Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2018, 08:59 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,412,423 times

Advertisements

You know the one thing I'm really curious about?

What advice or warnings (if any) was Meghan's family given about the media prior to the engagement announcement?

It just seems like they weren't very protected at all. I read that Meghan's mother had guards, but that didn't stop photographers from stalking her every move when she left the house. Since her house doesn't have a garage (only a carport), she couldn't even unload her groceries without being photographed.

And Meghan's half-sister said reporters literally rented the house next door to their father! What a nightmare that would be.

In their joint engagement interview, Meghan and Harry said they were taken by surprise at how low the media went after they were engaged. Harry even issued a statement to the press to leave Meghan alone and complained about the racial overtones of the coverage. I had no idea what had been said at the time, but after seeing the Daily Mail coverage, I see why he was so disgusted.

Still. I would think they would have moved both parents to other houses at least until after the wedding. They had to have an inkling of what was coming.

Kate Middleton's parents were lucky in that their house was out in the country behind walls or hedges. They had more privacy built in than Meghan's parents do.

Last edited by Shooting Stars; 05-15-2018 at 09:29 AM..

Old 05-15-2018, 09:02 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,063,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Yes, the older daughter Beatrice wore a ridiculous hat to Prince William's wedding. She later auctioned it off on EBay for charity.

This was asked up thread...Fergie's younger daughter, Eugenie, is engaged and is getting married October 12.
Hopefully, Eugenie’s wedding will be less of a palaver than this current one...

As far as I know, both of Fergie’s daughters will be attending Harry and Meghan’s wedding (so look out for silly outfits again). But I don’t think Fergie herself is going?

Old 05-15-2018, 09:02 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,432,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Couple of things: someone referred to the York sisters (Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie) as ugly and hoped they'd wear huge hats that would cover their faces.

Wonder how pulchritudinous that poster is?

How mean. Both girls are lovely young ladies, and there's never been a word of scandal associated with either one of them. They are said to be polite, pleasant, friendly, and down-to-earth. Beatrice does seem to switch jobs frequently and certainly enjoys her vacations, but unlike one of her first cousins, never participated in drunken nude billiards in Las Vegas, or wore an SS uniform to a costume party.
That was me......... Come on, you're among the British now........ we call a spade a spade. Those two girls are real plain. Your description of them is spot on. Stupid is another word for them I'd use. The Windsor's are not known for their brains.

Pulchritudinous? What does that mean? We don't use long fancy words here in the UK thread!....... I am guessing it's something to do with my physical appearance. Well, all I can say modestly, is for my age, I am quite beautiful, although admittedly weathered. Lots of photos of me in my file that folks on my friends list can see..........

Oh, this thread is getting fun!! I can't believe the Windsor's are managing to mess up a simple thing like a wedding!!

Old 05-15-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Dave, you are awful! But yeah, didn’t one of Fergie’s (interesting looking) daughters wear a hat resembling a toilet seat, to a wedding a while back?!

Someone is bound to wear something ridiculous to this wedding as well...
Give 'em veils to wear. Thick ones.........

Old 05-15-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
That was me......... Come on, you're among the British now........ we call a spade a spade. Those two girls are real plain. Your description of them is spot on. Stupid is another word for them I'd use. The Windsor's are not known for their brains.

Pulchritudinous? What does that mean? We don't use long fancy words here in the UK thread!....... I am guessing it's something to do with my physical appearance. Well, all I can say modestly, is for my age, I am quite beautiful, although admittedly weathered. Lots of photos of me in my file that folks on my friends list can see..........

Oh, this thread is getting fun!! I can't believe the Windsor's are managing to mess up a simple thing like a wedding!!
^ Dave has weathered well... for his age...

Old 05-15-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
That was me......... Come on, you're among the British now........ we call a spade a spade. Those two girls are real plain.
Really? I think the one that's recently engaged (Eugenie?) is attractive.

Old 05-15-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Really? I think the one that's recently engaged (Eugenie?) is attractive.
She looks like her father when he was young, just with longer hair....... The other one's worse........

Old 05-15-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
^ Dave has weathered well... for his age...
I know it!!........... I can still turn the ladies heads when in Spain on holiday. Well, the ones who can still turn their necks.........

Old 05-15-2018, 09:14 AM

It’s a “no comment” from me... (About Fergie’s daughters)

Old 05-15-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post

You put your finger on the point - that she disposes of people who are of no use to her. That is a personality trait that conflicts with the values of the Royal Family. Married people need to have similar values to sustain the relationship. The Royal Family has distanced themselves from people because of tradition and the Church of England, something that doesn't sit well with Harry (e.g.: his mother) whereas it is Meghan who has distanced herself from family because they detract from the image she wants others to see. It strikes me that he fundamentally disagrees with one of her strongest characteristics - yet he is blind to this because he is in love.
Yeah. I'm not remotely a fan of the monarchy and if I were British, I'd want it abolished.

But Harry himself seems like a delightful person. I feel badly for him right now. He should be on top of the world.

Meghan had better treat him well, or there will be hell to pay. He is very popular and you know everyone would take his side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom