor because her parents were divorced and neither of them wanted her to come home over the holiday. It was the same kind of lesson.

Also I am far from the only person questioning this marriage. Other people on this forum and other public forums have said all that I am saying and more. Are they all jealous too? Why aren't you fighting back against them?

Last edited by calgirlinnc; 05-16-2018 at 04:52 PM..

Old 05-16-2018, 04:52 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,376,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Dress.. slash neck maybe slightly off the shoulders, silvery white... but with 3/4 sleeves in beaded lace....with trailing material, very fitted at the waist flowing gently into a full skirt with the back much longer than the front... Dianas pearl tiara and figured scroll sort of pattern veil.. Flowers.. small white roses and cream roses..with trailing stems... Pale China blue outfits for the children.. with cream... Kate will mimick the childrens outfits with hers.. she did this at her sisters wedding and for Charlottes christening.. The Queen deep pink... Camilla , Lemon.. Sophie navy blue. there ye go Ive looked into my crystal ball hahahah.
This sounds good to me.

I see the gown as silvery white too rather than pinkish. I also think it's going to be tailored and more contemporary than gauzy and lacy.

Old 05-16-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
The Daily Fail reports that Mr. Markle is out of surgery - triple bypass - and making a good recovery. Apparently he contacted the media himself to state this.

Meanwhile, Ugly Half-Sister Samantha says he is very lonely and all by himself with no one to assist him.

Umm, he's your dad too, Samantha. Even if you can't be with him, call, send flowers, telegrams, whatever. Just keep your mouth shut to the tabs for the next three days, is that so difficult??
Apparently it's very difficult for her. My gosh, she's acting like the only family he has available is Meghan Markle. According to the very vocal Samantha, "Meg’s family (our family) is complete with sister, brother, aunts, uncles, cousins and the glue of our family, our amazing completely self-sacrificing father." So Dad should have no problem with loneliness or needing assistance. I mean, unless he's some sort of goobery jerk that no one likes much.

Old 05-16-2018, 05:14 PM

7,490 posts, read 4,995,300 times
Quote:
It's time to start guessing what the wedding gown will look like.

I say: ivory silk with a hint of pink, long, A-line, unexpectedly modest V-neck, beaded bodice and trim, elbow or long sleeved, 15 foot train. Matching court shoes.

No veil, but either a tiara or diamond hair ornaments, perhaps with white heather or baby's breath (see Princess Anne's second wedding). Hair worn up and much tidier than usual - no messy bun look. Pearl and diamond earrings - perhaps once Diana's, or a gift from the groom or the Queen and Duke of E. No necklace.

Pink and white peonies, pink Fairy roses, white heather (trad. for the royals), myrtle, ivy, and ferns in a trailing bouquet.

Pale pink full skirted silk dresses with short puffed sleeves, pink rosebud and ivy hair garlands, and leaf-green sashes for the little girl attendants. Something old-fashioned and coordinated for the little boys - not pink, but perhaps ivory shirts with green knee pants and pink rosebud boutonnieres to coordinate. Maybe green vests over ivory shirts and pants.

I expect to see the Queen in blue. No idea about the other ladies.

So, go on, have a guess!
Old fashioned rules would dictate that there are some red flowers in her bouquet.

Old 05-16-2018, 05:27 PM

Well, it gets even more - incredible.

Seems Samantha Markle has been injured in a car accident. She broke her ankle whilst being pursued by...you got it, paparazzi. Not that this has stopped her from promptly reporting in to TMZ. ugh.

Really don't know which of these circuses stretches belief farther: the Royal Wedding or Russiagate.

Then there's Kilauea...not exactly a slow news week, is it?

Old 05-16-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Old fashioned rules would dictate that there are some red flowers in her bouquet.
Whose rules?? Never heard this, and don't recall red flowers' presence in any other royal brides' bouquets. White heather and myrtle seem to be British royal wedding bouquet traditions, along with Welsh gold being used for the brides' wedding rings.

Old 05-16-2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Well, it gets even more - incredible.

Seems Samantha Markle has been injured in a car accident. She broke her ankle whilst being pursued by...you got it, paparazzi. Not that this has stopped her from promptly reporting in to TMZ. ugh.

Really don't know which of these circuses stretches belief farther: the Royal Wedding or Russiagate.

Then there's Kilauea...not exactly a slow news week, is it?
Oh brother!!!!!! No, wait, NOT THE BROTHER!!!!

Old 05-16-2018, 05:36 PM

2,997 posts, read 3,883,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
behave yourself and grow up..... what a stupid racist thing to say..
Quote:
Care to provide the documentation for your charge? Prince Harry was born in the same hospital where little Prince Louis made his appearance a couple of weeks ago, right in the heart of London. How is he an "illegal immigrant"?

Meghan Markle has taken British citizenship and I think will hold dual citizenship in the future - she will be both an American citizen and a British subject.

If you want to make a joke, be sure it's actually funny before posting. Of course, if you just want to troll...go right ahead and see where that gets you.

The last rightful king was Gruffydd ap Llywelyn. Vortigern only gave the Saxons the Isle of Thanet, hence all "royalty" not descended from Gruffydd (or Owain Glyndŵr, the last prince of Wales) are illegal imposters.

And all lands south of Hadrian's all belong to Cymru (Isle of Thanet excepted, which is England.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom